To 'zerk, or not to 'zerk

Simple question:

Should I be stacking berserking with blood lust or offsetting it to "extend" (in a sense) the effect?

Re: To 'zerk, or not to 'zerk

The general idea is to use any other haste cooldowns before or after Heroism is used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

So rapid fire + lust = try not to do?

Deleted

Depends on class, for a rogue it doesn't matter. For warlock it does 'cause you will have troubles with GCD.
    And yes, I know Trolls can't be warlocks but im speaking 'bout Potion of Speed + Bloodlust wich has a similiar effect.

I would say no, I'm not too sure how Hunters and Haste works but as an Ele Shaman I wouldn't use Elemental Mastery with Heroism.

Elemental Mastery
    Instant 3 min cooldown
    When activated, your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava Burst spell becomes an instant cast spell. In addition, you gain 15% spell haste for 15 sec. Elemental Mastery shares a cooldown with Nature's Swiftness.
    * Rapid Fire
    * Instant cast
    * 3% of base mana
    * Increases ranged attack speed by 40% for 15 sec.
    Someone might be able to answer this better, but the haste on Rapid Fire would just be wasted ontop of Heroism, since it would be adding 80% haste? I think you'd run into issues there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

10+ Year Old Account

Haste doesn't help hunters in a way it would do for, let's say, a mage.

If you popped Berserking during bloodlust, it would only affect your Auto Shots when using it outside of BL would affect your steady shots too at least.

But well, if you got, let's say proccs like 2-set and 4-set t10 up, blow everything you got I'd say :P
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account

....................................................................................

Stack your haste cds. It my seem like your wasting your shots on super fast Steady's but you fire off autos like a machine gun.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Artonas
    Stack your haste cds. It my seem like your wasting your shots on super fast Steady's but you fire off autos like a machine gun.
    Well, consider, the faster you're shooting, the less is reduced by haste factors. 20% haste is much more on a 3-second attack compared to a 1,5 second attack. Yes, you will be a machinegun, but on overall, I think it's a loss.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    Well, consider, the faster you're shooting, the less is reduced by haste factors. 20% haste is much more on a 3-second attack compared to a 1,5 second attack. Yes, you will be a machinegun, but on overall, I think it's a loss.
    Nope, 20% haste means 20% more shots in the given time frame. Also, haste stacks multiplicatively, making it the best idea to stack everything you have, unless you're either A) breaking the haste hard cap and literally wasting it (not likely), or B) going to get CCed and waste it. If you can plan the fight around heroism so that you have rapid fire, haste pot, and berserking, it makes the most sense to use them all at once.

15+ Year Old Account

Check out this cooldowns guide. I know there are better ones out there, but this might help to give a better understanding of cooldown stacking. As it stands, you do want to try and stack as many as possible, including 'zerking with BL.
    For the Alliance!

Thank you all for your input and replies, I just needed to make sure I wasn't cutting my DPS short + to prove another hunter wrong, though I still top meters on a good amount of fights in ICC25 for my guild (hunter on top what what).

To the two whom posted the Kripp. Videos thanks, totally forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    I would say no, I'm not too sure how Hunters and Haste works but as an Ele Shaman I wouldn't use Elemental Mastery with Heroism.

Someone might be able to answer this better, but the haste on Rapid Fire would just be wasted ontop of Heroism, since it would be adding 80% haste? I think you'd run into issues there.
    That's because casters don't have a auto attack kinda spell.
    And haste only gets the cast time down to 1sec or so so going lower is not what you want.

Hunters have a autoshot and for most endgame hunters autoshots hit like a truck, so the more you can shoot the better.
    And that means stacking all of your hasted effects (pots/racials/cd's/hero/trinkets/whatever).

And no, that does not mean stack haste on gear, that's so not worth it and you will not even come close to the point were you would stack haste from buffs.

If your haste already passively pushes your Steady shot down to the GCD, like it does for many hunters (basically, if you can get 4 steadies between each chimera+aimed), then stack your haste CDs. The only thing those haste CDs will effect regardless is your autoshot damage, so you might as well get a truckload of haste buffs and flood the target with autos.

Well put it this way, you are goign to get 4 steadies inbetween each chim/aimed everytime unless you have like 50ms, where you can add a 5th in. At 1.5 second GCD and perfect timing, you will have 7 seconds after firing chim/aimed before firing the next set of them. 4 steadies = 6 seconds at the GCD and perfect timing with 0 lag. Its known that if you have .5 seconds or lower till Chim/aimed are off CD, you wait instead of putting in another steady. So essentially, with perfect timing and 0 lag at the haste softcap, you will have 1 second left after your 4th steady. Now add in your latency and human error in timing, and that could possibly put you behind .5 seconds, which will mean you would benefit by not firing a 5th steady since you have .5 seconds or less till chim/aimed.

TLR - You will almost always do 4 steadies in between chim/aimed ANYWAYS no matter your haste, so haste essentially has no affect on steady so go ahead and stack haste procs together along with your other procs and/or heroism.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn