Off spec for shadow priest?

So me and my irl friend decided to start a 10man raiding guild

Currently im shadow and i'm wondering which offspec would we benifit the most of?

Should i go dual shadow

or
    shadow/holy?
    shadiw/disc?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ill&cn=Nephite

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Off spec for shadow priest?

Its entirley your chouce.. what do you prefer playing?
    Disc or Holy?
    Well its easier to swich shadow gear to dsic because is shares many of the stats whereas holy would require a whole new set of gear.

Hey Mate.

Fellow shadow priest here. My best suggestion is to get a solid healing gear set and spec that work for you. Try to get some experience as both holy and disc as each are very excellent choices for ICC. I genuinely feel that either could work. Perhaps you should chose your healing spec based on the type of healers your 10m will be using. The question is will you need more tank / absorption type healing, or will you need more raid / versatile healing. With my current group setup I chose Holy as my offspec and its panned out quite nicely. Some fights in ICC will require 3 heals and others may require you use only 2 due to DPS constraints (especially as you get into hard modes). So whichever spec you chose, try to make sure you first of all enjoy it and also that is something that will be complimentary to your group set up.

Best of luck with your new guild 8)

If you already have a discpriest, going discipline is pretty pointless. They simply don't stack well.

But the upside of disc is that you can heal pretty well with it in your shadow gear - apart from the hit, disc and shadow very much want similar stats. Our guild discpriest basically straps on a +hit trinket and goes DPS in his healing gear when he want to do some damage. The same principle holds the other way around.

Holy on the other hand stacks well, but the downside is that you really need a new set of gear. Holy is an extremely mana-inefficient specc, and ICC requires you to chain-cast heals that you simply cannot afford in your shadow gear. I personally think that holy is the most fun specc in the game though, and this is probably the major reason most holypriests stick to it despite being relatively underpowered to other healing classes.

Either way - try them both and see which one you like.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

why no PI in your disc spec ? why imp renew and divine fury ? get PI, dump imp renew and div fury and go for spell warding 3/5 and get desp prayer

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Landfall
    Its entirley your chouce.. what do you prefer playing?
    Disc or Holy?
    Well its easier to swich shadow gear to dsic because is shares many of the stats whereas holy would require a whole new set of gear.
    Wrong? completely wrong.

Blue sockets with more than 4PP socket bonus should recieve a sp/spirit gem in shadow. And, as harky once said, Armour Penetration and 2h axe skill come before spirit for Disc.

Holy and Shadow share the same gear =] sp, spirit, haste.

Most fights which require an extra healer are AoE damage fights, so a holy priest would be more beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by rekinash
    why no PI in your disc spec ? why imp renew and divine fury ? get PI, dump imp renew and div fury and go for spell warding 3/5 and get desp prayer
    Anal jokes will never get old.

make your off spec disc if your main spec is shadow, why? simple, you don't need as much regen as holy so you can use your shadow gear to heal in, at least some pieces.

like the above poster stated you are gimping you or others in your raid by not picking up power infusion and also renew is merely useless as a disc priest, and if you're going to put points in divine fury go 5/5.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Wrong? completely wrong.

Blue sockets with more than 4PP socket bonus should recieve a sp/spirit gem in shadow. And, as harky once said, Armour Penetration and 2h axe skill come before spirit for Disc.

Holy and Shadow share the same gear =] sp, spirit, haste.

Most fights which require an extra healer are AoE damage fights, so a holy priest would be more beneficial.
    ^ thats the advice you want to follow

Also someone else mentioned, Disc doesn't stack well, holy can.
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

If you are going for an offspec for your 10 men raids then I would suggest you to look at what other healers / tanks will be around.
    If you have low numbers of holy paladins then a disc will be nice, if you are lacking raidhealers then a holy priest is the thing but mostly to remember is that what you like best is the way to go.
    Ps. a Disc priest will have a very nice -3% damagereduction in his spec (protadin too) so that could be a good reason to go there, holy has a better Oh shit with his Guardian Spirit.

1. Do you have a disc priest in your 10man? If you do go to 2, if you don't go to 3.
    2. Go Holy
    3. Go Disc

Disc is i daresay a much better healer in a 10man than a holy priest is due to being able to pad the raid in PW:S.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    1. Do you have a disc priest in your 10man? If you do go to 2, if you don't go to 3.
    2. Go Holy
    3. Go Disc

Disc is i daresay a much better healer in a 10man than a holy priest is due to being able to pad the raid in PW:S.
    Which, if you'd have read the thread Weena, is less about padding and more about effective group synergy. Holy's output shines on more fights than a shield that makes you look great on meters and other healers look terrible.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Which, if you'd have read the thread Weena, is less about padding and more about effective group synergy. Holy's output shines on more fights than a shield that makes you look great on meters and other healers look terrible.
    Meters mean something to healers? lol.

If you look at PW:S and think that, I feel bad for you. Preventing damage > healing it back up. It leaves more margin for error, it's an instant ~9k+ heal, and it makes encounters easier to heal. Especially in 10 man. When I heal I'm not concerned about my ego or the other healers' egos; I'm concerned about making the encounter go as smoothly as possible with no deaths.

Also if you're in a 10 man setting as Disc and your other healers don't have PW:S set to show up on their healing mod: they should. They'll do a lot less overhealing that way and will add to their mana conservation / spot healing / raid synergy.