Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue redirect...was anyone else hoping we'd get something similar?

Now I know a lot of us want to have more unique abilites to seperate us from rogues, but when I saw rogues get this my mouth waterred. I was hoping we'd have something like this for feral cats, mainly for PvP purposes. It actually makes more since for us to have it anyhow, considering it takes a few seconds to get our bleeds up on someone to maximize damage. Rogues don't suffer from this quite as much due to their ability to "stunlock".

I'd much rather have a redirect than a group dash buff, especially considering no other class has anything similar (aspect of the pack doesn't count due to the fact damage nullifies it). The reason this would concern me you might ask? Blizz has stated/proven they aren't for giving abilities to classes that would essentially min/max others out of raid spots potentially (I clearly switched the subject over to PvE now if you didn't notice). I couldn't imagine them creating enough situations where our new Roar would really be worthwhile beings we're the only class that has it. On the other hand a redirect isn't nearly as situational with the exception being raid boss fights that involve little to no switching/moving. In my opinion, we don't have a problem competing for high dps in these fights anyhow. These are just my thoughts that I wanted to point out being to my surprise no one else had commented on the new rogue Redirect.

Deleted

Re: Rogue redirect...was anyone else hoping we'd get something similar?

*Wall of text hits eye for over 9000*
    *brain explodes*

jokes aside, I belive blizz wanted Druids and rogues be different in pvp.

I couldn't imagine them creating enough situations where our new Roar would really be worthwhile beings we're the only class that has it.
    people still tend to fail at deep breath (onyxia). The +40% run speed could help

edit: oh, and welcome to the forums noticed your post count

Thank you. I'm returning to the game after an extensive break due to my first born child. As for the wall of text, lol sorry.

As for your comment on Blizz wanting us to be different in PvP, combo points aren't going away to my knowledge. With that said, the mechanics of gaining/using/losing them are still the same between rogues and cats. Just as much as they harped that losing combo points between target switches is a problem for rogues, its more of a problem for us.

The redirect mechanic they described for rogues sounds unbelievably clunky. I'm hoping they realize this and just put combo points on the rogue/druid instead of the target. At that point, nearly all of our target switching problems are solved.

Deleted

The only thing I'm jalous about is "slice and dice don't longer need a target".

Mostly in phase shifts I would love to refresh SR after the target is dead just before next phase begins.

[list]
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    The only thing I'm jalous about is "slice and dice don't longer need a target".

Mostly in phase shifts I would love to refresh SR after the target is dead just before next phase begins.
    This would be nice as well.

I'm interested in what they intend on giving us that's going to make us more of an option for arena. Outside of your outstanding players, its difficult to find a partner thats equally good when its more worthwhile for them take a different class. The following statement has left me wondering about this:

[quote=Boubouille ]
    Cataclysm Class Preview: Druid (Druid Forum)
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24262387043/cataclysm-class-preview-druid/"]
    • We plan on giving Feral cats and bears a Kick/Pummel equivalent -- an interrupt that is off the global cooldown and does no damage. We feel like they need this utility to be able to fill the melee role in a dungeon or raid group, and to give them more PvP utility.
    • We want to make sure Feral and Balance druids feel like good options for an Arena team. They need the tools to where you might consider a Feral druid over an Arms warrior, or a Balance druid over a mage or warlock. Remember that the PvP landscape will probably look pretty different for Cataclysm with a focus on rated, competitive Battlegrounds.

On the other hand a redirect isn't nearly as situational with the exception being raid boss fights that involve little to no switching/moving.
    a LOT of fight needs switching as a matter of fact

Quote Originally Posted by Veraan
    The redirect mechanic they described for rogues sounds unbelievably clunky. I'm hoping they realize this and just put combo points on the rogue/druid instead of the target. At that point, nearly all of our target switching problems are solved.
    THIS a million time

edit: THIS a billion time

Quote Originally Posted by Veraan
    And it would probably make combo points a bit less confusing for newcomers. I remember when I started leveling my rogue it took me a rather long time to realize combo points were on the enemy, not the rogue, meaning they wouldn't carry over. I also remember thinking "That's really freakin' stupid..."
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

a preview is a preview
    preview = sneak peak

does a sneak peak of a movie give everything away? nope, just wait until they release more. blizzard themselves said this isn't all we're getting and stuff could change, be added or just disappear. not towards you, but the amount of QQ threads by people that think these are the ONLY FINAL changes is silly.

GC said we'll probably get this move btw

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    does a sneak peak of a movie give everything away? nope, just wait until they release more. blizzard themselves said this isn't all we're getting and stuff could change, be added or just disappear. not towards you, but the amount of QQ threads by people that think these are the ONLY FINAL changes is silly.
    no one QQ we just discuss over a few things with the likes and the dislikes

GC said we'll probably get this move btw
    source plox

Quote Originally Posted by Ken46
    source plox
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...pageNo=91#1814

i think it was mentioned somewhere else too, but i can't find it atm

I apologize if it comes off as me QQing. I definitely don't want it to seem that way for I am incredibly greatful they didn't tamper with our functionality. We're still the same style or flavor if you will, with added buffs. I really can't say anything they mentioned has a negative effect on our class at all. I'm just throwing the idea out there so that maybe Blizzard sees it and considers it if they hadn't already.

i agree with your post as it's a discussion (not to many around these days lol), but I did say it's not towards you. it was honestly towards a few people that responded and hopefully people that will read this before making some new topic about a preview. my apologizes as well as i was just frustrated with the amount of people that are making dumb comments about things when they have no clue

First off - grats on the baby.

Second, I agree with your post. I don't play kitty on a regular basis in raids or anything, but I have played it in heroics several times and get a bit annoyed with having to start things over because the mob would die too fast.

Because of this, I was excited to read the Rogue redirect ability and was also hoping for kitties to get that as well. Sigh.

15+ Year Old Account

well the group dash might turn out quite effective as a lot (basicly all) PvE fights are about movment

and since u cant use aspect of the cheater becase of the stun and since DK's dont got thier movement aura nomore.

our raid leaders probely ask us to drop 1000 dps to keep the raor up lol

tbh what i was hoping for was a tricks of trade like ability as we still got verry high burst dmg ;D

however if u read carefully it does state that using SR on a death mob might be a posable chance they want to implement
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    our raid leaders probely ask us to drop 1000 dps to keep the raor up lol
    3 minute cooldown...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Charo
    3 minute cooldown...
    ah oke i missed that lol
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

As rogue I must say this almost feels like 1 step away from having CPs on yourself :< fight against the system and demand selfcasted CPs my kitty-looking brothers

IIRC redirect was planned on 1 min CD ? WTF BS IS THAT ?! Every rogue at the EU forums are against this ability and want selfcasted CPs :P Like Witch Hunters in WAR, amazing and working mechanism...

Na im looking for rogues to be more of a situational change like the smoke bomb its nice, what effect does it have in pve? I know lets have it as a leaving combat when u enter? Multilate rogues can benefit hugely from that form more energy regen combat rogues would get another opener and stub ofc stub will love the SS ambush crits while saving vanish.

like alot said previews are previews some new skills (above) have no mention of pve use yet.

At least ferals will likely also be able to use CPs they have left on a dead target aswell, which already limits the potential loss.

Selfcasted CP's sound a bit like giving up the unique factor of rogues and becoming more like Deathknights with a reversed resource-management. They don't want to completely eliminate possible drawbacks like these, just punish rogues a bit less in fights where they (somewhat) frequently have to change targets.