Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Well that's the thing, they want us to be nature. Not fire or frost. Survival has like 4 different abilities in their rotation that use a different damage type, which is why they need elemental.

    Although i do think they should change it for the better. I like the extra WF proc, or better yet, give our imbues an increased % chance to proc. For flametongue, perhaps increase its damage per attack a bit?
    OK, so despite having spell damage from three schools, Blizzard will pigeon-hole us into only having nature damage as a viable source of DPS? Thats just insane. It takes away from our uniqueness. It also means we are in even more trouble if an enhancement shaman gets locked out of the nature school. Your argument is the reason why we should have elemental damage.

    Everything that scales off of spell power not in the nature school will suffer immensely unless the base damage of these abilities are increased. However, that will not happen because it would throw our elemental trees DPS off, making them OP. Now Im not saying Blizzard cannot come up with a way to balance it. I am saying they have not mentioned a way to do this yet which is concerning. It wouldnt be the first time Blizzard has crippled a class with the release of an expansion.
    Definition of useless -

    Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

  2. #22

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    OK, so despite having spell damage from three schools, Blizzard will pigeon-hole us into only having nature damage as a viable source of DPS? Thats just insane. It takes away from our uniqueness. It also means we are in even more trouble if an enhancement shaman gets locked out of the nature school. Your argument is the reason why we should have elemental damage.

    Everything that scales off of spell power not in the nature school will suffer immensely unless the base damage of these abilities are increased. However, that will not happen because it would throw our elemental trees DPS off, making them OP. Now Im not saying Blizzard cannot come up with a way to balance it. I am saying they have not mentioned a way to do this yet which is concerning. It wouldnt be the first time Blizzard has crippled a class with the release of an expansion.
    Well, we were initially mostly nature. And enhancement has been kept that way. And yes blizzard will 'pigeonhole' enhancement into nature. Elemental will still stay the master of elements.

    Also please dont discard my comment on how i feel about this mastery. I don't like it as much as you do, but unlike most people, I can see from other perspectives.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

  3. #23

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    If they don't add that sentry totem shrine taking a screen shot of Uther... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I be tellin' ya mon, ya don' wanna know. Ya might be thinkin' ya wanna know, but ya be better off not knowin'.

  4. #24

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    OK, so despite having spell damage from three schools, Blizzard will pigeon-hole us into only having nature damage as a viable source of DPS? Thats just insane. It takes away from our uniqueness. It also means we are in even more trouble if an enhancement shaman gets locked out of the nature school. Your argument is the reason why we should have elemental damage.

    Everything that scales off of spell power not in the nature school will suffer immensely unless the base damage of these abilities are increased. However, that will not happen because it would throw our elemental trees DPS off, making them OP. Now Im not saying Blizzard cannot come up with a way to balance it. I am saying they have not mentioned a way to do this yet which is concerning. It wouldnt be the first time Blizzard has crippled a class with the release of an expansion.
    it means that survival should get pigeon holed, not enh should get elemental damage...i don't normally agree with GC because he's retarded when it comes to Shamans but if the idea of mastery is to add an element that may want us to change our rotation than focusing into something like Nature Damage would do that. Giving us a flat Elemental Damage buff would be the same thing as just saying "you do more damage." Now im not sure what survival's rotation is like but if they do alot of non-elemental damage (not counting auto shot) then they will basically be making a similar compromise, if they don't do alot of non-elemental damage then we're just getting shafted because Blizzard doesn't know what to do with us which is nothing new just something that getting old...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

  5. #25

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD
    it means that survival should get pigeon holed, not enh should get elemental damage...i don't normally agree with GC because he's retarded when it comes to Shamans but if the idea of mastery is to add an element that may want us to change our rotation than focusing into something like Nature Damage would do that. Giving us a flat Elemental Damage buff would be the same thing as just saying "you do more damage." Now im not sure what survival's rotation is like but if they do alot of non-elemental damage (not counting auto shot) then they will basically be making a similar compromise, if they don't do alot of non-elemental damage then we're just getting shafted because Blizzard doesn't know what to do with us which is nothing new just something that getting old...
    most of their rotation is random elemental damage. Shadow, fire, and nature
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

  6. #26

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Just because they're taking away mental quickness doesn't mean they aren't gonna add something eels. I think they're just taking the time to make it into something more interesting. because there wont be any buffs people are bringing to mastery, without something giving us spellpower, there would be virtually nothing scaling your nature dmg up. you can say more mastery from higher tier gear, but that doesn't change the fact that, with nothing else to go on but this announcement, there's nothing to make your nature dmg your doing "dynamic", which is what i think they're gonna add with an interesting talent. Maybe you'll have to DO something now to get that coefficient, but i think it will be there.

  7. #27

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    The unleash weapon sounds very nice

  8. #28

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Well, we were initially mostly nature. And enhancement has been kept that way. And yes blizzard will 'pigeonhole' enhancement into nature. Elemental will still stay the master of elements.

    Also please dont discard my comment on how i feel about this mastery. I don't like it as much as you do, but unlike most people, I can see from other perspectives.
    Really, is that the case? Because if I look at my latest log from Deathbringer Saurfang I see 19.9% Nature Damage (Lightning Bolt, Lightning Shield, Earth Shock, Chain Lightning) vs. 22.3% Fire Damage (Flametongue, Flame Shock, Fire Nova, Lava Lash), even while excluding my fire totems. And now they even want to add Lava Burst to Maelstrom Weapon. It makes no sense at all.

    For Enhancements Shamans the preview was underwhelming at best. They didn't address any of our real problems and also didn't tell us what they will do with our spec, when they remove all the Int from our gear, while the changes to the resource systems of most other classes were included.

    What I see, is the removal of our last special raid benefits (Enhancing Totems, Cleansing Totem, Bloodlust) without any compensation, while not fixing any of our real problems.

  9. #29

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    i guess we'll have to wait and see if any of this changes before cataclysm goes live. i am hoping that they are keeping a lot of the goodies saved until it's tested and works, before they release a real preview.

    i don't know about many of you other enhance shamans, but i may finally switch to an alt as my main.

    it just sucks constantly getting pooped on by game changes. these changes are lackluster to say the least.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Detramental

  10. #30

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by myk
    is it just me. or does it look like blizz has put little to no effort into fixxing the major problems with enhance shaman.
    Is it just me, or does this look like a preview?
    Meh

  11. #31

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    jup. it´s all about waiting and hoping at the moment.

    all we currently know is that blizzard intends to heavily rework our class but not how exactly they intend to do it.
    -gear itemisation changes, we need some new mechanics to keep our now much lower mana pool up.
    they´ve said that they think of giving us an ret-like talent, but as off yet, we dont know.

    -the intention of removing mental quickness will really hurt us and as of now, the mastery will completely screw up our priority list.

    -they said they intend to free up our rotation, while also talkin about cramping them up with even more abilites at the same time ;D kinda contraditory if you ask me. well, they seem to consider increasing lava lashes cooldown in order to squeeze in unleash weapon and lavaburst ( possibly even more ). wether or not lava lash will get a dmg buff through that higher cooldown ( moar burst plz ) or not, remains uknown currently.

    -we´ll have more hp than we have now, because intellect on mailgear will flow into agility and stamina.
    i doubt however that i´d be more than 2k more in pvp gear ( and even less in pve gear ). as they´ve not said anything about better survivability and mobility, we´re left in the dark about that at the moment as well.

    blizzard promised us to make pve totems into spells and pvp totems more interesting to use. i hope they keep it.

    the totem overhaul is the thing i hope for the most currently. while they are the shaman trademark ability, they set us apart from the other classes to much, and are more of a flaw than of a help.

    and i think elemental, rather than letting them focus on the very few spells they have, should get more to use i´d say.
    spiritwalkers + unleash weapon + lavaburst overload sound like a combination unbalancing elemental even more in pvp. especially since we havent seen any concept for new pvp utility talents up till now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

  12. #32

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    I just really really really really wanna know why they gave Mages Bloodlust/Heroisim >

  13. #33

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by Anguskahn
    I just really really really really wanna know why they gave Mages Bloodlust/Heroisim >
    because the amount of bad shamans around getting gear just because they are used for a heroism is staggering.

    It just means shamans will now have to actually be good to get raid spots, which in my opinion is better, it means most shamans i'll talk to in Cata who raid will actually know how to play so we can discuss ideas, instead of last week when a random raiding shaman (who has ICC gear which is the most depressing part) tells me I'm geared wrong because im using a slow off hand. (some people really need to read up on forums, that hasnt been right since 3.1 onwards)
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

  14. #34

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by SentinelBorg
    Really, is that the case? Because if I look at my latest log from Deathbringer Saurfang I see 19.9% Nature Damage (Lightning Bolt, Lightning Shield, Earth Shock, Chain Lightning) vs. 22.3% Fire Damage (Flametongue, Flame Shock, Fire Nova, Lava Lash), even while excluding my fire totems. And now they even want to add Lava Burst to Maelstrom Weapon. It makes no sense at all.

    For Enhancements Shamans the preview was underwhelming at best. They didn't address any of our real problems and also didn't tell us what they will do with our spec, when they remove all the Int from our gear, while the changes to the resource systems of most other classes were included.

    What I see, is the removal of our last special raid benefits (Enhancing Totems, Cleansing Totem, Bloodlust) without any compensation, while not fixing any of our real problems.
    Lava lash is actually physical damage, despite what the name claims.
    You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 100% off-hand Weapon damage. Damage is increased by 25% if your off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue.
    But yeah, we are mostly nature. Think of our rotation through the years, started off as nature. Not even until patch 3.3 were we using Fire Nova, and i believe that using flame shock before decently ToC geared was a dps loss compared to another Earth Shock. Correct me if i'm wrong, I very well could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral Cjeska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavaria / Germany
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Guyz, please!

    If you do 20% of your damage as nature and another 20% as fire, it will not make a difference if the mastery adds 5% elemental damage or 10% Nature damage. You have a brain (I hope) use it!

  16. #36

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    because the amount of bad shamans around getting gear just because they are used for a heroism is staggering.

    It just means shamans will now have to actually be good to get raid spots, which in my opinion is better, it means most shamans i'll talk to in Cata who raid will actually know how to play so we can discuss ideas, instead of last week when a random raiding shaman (who has ICC gear which is the most depressing part) tells me I'm geared wrong because im using a slow off hand. (some people really need to read up on forums, that hasnt been right since 3.1 onwards)
    If that were all it was doing, yes. Right now, even the best dps shaman is going to get left out for a bad mage.

  17. #37

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    I really don't like how people are acting like bad shamans are everywhere and good ones few and far between. On Illidan its not hard to find a good shaman either ele resto or enh and never has been. If you suck people will take notice and simply replace you. Chances are if you're running with a bad shaman just for BL then you are probably a group of baddies anyway not clearing progression content. Its such a shame that you had to bring that bad shaman just so you could get through your weekly 4/12 QQ. Blizzard already said they balance normal 10ms around not having Bloodlust and normal 25ms are possible without using it either, i know because sometimes the RL wants to save it for a later boss cause we're clearing through them so quickly. We've been sated and still had time to spare on Festergut.

    As things are now shamans bring one unique thing to the raid in a very inconvenient package both DPS wise and totem mechanic wise. So If you had to choose between an Ele Shaman and a mage of equal gear and skill with the things the way they are now you would always choose the mage and the mage will always, even in Cata, do more damage thanks to the Hybrid Tax. All other Shaman buffs can currently be replaced with buffs that have a longer range and classes that do more DPS. Blizzard is saying bring the player not the class but so far this preview hasn't given any reason to bring a shaman to arenas, or BGs, or raids...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

  18. #38

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Lava lash is actually physical damage, despite what the name claims.
    /facepalm
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=60103
    details

    Duration n/a
    School Fire
    Mechanic n/a
    Dispel type n/a
    Cost 4% of base mana
    Range 5 yards (Combat)
    Cast time Instant
    Cooldown n/a
    Effect #1 Weapon % Dmg
    Value: 100
    Effect #2 Dummy
    Value: 25
    Server-side script
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

  19. #39
    Bloodsail Admiral Cjeska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavaria / Germany
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Lava_Lash

    Type Offensive
    School Physical
    Cooldown 6 seconds

    Where is your god now?

  20. #40

    Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Lava_Lash

    Type Offensive
    School Physical
    Cooldown 6 seconds

    Where is your god now?
    Yeh... it still does fire damage, not physical.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •