How much arpen to get? (Yes, I checked RAWR)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...has&cn=Xenofei

I just picked up DBW tonight, replaced NES.

I need 511 arpen to hit 1400. If I regem, and get the badge cape I will need 159 to cap. However, switching out any other piece to attempt this will knock me far under the hit cap. (Currently at 8.4 hit, 23 exp).

I tried using rawr to figure out how much hit i could lose and not suffer a major dps loss, but the numbers weren't telling me the whole story. Hoping to speak with a druid who may have made a switch from my current config.

With the NES equipped tonight I pulled just under 11k on Saurfang 25, so obviously looking to go up from that by switching towards armor hard pen cap.

Thank you for your time/advice,
    Xeno

Re: How much arpen to get? (Yes, I checked RAWR)

On paper hit is not an important stat. What rawr is telling you is correct. If you prefer to be at hitcap then stay at hitcap. You don't have to get 1400 armor pen for it to be worth gemming.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=silvermoon&cn=adobi

Changing your wrists to the ones that drop also from Saurfang, will help out a bit in the armor pen department too. May also want to consider changing your 10-man Saurfang ring to the exalted rep ring for more hit, and dropping say your necklace or your belt for something else.
    I recently changed from using the Mjolnir Runstone (I always preferred it to NES) to DBW and full armor pen. I can't tell you how much my dps went up, because I couldn't do any reasonable testing with it other than one more week of normal raiding on bosses, of which I continued to get some upgrades, all contributing to increased dps. I would GUESSTIMATE that you would see MAYBE a 1k increase if all other things stayed equal. But get some other upgrades in there besides the gems, and I can guarantee you'd see at least a 1k increase.

Deleted

Getting to the arpen cap is more important than getting to the hit cap, HOWEVER that is only true if you CAN actually get to it. So if you can get to 1400, do it. If you can't, keep your hit gems until you can.

hi

as i have seen and im currently also doing it im at around 220 - 230 hit and i must say it doesnt change much,you will miss once every now and then but the number is so small that you dont need to worry.I have seen more druids do that that they are at around that hit mark but as you im not at the arp hard cap atm,once i get there i will change my hit if needed