Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So ... I DC'ed on my first LK kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra
    No.

They might give you loot, but they never imburse achievements.
    False: I once had a group back pre-nerf Occulus that restored "Make It Count" to my group. I had gotten the achievement, but since they had released previously in the instance, once we cleared it, they did not receive the achievement. So they all put in tickets, and got the achievement.

A guy transfered back to my server then pugged death's demise. Apparently there is some sort of holding on when you can receive server first titles after transferring -- he was not awarded the title.

A bunch of folks tossed in tickets, the next day he had the title. This is the only time I've seen an achievement be fixed, despite the fact that it was technically against the rules in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    No, they do not ask the freaking devs about peoples titles. The devs have way way way better things to do with their time. They do basically have to ask the next rank of GM/customer service people. That isn't devs though. That'd be some enlisted guy in the army going to talk to the president because technically he's the leader of the military. You're jumping way too many steps up, and several steps to the side tehre buddy.
    I'm telling you that this is exactly what they have to do because I heard this directly from Cylarian, who we all know is one of the Head Game Masters. He explained the situation and how they go about giving Realm First related achievements.

No.

Yes they do.

10+ Year Old Account

"Hi <your name>!!

We are sorry to have missed you. (Due to the 60 hour wait time on the ticket)
    We regret to inform you that we cannot grant you any achievements if you were not present for the kill.

Some guy at Blizzard"
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account

Obviously this has been stated before. However GM's WILL provide achievements and have done so on many occasions provided the log can prove you were elegible for the achievement kill. The gm you talk to initially will have no access to do this and must escalate this issue up. As the time it takes currently for reponse on most servers is 48 hours plus then the time to escalate and resolve the follow up. You may end up having the next week kill before this gets responded. Either way they can and depending on the exact situation most likely will award it if the log can prove your case.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Vonlego
    A guy transfered back to my server then pugged death's demise. Apparently there is some sort of holding on when you can receive server first titles after transferring -- he was not awarded the title.

A bunch of folks tossed in tickets, the next day he had the title. This is the only time I've seen an achievement be fixed, despite the fact that it was technically against the rules in the first place.
    If by Pug you mean he was an extra that was needed because a guild didn't have enough members on - I believe you. There is no way that 25 random people pugged Death's Demise. I call SS or it didn't happen.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

No.

The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by The Grumpy Old Man
    "Hi <your name>!!

We are sorry to have missed you. (Due to the 60 hour wait time on the ticket)
    We regret to inform you that we cannot grant you any achievements if you were not present for the kill.

Some guy at Blizzard"
    I've had GMs mail me that canned response for tickets, when I was still online.

No.

WRONG!

In Ulduar when we first killed Flame Leviathan +4 many people didnt get the kill because of some weird bug. Everyone ofcourse made an ticket and later that evening the guild got spammed with achievements for those who didnt get it. So never say never

They don't they only gief once in a time achievements. like Grand Crusader. Friend of mine had it with the magic seeker. He ticketed and got the achievement a week later or so.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeh see if it was just u that DCd then u would hav been able to log bak in in time and get the achi and all the lewts no problem. But since the login servers were down aswell, its actually more on their fault. Though blizz hav stated again and again (1st hand exp) that they dont award achieves out even though u hav bop loot from that boss. Example: I had in my bag gear from ZA last boss and wen I logged in wen achieves were activated they didnt bother to count it to me. I put in a ticket saying I hav gear from him, how else would I hav gotten it? But no they dont like to giv out achievements. If it were up to me u should get it 100% because u killed were past the point of no return. By all means u hav killed him. But it doesnt matter u guys should be able to again. Not like its SUCH a hard fight to hav on farm.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

they didit for a friend of mine and his death's demise achievement

15+ Year Old Account

You won't get an achievement, you would have got the loot if you still needed to send off to a GM for it but you should be able to trade that between you.

Sucks but you know you can do it, so do it again.

15+ Year Old Account

No, better luck next time. :'(

Deleted

Unless there was loot there that you needed and nobody else did, it doesn't really matter. Simple logic sais that when you could do it this week you can do it again and running around without the achievement and title for 1 more week is not that big a deal considering that the title is quite common and with it you don't really stand out from the crowd if that was your concern. They fixed the thing where you weren't allowed in the instance on hm without the kill even though you could be summoned in and difficulty could be changed when you were in so you can start on hm progression even when you don't have a warlock in the group.