Poll: If your main is a mage now, do you think it will be in cata given the previews?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Will you still Mage in cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    pretty sure the high elves came before the night elves. just sayin'.
    That is correct. Before the War of the Ancients, the High Elves were all that existed on Kalimdor, amongst the various animal species. But it was the Highborn that went nuts, and when the Well of Eternity, or whatever, was destroyed, it turned the Highborne survivors into naga. Some of the High Elves fled to Lordaeron (north of the Eastern Kingdoms). Malfurion and his ilk became the Night Elves in Kalimdor, whereas the High Elves who became addicted to the Sunwell (many millennia later) became Blood Elves, in memory of all those that the trolls had slaughtered.

Well, my lore is a little rusty, so sorry if anything is incorrect. Can't remember if it was the trolls who hurt the pride of the High Elves or if it wasn't until the undead attacked under compulsion of the Lich King (Ner'zul).
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account

trolls and elves are the oldest races on azeroth, pre-dating the titan creations of gnomes, dwarves, and humans. tauren....they're just hippies so no one gives a shit.

i don't even follow lore and i can herpa derp the jerpa lerp as well as the best of em.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood
    Just arcane requires you to manage your mana. Fire was all about trying to stay awake in between hot streak procs.
    I seriously loled at that. Arcane is by far the easiest most boring spec in the game. Arcane blastx3, Arcane missles. Boy what a workout. And if your waiting to long for hot streak procs get some more crit my friend, because mine are proc'ing about every 4 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan
    He never said he didn't like the game, and he does have a point(outside of being Arcane in Vanilla, thats flat out stupid). There are millions of lawl baddies who play WoW who think everything Blizzard does is perfect, when it clearly isn't. No matter how bad they fail, and it's clear they have on a massive scale when it comes to game balance at various points in the games history; they are considered god like.

Most of the Mage changes are terrible and useless. This may change as we see how mana/dps works in Cata and the talent trees. However, as it stands, you have to be garbage, new to playing a mage, or have the foresight of a potato to think most of those changes weren't useless, gimmicky or pointless.
    Whatever changes you think that mages desperately needed would be 99.99% likely to make them OP. End of story.

Where is the "I'm just lurking on the Mage forums, but plan to reroll mage in Cata" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Nortḥem
    fact that they remove spells like arcane missiles and the fact that the arcane mastery i
    They're not removing it, you don't even know what they're going to do with it. Again, you're a stupid hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    Well the largest number blizzard has given us as far as player base was 11.5 million and the CEO(or w/e his title is) of Maple Story was quoted to saying they have over 87 million TOTAL subscriptions. I know there were atleast 3 others but i cant remember atm. Runescape has to be one of them. I dont know a single person who plays wow who hasnt played runescape at some point.
    Those are both inactive and active subscriptions. That's what he meant by total.

if mages play like crap in Beta I'm not going to bother continuing with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    you really are an idiot aren't you? i doubt you were an arcane mage in vanilla since you had only 1 spell in your entire arsenal and you needed to talent arcane explosion to make it instant.

if you don't want to play, that is perfectly fine, but treating blizzard like the girl who clearly did not want to go out with you in high-school is a bit superfluous and retarded.
    ROFL

If I play at all I will only have eyes for my mage.

He has been my one true love since I rolled him back in vanilla!

Am I doin' it right??

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood
    Are you for real? You do realise you just called yourself stupid don't you?
    *Sigh* I love people who take what people say completely out of context.

And the only reason I said they broke fire was because it fell so far behind Arcane in DPS, they never actually broke it, it just became detrimental to still be fire at a point during the beginning of ICC, so I tried Arcane and am enjoying the simplicity of the spec, it lets you focus on other things besides watching your procs like a hawk so you don't waste a hot streak proc.

Another note though, just started working on fire again for LK, and am enjoying it again, so who knows, still worried that mage rotations are gonna be overly complicated and require all our focus in Cata, but *shrug*, still waiting for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by diemor
    Another note though, just started working on fire again for LK, and am enjoying it again, so who knows, still worried that mage rotations are gonna be overly complicated and require all our focus in Cata, but *shrug*, still waiting for more info.

for the love of god tell me this is sarcasm and that my hangover is causing me to not get it.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nortḥem
    For people like this every day Blizzard is worse.
    There are a number of people who are lobotomized and have the absolute certainty that whatever Blizzard do is perfect .. are like zombies (as you can see in the results of the poll).
    They are unable to see anything wrong with Blizzard, and worst of all, if anyone does not think alike is insulted and outraged.

Someday I want to have a company like Blizzard, is a bargain! all your customers are lobotomized and even if you do wrong, they will continue supporting you and what is more important: paying!
    Sorry, but in my book, this wins dumbest post of the year award hands down
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Deleted

thanks for heroism