Dropping a profession but...

Looking at dropping LW for jc, but was just seeing if i would be able to keep the LW bracer enchant on binded item or would the enchant be removed after dropping LW??? Since atm have BiS bracer with the 130ap enchant and feel no need to keep LW, so was looking at picking up jc to gain that little bit extra more.

IF anyone has answer to the question, thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Dropping a profession but...

i believe all profession specific enchants require the profession be at 400 to be active. the increase you'd get from replacing LW with JC will be minimal to small, depending on class.

Read it. It says you need LW at a high enough level for it to stay active. The enchant will stay on, just won't give you the benefit.

reading the info on the bracer is hard right?

As soon as you dropped LW, you would no longer gain the benefit from the enchant. However, the enchant would remain on the bracers, so if you picked LW up again for some reason you wouldn't need to re-enchant.

i had LWing .. but kept it droped skinning and picked up JCing

and just mined the matts on my alt, took me about 24hours to get to 425 JCing

So i have LW and JC now

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Limewax
    Looking at dropping LW for jc, but was just seeing if i would be able to keep the LW bracer enchant on binded item or would the enchant be removed after dropping LW??? Since atm have BiS bracer with the 130ap enchant and feel no need to keep LW, so was looking at picking up jc to gain that little bit extra more.

IF anyone has answer to the question, thanks
    If you're looking for stat gains to your character, don't bother.

Using your attack power example, a JC can make a total of three attack power dragon's eyes. They will give 68 attack power each. Normal attack power epic gems will provide 40 attack power, so the dragon's eyes net you a 28 attack power gain each. Multiply that by three and you'll gain 84 attack power total.

For LW, a normal bracer enchant is 50 attack power. A LW bracer enchant is 130 attack power. So you have a net gain of 80 attack power.

Call me crazy, but it is in no way worth it to level an entirely new profession to gain 4 attack power.