Fire Mage as of 3.3

First of all, if you're not in the mood for answering questions, or if you're one of the typical readers that respond with "Go figure that out yourself!" to every question, reading this thread would only waste your time - turn back now

So, lately I've reduced the amount of time I play WoW, and I closely begin to consider myself a casual player. For this reason, I'd like to experiment with new playingstyles, so I've decided to change from Arcane, which I've played since the early morning, to fire. I know fire became a more viable spec as of the newest patch, I never took myself the time to try it out though. Being a casual player, I'd still like to optimize my DPS though, and considering I've raided for a good amount of time, my gear is pretty much up to date.

Here is how I thought I'd do it:

Rotation:
    1. Scorch whenever the debuff is not up on your target
    2. Living bomb if it's not up
    3. Fireball spam
    4. Pyroblast when Hot & Streak procs

Glyphs:
    Glyph of Improved Scorch
    Glyph of Living Bomb
    Glyph of Molten Armor

Spec:
    (18/51/00)
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent=#of0Vc...RhIhVubhct:LVi

Itemization:
    1. ~342 Hit Rating
    2. Spell Power
    3. Crit
    4. Haste

Would obviously look at balancing both crit and haste, so haste aint falling too much behind. Still, I'd assume that Crit is the more important factor, as fire mage.

So a few questions that I was wondering while thinking of swapping to the fire spec:

1. Would Glyph of Fireball be a better pick than Glyph of Scorch? The 0,15 reduced casting time seems quite good, but on the other hand, imo it doesnt seem to make up for the fact that you'd lose the DoT.

2. Are Frostfire bolt a complete waste, using in any way, in this spec? Should it really be pure fireball spam, and pyro on Hot Streak proc?

3. I've used Nibelung as Arcane, but for a long time, I wanted to get a 1handed + offhand instead, considering the lack of haste/crit on Nibelung. But since fire provide a DoT (Living Bomb), I assume Nibelung would be more viable as fire, than arcane? Would it be worth staying with Nibelung?

And finally:

4. When would be the best time to actually use Combustion? Everytime it's off cooldown, or save it for anything special? (BL for example).

If you consider my thread and the questions retarded, there's no reason replying, but I'm sure you know that

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fire Mage as of 3.3

1. Crit isn't more important then Haste. Haste is slightly more valuable, but you still want a good amount of crit. Fire mages in high end guilds are raiding with between 900-1100 haste as fire/ttw. A lot of former Arcane mages are simply swapping Plague Scientist boots for Deathfrost, their bracers for Lady's brittle and their neck for Silent Amulet. This is assuming they are rocking Rigamortis and have other BIS non HM gear.

2. You want Fireball, Living bomb and Molton Armour glyphs

3. The jist of the rotation is; You keep scorch and Living bomb on your target. Spam fireball when they are both up and cast Pyro when hotstreak procs.

4. Dont use Frostfire bolts.

5. Get Rigamortis + Spider silk spindle or the offhand with hit (name escapes me).

6. I use Combustion every time it's off cool-down.

Fireball glyph is better than scorch glyph, yes.

15+ Year Old Account

Your hit rating is a little incomplete:

342 hit for an alliance mage with the draenei buff and Misery/Imp FF
    368 for a mage with Misery/Imp FF in the group
    420 for a mage with no Misery/Imp FF but with the draenei buff in group
    446 for a mage with neither of those two buffs.

Also, scorch is not needed if there is a lock putting up ISB (generall Demo and Afflic locks will).

Right, thanks for your responses.. I'll change the glyph/haste part.

Currently I'm in a 10man guild, so I don't really have access to Righormortis atm, but guess I could go for the dagger fra marrowgar25 while pugging

May I recommend this spec if you're going for heroics?
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#of0icz0cZ0EcoRhIhVubhct
    The extra 80 resistance to all schools and 2% mana on full resists is quite helpful for your healers and if you do get a full resist it will take longer for you to need evocation and thus having to lose some DPS time.
    Also, student of the mind is horrible for the amount of spirit you will have.

Well, calling myself a casual didn't mean I was going for heroics, I'm still sitting on ~5600 GS (just to give you a picture)

Will check out the spec tho, thx