Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Death Knight - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

Still DK's are OP. On youtube you see DK's soloing Magtheridon, Gruuls and many wotlk hc's, i don't see any other class doing that.....

Quote Originally Posted by hasslemoff
    Unholy and Frost are shit dps tree's

Blood > frost/unholy

so why are most top dks frost..?
    ggg

Quote Originally Posted by Darthag
    well the new changes are more pvp oriented and im trying to figure out how can we use necrotic strike and dark simulacrum in pve. i guess that with the new rune system we might use necrotic strike in our rotation maybe it will use runic power instead of runes and will become more appealing than death coil as a runic power dump.only time will know! lets see.

and dark simulacrum in pve its too much for me, it beats me!
    You know the liches in Blood Quarter. Lich Slap can be spell reflected for hillarious effect. No imagine Dark Simulacrum...

There's actually quite a few areas where it could be useful, and unlike Spell Reflect it doesn't make you immune which could loosen them up on the spells it allows to be mimicked. There's actually a LOT you can do with that ability if you just get creative (as a programmer) far beyond simply reflecting Polymorphs. It is very possible to write the spell so that a creature's BUFF cast is also simulated, i.e. a hybrid between Spell Reflect and Spell Steal, or even heals and on-foot-AOEs - provided of course they are within the ranges of what a player might be expected to cast, we can't have a DK simulate Archimonde's AOE death ray...

Quote Originally Posted by Silentshank

so why are most top dks frost..?
    I recon' they see the value of Improved Frost Presence a bit too high. Blood gives superior Stamina and cooldowns, especially with Will of the Necropolis.

All i hear while going through these posts, is:
    Blood is the best dps spec!
    No way, Frost is!
    I SAID THAT BLOOD IS THE BEST, AND I'M RIGHT!!1
    /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by galten1234 View Post
    i have thinking of a new hero class the dragon drake it would be a dragon that would be in horde and have attack like 90% damage and 10% frostbolt and maybe a pet thaat is a serpent? i think it would be very good and it could also have ability called fire and do 30% fire damage !! it will be aswsome plz blizz do this class!

Quote Originally Posted by quiz
    Still DK's are OP. On youtube you see DK's soloing Magtheridon, Gruuls and many wotlk hc's, i don't see any other class doing that.....
    Soloing trivial content? How is that in any shape or form overpowered? They have plenty of self heal if you face targets that hardly do damage to you, but when you face proper content then those self-heals aren't very reliable in actual damage mitigation.

im sure i must have missed it somewhere, or if anyone mentioned it or not, but what happens to Hysteria, if one of the other trees get it...idk what id do, id probably do dance maybe, yeah that sounds appropriate.

This is something that had to be done. One spec had to become the tanking spec and the rest be free of the tanking talents. It messed up the class in PVP mostly. Hope they pull it off.

Kinda upset about frost . While they say they will add a 2h variant of it, out of previous experiences with dev quotes, I believe it won't be any better than the current version where you can use a 2h as frost but get crippled by it. Fuck...

Wonder how the new "MS" will work too.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm.jpg
    Clueless.
    +1

I hate it when people pay so little attention to what's going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë
    Lets see.... When I respecced into Blood, I did max 3.5k Dps in raids... 5k Dps as Unholy and 5.5k Dps as Frost (DW)... I LUV FROSTY!

Else I tank in Blood... Works perfectly! The only thing that Blizz could improve, would be the AoE threat.

well, lets see, as frost starting out dps i got around 4.5-5k dps, now with blood i get about 9k dps. for blood its all about the armor pen

and here is my link instead of just saying what i can do
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Beli%C3%A2l

I never knew that other specs than Blood could do around 14k AoE DPS (every time in 10 oder 25 ICC trash mobs) and doin' around 11-12k DPS on Lich King. Even Palatanks have troubles holding aggro against me.

I know that Blood could do a VERY HUGE AMOUNT of AoE DMG if you do it right!! You will be above of all Mages, Hunters, Warlocks....

And about the AoE Tanking! It's the same in Blood. I could do a lot of AoE TPS and no Mage, Hunter oder Warlock could go and grab tham away by doin' DPS.

10-15k AoE TPS is normal as Blood Tank if right played. Single Target around 12-20k TPS.

And if you want to know, i play with no rotation, mostly Face-Roll and using the skill who's free.

I always offer my raid to go for tank, but Raidleaders always says: "We need your DMG"..... was always DK Blood Tank till ICC unleashed. Being Blood DPS now.

so long, greetz

-HELBA- Bloodelf, Blood DK ;-)

aaah , love the changes.

Frost FTW, burst dmg, procs etc etc

but MAKING blood into a tanking tree was alittle dumb, i know alot of DK's out there who love speccing blood as dps, because its so easily handled and gives a good amount of dmg. Unholy/Frost is alittle more AOE-prior specc, and do more disease dmg then single target dmg. me personaly love Frost specc, but for the more single target spanking, blood was my favorite.. obviosly not after cata :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_01
    10-15k AoE TPS is normal as Blood Tank if right played. Single Target around 12-20k TPS.
    Tricks and Misdirect are beautiful things.

And ignorance is bliss.

what about ret pallies with actual heals... or druids... plenty of other classes can solo old content, whats the big deal? We're level 80 now, soon to be 85, we(every class) will be OP in old content.. its just how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

Blood is so damn boring. They better give it some procs and crap or I'll probably end up shelfing my DK tank come Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë
    Lets see.... When I respecced into Blood, I did max 3.5k Dps in raids... 5k Dps as Unholy and 5.5k Dps as Frost (DW)... I LUV FROSTY!

Else I tank in Blood... Works perfectly! The only thing that Blizz could improve, would be the AoE threat.
    Everyone can say that. On a dummy as blood I did 4.5k DPS (Weapon was Ramaladni's Blade of Culling) Then tried I tried frost with DW 2x Nighttime. I had 3k DPS. In unholy with Ramaladni's Blade of Culling I did 3.5k.
    Then I changed to blood again and began to stack Armp. Then I did 5k DPS.
    On Saurfang 25 as Blood I did 8k DPS. As unholy i barely did 5k.
    Might be because I dont know rotations or dont want to do high DPS because it isnt your favourite spec. Might be the same with you. Its of course importiant with right spec and glyphs.

I dont know about you but blood GCD slow and if i wanted to roll a tanking class with something like Will of the Necropolis i play my pally or get tanking gear for my war. I tank as Dk unholy/blood. I been doing 10/25 m ICC and othere raids and no1 complaned about how hard it is to heal me.I get its boring to heal you take some damage.

Blood was the best DPS spec for several months (around Ulduar release). Jones pioneered blood DPS (stacking ARP) both in PvP and in PvE (on his DK Senoj). I broke the #1 record Sarth 10m zerg specced blood (I couldn't do it UH -- and would only go UH if we had a magic-heavy group). Also was in the top-5 XT DPS parses (again, as blood). Before it got nerfed, blood was insane (not talking about the diseaseless blood nerf).

I don't play anymore, but it really sucks that they are going back on their homogenizing of roles; if you remember, it was like a HUGE thing when WOTLK came out: "Omg, we're making a class (the DK) that has dps/pvp/tanking in all trees, it's the future of MMO class distribution!!" Yeah, apparently not. They should have really worked it in, because being able to do all three with all trees made gameplay extremely fun and interesting. Just going back to the age-old tank, dual wield (pve), 2h (pvp) tree structure is really lame.

I really don't see how solo'ing old content, and content you outgear by 4 tiers has anything at all to do with being OP. It's something to do with the class mechanics. As stated many times before, i pala can do the same. DKs can do it because we have our self-healing, and when we outgear content by 3-4 tiers (and an entire expansion in some of the cases you said) we don't really take much damage, and it can be neglated by our self-heal.

If you however linked charts showing DKs topping meters in every single fight (and beating the other classes by a huge margin, not just 10 or 100 dps) and DKs having a huge representation in the top 100 for the 3v3 and 5v5 brackets (i don't count 2v2 bracket, cuz it doesn't qualify you for shoulders and titles anymore.), then i would say DKs are OP.

The days of 3.0 and 3.1 are over. Face it. DKs have been balanced now. Those who QQ about "ZMOG DKS ARE OWERPAWERD!" are those who will QQ nomatter which class outperforms them, without thinking that the person beating them might have slightly better gear and alot more skills.

First of all, making a dedicated tanking tree is a good move and a move that they had to do anyway with the introduction of masteries. Instead of struggling to balance all 3 trees for tanking and dps, they can start to make one solid tree instead of 3 half-assed trees. Also makes more "space" for more flexible and interesting tanking/dps/pvp talents in the trees.

As for dps, blood had the weirdest rotation with so many single-rune attacks (GCD starvation) and for me the least interesting. For me the most interesting to play is frost, then unholy, then blood.

There were only short periods when blood was top dps, and those days are long gone. Unholy has been the best for a long time, but 3.3.3 gave a big boost to frost, so it is about equal now. Before that it was unholy > blood > frost, now it is unholy = frost > blood. Check the dps rankings on worldoflogs on heroic tank'n'spank bosses like Saurfang or Festergut.

And as for the "OPness" of DKs: it is total BS. Yeap, epeen-hunter DKs release "Sartharion soloed" videos, and clueless DK whiners double their efforts. Yep, DKs have more self-heals than other tanks, making them able to solo some bosses when they overgear the encounter by 3-4 tiers. This self-heal ability is a decent one for actually challenging content, but by no means OP. Actually of the 4 tank classes currently DKs are considered the worst for a long time.

DKs were OP in 3.0, even somewhat after 3.1, but the constant stream of nerfs kept hitting them even after the OPness was gone (thank to the persistent clueless DK whining). Now DKs are considered the worst tanks, have the lowest single target dps of the plate dps classes and (seeing the current PvP buffs) they are the least popular plate wearers for arenas. And whines still continue. Yay.