Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Shaman - Cataclysm Preview Compilation

Quote Originally Posted by Pearroc
    Yeh... it still does fire damage, not physical.
    It does, I was only trying to point out that linking a website as proof is useless if another website says the exact opposite. Maybe someone can edit it on wowwiki now

Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    because the amount of bad shamans around getting gear just because they are used for a heroism is staggering.

It just means shamans will now have to actually be good to get raid spots, which in my opinion is better, it means most shamans i'll talk to in Cata who raid will actually know how to play so we can discuss ideas
    I like this cause its so true on my server!

all of a sudden shamans are huntards and DKs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul
    As said in my quote and in your link... our off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 100% off-hand Weapon damage. If it does fire damage, so be it. Don't be an ass about it because the tooltip clearly says nothing about damage other than weapon damage (Physical)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

warriors will get 1 hand weapons again to use in fury tree why can't we get 2hand weapons to use in enhancement tree?

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    As said in my quote and in your link... our off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 100% off-hand Weapon damage. If it does fire damage, so be it. Don't be an ass about it because the tooltip clearly says nothing about damage other than weapon damage (Physical)
    It's a melee strike that does Fire Damage, similar to Scourge Strike that does Shadow Damage. So its damage doesn't get reduced by armor, but by resists. Also Curse of Elements increases its damage and so would a Elemental Damage Mastery.

And why are shamans (especially Enhancement) unhappy with the preview? Sure, it's just a preview, but while the changes in their resource systems were included for any other class (rage normalization, mana scaling with spirit and without 5 sec rule, new rune system, warlock soulstones, eclipse ui), nothing was included for Enhancement Shamans, which really bothers us. Also not one of our other problems were mentioned. Our dependency on Feral Spirits in PvP, our lack of mobility in PvE, our lack of some type of cleave and the general problems with our whole totem system. Actually the only things for Enhancement were a new button to press for a rather weak effect, an announcement to reduce our GCD usage by increasing the CD of our least used abiltity and a complete confusing and mind-less third mastery.

want cleave? heres cleave for you!
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=55866
    if scaled and given another hit it could really give enh a nice cleave with fire nova CL and this on both weps +SS
    ^^

I fail to see improvements.

Are you serious?
    I've been playing Resto since Vanilla, I'm as traumatized about Blizzard's lack of interest in the Shaman class, as any other Shaman.

I mean, if they plan on removing Cleanse Poison and Cleansing Totem, then they must have something in store for Rogues aswell.
    The rare opportunity to heal in arena without Wound Poison is crucial, without it, it'll just make it harder to stay alive.

Spiritwalker's Grace: "Your spells are no longer interrupted by movement and possibly even by your own attacks."
    - I guess it can be interrupted by Shock, Pummel and Kick though? I'm sure it's not going to work half as good, as it looks.

Healing Rain: With 1.300 Haste, it's not going to increase the healing output of a Shaman drastically, if even the least. On a side note, it's utterly irrelevant for arena. What are you going to say? "Hey guiez, can you like run into my rain?". If it's going to be a little useful, it's going to be very very situational.
    I'm guessing in most situations, it'll be more efficient to just spam Chain Heal.

I was expecting a defensive cooldown, which is pretty much the only thing, that Shamans have been needing, for as long as I can remember.
    Instead, it looks like they choose, to pretty much take everything they have, away from them.

Looking forward to seeing how Spirit Link will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    Guyz, please!

If you do 20% of your damage as nature and another 20% as fire, it will not make a difference if the mastery adds 5% elemental damage or 10% Nature damage. You have a brain (I hope) use it!
    you make it sound so easy, but in fact, it isn´t.

1.) in pvp, enhancement doesn´t do much magic damage in general, as compared to pve.
    in terms of shocks, we mostly use frost shock ( wont profit from mastery ) and flame shock ( wont profit from mastery )
    in terms of maelstrom, we often enough use maelstrom selfheal(which will only profit from the mastery i they made it nature spells) or hex, and with lvb ( again, no mastery profit )getting usable with msw, we´ll be using it as a guaranteed burst in pvp
    2.) most of our aoe damage is fire. while it still is "only" aoe, some of us love a massive amount of numbers flying up and it´s a bummer our mastery wont affect 60-70% of our abilities.
    3.) the mastery will have to make up for the removal of mental quickness, our current source of spellpower.
    without an ap or agi voncersion to spellpower, we will have flame spells doing almost no damage at all, while nature spells are possibly in a similar spot like now, through enough mastery.
    from wotlk to cata it could look like: 19% nature 24% fire 57% physical -> 21% nature 7% fire 72% physical

the thing is: when your spells do only single digit percent of your total damage, whould be really worth using them at all? a noob shaman could do 90% of your dmg with only spamming ss, msw5 lb/cl when ready, earthshock and lightning shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

great post, I really do liek some of the new abilities ele will receive. I was considering putting a stop to playing this game come the exp, but I might continue to play based on this new changes. ;D

In reference to the future changes for enhancement shamans... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMh6O7HuI08

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Lava_Lash

Type Offensive
    School Physical
    Cooldown 6 seconds

Where is your god now?
    That wiki hasnt been updated since 2008. Check on a dummy, smart ass. Lava Lash is fire damage, as is flame shock. meaning these will not be affected by "Nature Damage" the Enhancement part of the Mastery system. And if Lava Burst works with Maelstrom Weapon, thats ANOTHER FIRE spell.

That means it only works with Lightning Bolt, chaning lightning and lightning shield .... whoopy.

Its already FAIL.

I really wish some people would read. Yes, our Enhancement Mastery is Nature damage, which we're already throwing out Earth Shocks and Lightning Bolts like crazy anyway, so that's a good thing, guys. Another thing, in the Q&A, they said they're putting Lava Burst back on Maelstrom Weapon (at least that's their intention), so think for a minute here.

We get this new ability called Unleashed Weapon, and if they keep what they put for it, even if it's just modified a little bit, that is a very awesome thing. Let's look at it:

Unleash Weapon (level 81): Unleashes the power of your weapon enchants for additional effects (see below). A dual-wielding Enhancement shaman will activate the effects of both of their weapon enchants. Instant cast. 30-yard range. 15-second cooldown. Undispellable.

Bold and underlined for emphasis. Now, if it goes in the way the have it here, or as I said even changed but kept the same effects, well...

Here are a few examples of effects we're considering for this ability:

* Windfury Weapon – Hurls a spectral version of your weapon at a target, dealing 50% weapon damage and increasing the shaman's Haste for the next five swings.
    * Flametongue Weapon – Deals instant Fire damage and buffs the shaman's next Fire attack by 20%.

I doubt this will work for a Flametongue Weapon proc, and since we're supposedly getting Lava Burst back on Maelstrom Weapon... well, I'm sure you can see how awesome this really is and the Nature Mastery is just as good and should balance out at he very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz
    That wiki hasnt been updated since 2008. Check on a dummy, smart ass. Lava Lash is fire damage, as is flame shock. meaning these will not be affected by "Nature Damage" the Enhancement part of the Mastery system. And if Lava Burst works with Maelstrom Weapon, thats ANOTHER FIRE spell.

That means it only works with Lightning Bolt, chaning lightning and lightning shield .... whoopy.

Its already FAIL.
    You don't use Earth Shock in your rotation?

That seems like a decent chunk of the buttons we press, along with Stormstrike adding more Nature Damage... that's a lot of extra Nature damage.

Deleted

I love the new changes, healing rain, the new enhancement attacks, changes of current spells.. wonderful!

Spirit link was the only defensive thing they mentioned :/

I'm not sure if ppl just miss-out to think a bit further then just pass their nose.

What's said in the previews are clearly just a short version of what to expect.
    Enhance seems a bit short coming in its presentation but we have no idea what is actually coming and exactly how things are going to play out.
    maelstrom proc lvb is a nice thing. The LL inc CD they do say next its to free up the time between other gcd to fit in other interesting stuff what exactly those are in mind are yet to be discovered.
    We haven't seen any numbers yet we do not have a "effin" clue of any numbers what so ever. I just think its way to soon to even start QQ or wine or be disappointed about anything at this stage.
    Does ppl so easily forget how things play out during beta stages? just to mention mages and ice lance in tbc? and even after beta it was stupidly overpowered why i mention this now and here is coz something that looks silly or stupid at this point might become overly well done in the play out. So just relax a bit.

Also reminds me of mentioning we do not know yet what the effect of freeing up talent-points will play out either and it was mention a while back in a blue cata will for the first time free up 51/21 specs , how this will play out for enhance or any other class spec we also do not know.

It feels like someone lights a match and ppl see a bonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium*
    thanks for the overview

not lookin too great for the ele shamans thou

will have to wait till beta to see how it feels.
    Ya, ele got the shaft. Earthquake is dull zzz. AoE is too small a part of the game to get excited about this garbage spell; I sure won't be wasting a point to get it. Resto got loaded with fun stuff though. Healing Rains AND Spirit Link. gg

Poor Eles and Enh =(

Quote Originally Posted by Diqqi
    I fail to see improvements.

Spiritwalker's Grace: "Your spells are no longer interrupted by movement and possibly even by your own attacks."
    - I guess it can be interrupted by Shock, Pummel and Kick though? I'm sure it's not going to work half as good, as it looks.

I was expecting a defensive cooldown, which is pretty much the only thing, that Shamans have been needing, for as long as I can remember.
    Instead, it looks like they choose, to pretty much take everything they have, away from them.
    I agree. Spiritwalker's Grace is bad. Mediocre at best. SG is too situational and not a gamebreaker by any means. Wasn't as exciting a preview as I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    Spirit link was the only defensive thing they mentioned :/
    Defense abilities were what shamans needed. We didn't get shit. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy
    Ya, ele got the shaft. Earthquake is dull zzz. AoE is too small a part of the game to get excited about this garbage spell; I sure won't be wasting a point to get it. Resto got loaded with fun stuff though. Healing Rains AND Spirit Link. gg

Poor Eles and Enh =(
    It's way too early to assume, but spirit link may be baseline, it will either be that or replace one of the current resto talents. Imo, it'll probably replace earth shield and earth shield be put baseline, at least that's what I'd hope. I'm really curious how they'll rework spirit link though. Obviously just assumptions, but I think it's safe to say that if spirit link is implemented all shaman, regardless of spec, should end up getting some sort of defensive cool down.