80. This poll is closed
  • Yes

28 35.00%
  • No

25 31.25%
  • I like chicken

27 33.75%

Hunter Preview good?

Ok are hunter preview come out a couple of days ago so what u think about it i think i think camo will look op and most ppl complaining about it but this is a PREVIEW now all of the stuff their will stay the same and i think they will reduce the cost of the stuff but tell me this wtf do we need cobra shot? it just steady shot with nature damage anyway i was going to stop playing the class and reroll a mage before i read camo again. It has no cd we can spam it guys! so we it appears 2 be a little bad from the preview but before u know it we will be top of the damage charts again .

Deleted

Re: ranting time!

stop makeing the same stupid posts

10+ Year Old Account

Wait...? You're complaining about it and telling people they shouldn't complain because it's just a preview?

I may have read it wrong but...

I personally like the hunter changes, yes, Cobra shot is a ripoff of Steady Shot but it's for one spec only, I personally think it would be more use in Survival because even BM benefits from ArP more than Survival, but oh well. Camo is just great, the only problem imo is that we can be seen laying traps in camo :P. I do like the damage increase for first shot to break Camo though

O.o Cobra shot will be for fights with bosses with heavy armor ... It benefits bm/sv because of the lack of ArPen in the mastery bonuses. I find it hard to believe camo will not have a cd.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Deleted

Re: Hunter Preview good?

Very nice I just found a 100 dollar coin

well all the other previews had cd for all their abiltys if had so i think hunters got one good new abilty

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Featherman
    Very nice I just found a 100 dollar coin
    I've never heard of such a coin ;D
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

Warriors' gushing wound and the Druids' wild mushroom both say "no cooldown". If I had to guess camo is one of those abilities they have in their head but haven't yet tried to implement/test it.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

I think its far too early to make a decision. I don't have enough information to base anything on meaning:

1) What will our gear itemization transfer be from our current stats to what stats?

2) New talent trees released.

3) Talent tree algorithms adjusted based on beta results.

4) What shots give focus? (auto?)

5) What pet changes are.

There are so many unanswered questions that I do not have an opinion yet. There are more questions then there are answers for. I have played my Hunter since raiding vanilla I will adapt and overcome the sky is not falling.
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

Ill be sticking to my druid for Cata tbh.
    Camo being a copy of rogue ability etc.
    Nothing in there that would get me excited, thou I like focus changes a lot.
    Gonna level the hunter anyway.

Oh look guys, its this thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvesting
    I think its far too early to make a decision. I don't have enough information to base anything on meaning:

1) What will our gear itemization transfer be from our current stats to what stats?

2) New talent trees released.

3) Talent tree algorithms adjusted based on beta results.

4) What shots give focus? (auto?)

5) What pet changes are.

There are so many unanswered questions that I do not have an opinion yet. There are more questions then there are answers for. I have played my Hunter since raiding vanilla I will adapt and overcome the sky is not falling.
    4) Cobra Shot and Steady Shot gives Focus, we have known that for a long time, don't see how you didn't know

5) There is no big pet change, mostly only that some pets will give a smaller bonus of what some classes do, plus we will be able to stable more pets.

Hunter Preview bad!

Now we are limited only by Cooldowns. So:

Disengage
    Aimed Shot
    Chimera Shot
    Readiness
    Chimera Shot
    Disengage
    Aimed Shot
    Arcane Shot

is a no problem. Now in Cata:

Disengage
    Aimed Shot
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Chimera Shot
    Readiness (if it will cost Focus like every defensive cooldown — Not enough focus x4)
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Chimera Shot
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Disengage
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Aimed Shot
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Arcane Shot.

Woohoo.

Cobra shot has 2 functions. First it gives us a constant source of non physical damage to use against high armor targets or targets with physical immunities/reductions. Second (and more importantly) it will be given deep BM talents to make it more effective so that BM hunters finally have a skill that can be used to increase their damage hunter side instead of pet side.

Camo- Ranged immunity will be nice and depending on duration focus costs and the damage to shot increase it will be providing it could end up weaved into a PvE macro for damage increase.

Trap Launcher. Throw a damaging trap at a boss for extra damage. It would be great for saurfang as you would not have to move (and lose dps) to throw down a trap to slow the beasts.

Go take a look at our 3 talent trees. A good 50-60% of our talents are the boring passive type that blizz wants to get rid of.

For some reason as a new expansion comes up hunters always seem to be in doomsday mode and then we ALWAYS end up back on top

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    Hunter Preview bad!

Now we are limited only by Cooldowns. So:

Disengage
    Aimed Shot
    Chimera Shot
    Readiness
    Chimera Shot
    Disengage
    Aimed Shot
    Arcane Shot

is a no problem. Now in Cata:

Disengage
    Aimed Shot
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Chimera Shot
    Readiness (if it will cost Focus like every defensive cooldown — Not enough focus x4)
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Chimera Shot
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Disengage
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Aimed Shot
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Not enough focus
    Arcane Shot.

Woohoo.
    No. First off, Arcane has no business in a MM rotation. Second, you left out all the steady shot spam in the current rotation waiting for CDs. Guess what, with the new system, we will be spamming steady to generate focus for the shots. I imagine with an apropriate level of haste, the focus generation can be matched very nicely to the CDs so that focus is available as shots come off CDs. But, we'll have to wait for the final numbers to be sure. All in all, it doesn't sound like there's going to be a significant change to rotation. You'll just see hunters actually wanting Haste now.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker575
    No. First off, Arcane has no business in a MM rotation. Second, you left out all the steady shot spam in the current rotation waiting for CDs. Guess what, with the new system, we will be spamming steady to generate focus for the shots. I imagine with an apropriate level of haste, the focus generation can be matched very nicely to the CDs so that focus is available as shots come off CDs. But, we'll have to wait for the final numbers to be sure. All in all, it doesn't sound like there's going to be a significant change to rotation. You'll just see hunters actually wanting Haste now.

pvp... you dont just "do rotations" in pvp
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

I wrote burst "rotation" in PvP while moving and with melee on your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by M1kra
    4) Cobra Shot and Steady Shot gives Focus, we have known that for a long time, don't see how you didn't know

5) There is no big pet change, mostly only that some pets will give a smaller bonus of what some classes do, plus we will be able to stable more pets.
    4) Should have stated what other shots yes they mention Cobra and SS but they said nothing of others we don't know yet.

5) WIth gear changes there is always pet changes. (they are based on our stats our stats are changing in Cata i.e. pet changes.
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

You sir, probably don't pvp as a MM hunter.