This makes little sense.

If Assassination is supposed to be the burst tree, why does Subtlety have the finishers now? It sounds like Subtlety will be better at burst than Assassination now.
    God; I hate you people.

Re: This makes little sense.

Because mutilate is supposed to do damage. (It used to, waaaayyyy back before 3.0.9)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

But shouldn't Assassination have Eviscerate? And probably Ambush too, if it's supposed to be the main burst tree.
    God; I hate you people.

With that logic, Assassination should have Killing Spree, as that is atm the biggest burst in WoW.

It's not *my* logic; they said Assassination is supposed to be the burst/crit tree.
    God; I hate you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver
    But shouldn't Assassination have Eviscerate? And probably Ambush too, if it's supposed to be the main burst tree.
    Envenom is better, and opening with mutilate from stealth is better than ambush so we dont need those at all..

It sounds to be like the main focus of Assassination will be high crits, relatively low white hits compared to the mutilate damage.. and poison damage probably unchanged
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast
    opening with mutilate from stealth is better than ambush so we dont need those at all..
    Envenom is only better because Assassination's poison damage is so retardedly high now, and the above shouldn't be the case and is a design flaw.

I don't know about you guys but the traditional burst finisher--Eviscerate--not being in the burst tree doesn't make any sense.
    God; I hate you people.

I think Blizzard meant that they want to arrange talents around for Cataclysm so it's like that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Undercity Champion says: "I punched a penguin on my way in here."
    Argent Confessor Paletress says: "Oh, my. Do you feel remorseful, at least?"
    Undercity Champion says: "Nah, not really. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

The joke is actually, that in a raid environment ss will hit harder than mutilate. my avergade mutilate doublecrit is just short of 8k, our combatrogue with very similar gear does 9k sinister strikes :>

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver
    Envenom is only better because Assassination's poison damage is so retardedly high now, and the above shouldn't be the case and is a design flaw.

I don't know about you guys but the traditional burst finisher--Eviscerate--not being in the burst tree doesn't make any sense.
    Problem with melees is, that "highest burst" does not equal having the highest hitting attacks. They're usually kinda related, but it's not always the case.
    (Ofc there're not really all that many melees with multiple choices in specs, but oh well...)

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    The joke is actually, that in a raid environment ss will hit harder than mutilate. my avergade mutilate doublecrit is just short of 8k, our combatrogue with very similar gear does 9k sinister strikes :>
    Your combat rogue is most likely gearing for ArP and using ArP gems, which will get SS crits that high. I hope you aren't doing the same for Mutilate.

Mutilate is still a talented 55 energy cp builder, whereas sinister strike a 40 energy base attack is

From my experiance as a rogue & a warrior

Bladestorm+sweepingstrikes+recklessness does more burst than killingspree :P

Its always fun while defending strand of the ancients to get em with it while there just coming off the boat ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Mutilate is still a talented 55 energy cp builder, whereas sinister strike a 40 energy base attack is
    yes, but with nearing 100% arp, muti would probably double crit for similar amounts, not to mention it crits a lot more due to Puncturing Wounds and gemming/gearing for agi with crit/haste on most pieces while SS will crit harder due to Prey on the Weak.

Killing Spree with 2 danngers will not do as much damage as combat , still make sence to me if they swap the 51 pointer , combat means to have better DPS for a long fight ,HfB is perfectly the 51 point there

the problem is that , they won't let someone having really high brust damage because of PvP , they chosen to nerf every singal brust in WotLK for the balance , but it doesn't work ,so they are tring to up the HP in cata , lets hope there comes the changes