Headache about my ARP

Hi all

I've read many posts about ArP but still having doubts with the HardCap, because I read different things in each place.

In Nyallem's guide I saw this:
    (Quoted)
    ''Armor Penetration (ArP): (Note that this section is still being discussed. This is Landsouls interpretation of the information, which can be found on Elitist Jerks.

Unmodified cap =1232 rating
    Arms Cap = 1099 rating
    Arms + Mace Spec Cap = 907 rating''

Okay, I'm an Arms Warrior with 1198 Arp. As Nyallem says, 1099 is the Cap, but 1198 ArP is just 85'60% armor reduced

That 85'60% + 10% from Battle Stance + 2'8% from Hearty Rhyno means that I'm on 98'40% ArP, wich means that I need 1'60% more (22'86 rating) to reach the hardcap

Please, I'm truly confused about this, could someone help me? Thanks!

Re: Headache about my ARP

Cap is ~1400, 1232 is outdated since ages ago.

Ok, my deep question is:

To get the hardcap as arms I need 87'2% ArP + 2'8% from Hearty Rhyno +10% from Battle Stance = 100%

Is this right?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-warrior/*guide*-armor-penetration-for-dummies!/

Stickies are there for a reason. Use them. Or at least take a fleeting glance, your question is literally answered in like the first 3 paragraphs of the first post.

10+ Year Old Account

How about you just answer his question instead of posting a sticky since it is obvious he has already done research.

If Warriors are like Death Knights (I believe they are), talented arpen does not show up on the tooltip under hit rating, it is added after all arpen from gear/food/elixir is added. so your armor pen cap would be 100% - arms - mace spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza
    How about you just answer his question instead of posting a sticky since it is obvious he has already done research.
    it's actually pretty obvious that he hasn't done good research. He posted information from like 2 major content patches ago. Why should I answer a question when the guy can literally scroll up 2 inches and click a link on this very forum and get the answer?

There's fucking dozens of these "help me fix my gear" or "what's this cap" posts on these forums daily, and it's just really annoyng clutter when you can look at the bolded shit at the top of the page and find out for yourself in 5 seconds.

Teach a man to fish, etc.

Add up :
    - Battle stance (10%)
    - Bonus to battle stance if 2 T9 (6%)
    - Mace spec if you wear a mace (10%)
    - Your armor penetration *ON GEAR*

Aka, if you're mace specced with 2 T9 that's 26%, and you need to be at 74% to be hard capped. (74% being the number that appears when you mouseover your hit).

In your case, you don't talk about mace spec or 2 T9, so my guess would be that you need 90% (100% - battle stance). That is 1260 armor penetration rating. If you eat a Rhino, you only need 1220.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    Add up :
    - Battle stance (10%)
    - Bonus to battle stance if 2 T9 (6%)
    - Mace spec if you wear a mace (10%)
    - Your armor penetration *ON GEAR*

Aka, if you're mace specced with 2 T9 that's 26%, and you need to be at 74% to be hard capped. (74% being the number that appears when you mouseover your hit).

In your case, you don't talk about mace spec or 2 T9, so my guess would be that you need 90% (100% - battle stance). That is 1260 armor penetration rating. If you eat a Rhino, you only need 1220.
    Yay, lets add percents together

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn
    Teach a man to fish, etc.
    It seems he knows how to fish, but has been fishing from a pond of old information. He wants to know if the amount of bait he is using is enough or not.

"Okay, I'm an Arms Warrior with 1198 Arp...."

Have you looked at your gear in Landsoul's spreadsheet? It is my experience that an Arms warrior has to be pretty awesome gear to get more from Arpen than they do from strength. You also want to make sure you aren't hobbling your crit by throwing everything into Arpen.

Thanks for the answers

Sorry, as someone said, I looked into old information posts, my bad.

Yes, I use Landsoul's spreadsheet, i'm not dropping crit for arpen :P

I don't use mace spec, and dont have T9 Bonus now, so, as Asgard said, my cap, as Arms warrior, is 1220, considering that I'm eating Rhino during raid encounters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetaKurgan
    Thanks for the answers

I don't use mace spec, and dont have T9 Bonus now, so, as Asgard said, my cap, as Arms warrior, is 1220, considering that I'm eating Rhino during raid encounters.

Thanks
    go fury and have done with it, get a feral in your raids to provide the trauma debuff and everybody wins.

Thanks for the answers

Thanks
    uhm why not? considering arp is worth more dps than crit after like 30%not dropping arp is probably a bad decision.

arp's value increases exponentially until the cap. crit is linear.

Yes, I use Landsoul's spreadsheet...
    Even if you had included a link to your toon, we can't tell you more than what the spreadsheet says.

Oops, Yes

This is my character http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&cn=Soulfeast

I'm having problems to replace Mark Of Supremacy because of the lack of hit on my gear ><

If your that close to cap....just throw a sunder or two on boss.

My Arms PvE gear is around 70% armor pen and I get another 16% from stance (still rockin 2 set T9).

If you add the extra 20% armor pen from Sunder, your at the cap no problem.

Use all your tools!

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenar
    If your that close to cap....just throw a sunder or two on boss.

My Arms PvE gear is around 70% armor pen and I get another 16% from stance (still rockin 2 set T9).

If you add the extra 20% armor pen from Sunder, your at the cap no problem.

Use all your tools!
    sunder doesn't work like that at all

read the arpen sticky, sunder and personal arpen are not additive