Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cata: Death of Rogues and ganking?

I wasn't in fact complaining about my own cds or about anyone elses. I was just stating facts, that any nerf to CoS at THIS point (in cata everything will be different, so I don't know) any nerf to cloak would completely destroy rogues. Just like at this point we shouldn't touch divine shield or pain suppression or... you get my point.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

whats wrong is rogues being the only crit bases class, what other class has so much crit talents? and agility being main stat... resilienced this, nw pvp trinket new cd's get out of stuns right now as it stands rogues CANNOT stunlock stunlock isnt even possible with all new pvp mechanics and furhtermore no 1handed bitch is going to hit as hard as a 2handed, nor the spellcasters. mage hits 4000-6000 non crits right now with a 2.13second fireball cast for a rogue to get energy for a sinister strike its still 3seconds and non crit 4000-6000? no.

They have mentioned buffing rogues damage, I for 1 say give stunlocks a 2nd objection rogues are ninjas... sneaky mofos lurking in dark even have pickpocket next time ur wallets missing blame the rogue. reduce stunlocks time, Kidney shot stunlocing 0.5second a combo but giving them a buff *kidney blow* the next attack ignores all armour etc etc would be a welcomed buff while not being able to kill in 1 stunlock and if they dimishing return is down the buff is still a viable mechanic to use agenst heavy armoured class's even if they are immune.

All personal preferences.

Edit: reading through i saw so many mistakes i cba correcting. Sorry ^^

Deleted

Welcome to the rest of the classes. I get more or less the same thing when I use Lichborne, AMS AMZ, from casters, and from stunners like rogues when I use Icebound Fort. Sadly I don't have the option to vanish and you do, so make use of it instead of complaining. Being dependent on cooldowns is part of a class. They are there to either save your life or kill someone, if you use them right and they give results, then you should like them. Unless you enjoyed the TBC Sub rogue power too much, where stealth was optional.
    Well thats the problem...Rogues in late tbc,if you exclude those tier 6 offpieces dudes were completely balanced.Shadowstep needs to either become trainable or available early in the Sub tree for rogues to not be practically a freekill if Vanish/Cos is on cd.

From a business perspective, this is the problem with Rogues as I see it.

Everyone Pays the same amount monthly to play WOW, and one class can make it so another cannot play the game. Stunlock is killing the game, it makes others not want to play, or makes them realize that they are paying money so that someone else can control their game. (fear chains and chain sheeps fall into this category also)

I would rather see rogues do what they are designed to do, use utilities to control people, but NOT DAMAGE at the same time. A backstab should be very strategic, and be a killing blow, maybe more damage(this is a rogue).

Blind, disorient, kick, knockdown, poisons, bleeds, These are great rogue skills, even stun to get away, but stun followed by non defensible damage sucks ass.

If a rogue wants to stunlock a player, they should not be able to do mass amounts of damage at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Nothing with equal gear dies in a stunlock these days.

Sure it's frustrating to be killed repeatedly by that 2400 rated rogue with his icc hardmode gear and 4pc wrathful, but guess what?
    Get some gear and you won't die without fighting back.
    This wins the thread.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Onyxia&cn=Septer

Nothing with equal gear dies in a stunlock these days.

Sure it's frustrating to be killed repeatedly by that 2400 rated rogue with his icc hardmode gear and 4pc wrathful, but guess what?
    Get some gear and you won't die without fighting back.

This is very true, get over 1250 ressiliance and the cd handling becomes so much more important then who was the first one to attack... at least that's how i feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustashi

This is very true, get over 1250 ressiliance and the cd handling becomes so much more important then who was the first one to attack... at least that's how i feel...
    because socketing resilience gems while being a damagedealer is a pro :3

In tbc nothing with halfway gear dropped in a single stunlock and that was the golden age in my opinion.

It will probably be fine. If I still play in cata I'll have top notch gear anyway, so it's all good.
    Have to agree there. Really loved how I could take down anything on my S1 rogue (even S3 warlocks) if I played my cards right. One slip, though, and I was ripped apart. Fun times!
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by NathSB
    Have to agree there. Really loved how I could take down anything on my S1 rogue (even S3 warlocks) if I played my cards right. One slip, though, and I was ripped apart. Fun times!
    the end of s3 was filled with Sub rogues X_x
    oh the horror

Quote Originally Posted by Furiozo
    the end of s3 was filled with Sub rogues X_x
    oh the horror
    Used a spec that would, with a few tweaks, eventually become the cookie-cutter sub spec from level 52 (which my rogue was about a week after TBC launched) to 70, and had great fun. Then the news spread, and suddenly every rogue and his mom was spec'ed almost identically ;_; Main difference was that I never liked the mace spec most serious PvPers favored.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Rogue ganking will never end as long as the class is in the game! And as long as the class is in the game people will always pvp and gank with it just as with every other class really.
    Most rogue mains that have played this game since the old days just love the class and playstyle way to much to ever give it up

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona
    Well thats the problem...Rogues in late tbc,if you exclude those tier 6 offpieces dudes were completely balanced.Shadowstep needs to either become trainable or available early in the Sub tree for rogues to not be practically a freekill if Vanish/Cos is on cd.
    Right. Balanced from whose opinion? The rogues? Sorry, I played a hunter, a warlock and a warrior. Do i need to remind you how FOTM sub rogues were then? On the hunter I had zero chance vs rogues, there was absolutely nothing i could do. At lease on the warrior I could have killed em with 9 critical damage execute...

Can't stay I mind rogues that much now, even if they can chain disable me for a good while, then again I can do the same to them, but when I see em assassinating a clothie, in decent pvp gear, in one stunlock, then I'm thinking that the Cata health pools are something really needed. No class should have the ability to terminate someone without having them put up a fight.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Furiozo
    because socketing resilience gems while being a damagedealer is a pro :3
    1300+ is easily obtainable with every class without gemming res and wearing the ahsen verdict ring.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyFish
    Right. Balanced from whose opinion? The rogues? Sorry, I played a hunter, a warlock and a warrior. Do i need to remind you how FOTM sub rogues were then? On the hunter I had zero chance vs rogues, there was absolutely nothing i could do. At lease on the warrior I could have killed em with 9 critical damage execute...

Can't stay I mind rogues that much now, even if they can chain disable me for a good while, then again I can do the same to them, but when I see em assassinating a clothie, in decent pvp gear, in one stunlock, then I'm thinking that the Cata health pools are something really needed. No class should have the ability to terminate someone without having them put up a fight.
    For one: yes, sub rogues were over the top in tbc. However, a rogue in ONLY pvp gear wasn't THAT bad. It was still a strong class, but the problem really erupted with 4/4 and the bugged cheat death. That was, and I doubt anyone will argue this, the most ridiculous thing arenas ever saw.

A clothie in decent pvp gear doesn't die to a rogue in one stunlock (Well, a mage might, but between blink, frostbite, shattered barrier and ice block they really shouldn't). Both a warlock and a priest can easily survive the first stunlock (still assuming decent pve gear ie 3k+ spell power and 1200 res, which is very easily obtainable)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!