10+ Year Old Account

Low survivability with my prot warrior, hints please

Oye ! I have noticed and sometimes healers even tell me that my hp is going down very fast. Im quite new with tanking so i dont know much really. Is there anything i can do (besides getting new better gear, i know its pretty mediocre :P) about it? If there is anything i didnt tell you that u have to know to be able to help, just ask.

Dont flame on my piercing howl specc x) im new and im experimenting ^^

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...per&cn=Maxthor
    Quote Originally Posted by christschinwon
    these isolated tracks really do show the playing warts & all which is a good thing. I'd hate to think that my musical heros were machine like perfectionists. Steve Harris is & will always be just a cockney geezer who also happens to be a fucking great bass player!

Re: Low survivability with my prot warrior, hints please

i dont see anything wrong with your gear the spikey dmg or large incoming chunks may have to do with your playing style simple as this,tanking is not only about keeping aggro and making sure everyone else takes as ittle dmg as possible it is also just as high a responsibility that you are taking as little dmg as possible, so next time you are tnaking have these things run through your head" what can i do to not take so much dmg"

1-is my shield block used everytime its up?
    2-is the mob debuffed with demo shout+TC?
    3-is the mob disarmable/stunnable? if so make sure it is
    4-is the dmg im currently taking too spikey? if it is dont hesitate to rotate your cooldowns rather than saving them for later which you may not need(unless it is needed to saved them for a specific fight mechanic)
    5-be aware of your positioning if mobs are behind you, you are not able to dodge/block/parry incoming attacks

all of these things are important mechanics that you need to always be aware of and will increase survivabilty by a huge margin. as to my personal prefrance concerning CD's i like to try and rotate them so i spend as little time as possible taking full hits without a CD up i hope these few things have helped if you have any other suggestions or questions feel free to state them =]

also if survivabilty is an issue its imperative you pick up 2/2 imp disciplines and pick up the shield wall and last stand glyph as both will help you rotate those CD's

One other thing you may want to consider is finding a good trinket with a use ability to help spread around time where you are defensively buffed. While the stam from the brewmaster's trinkets is nice. Sorry it's been a while since I played any of my tanks so I'm having trouble remembering any of the newer decent trinkets for this, but for example the Jade crab from JWC provided a very nice dodge buff when WOTLK was first released.

Hope this was helpful and GL.

A couple of things you could change with your gear/spec:

1. Put mongoose on your weapon. That would give you a bit more avoidance.
    2. Change your glove enchant to the engineering one (885 armor). It completely owns armsman.
    3. Try color matching sockets for big bonuses (9/12 stamina) with a gem that is useful.
    yellow: def/stam
    red: agil/dodge/stam
    4. Put straight armor on your cloak. Flexweave is nice but armor is better.
    5. Get gag order
    6. Cruelty is so-so there are better places to spend those 5 points
    7. I know you said something about piercing howl but there is no need to really have it. If you go that deep into fury it should be for Imp demo shout.
    8. Try out imp disciplines and glyph of shieldwall.
    9. Replace glyph of shockwave with shieldwall.
    10. Glyph of revenge isnt really needed anymore. There are better options there for you, especially as a new tank.
    11. Some people say the PVP shoulder enchant is better than the Hodir one. Might consider that.

As far as taking spikey damage, it at has to do with things other people have already mentioned. I can't really go into any more detail then they have already stated. Changing a few things with your gear and minmaxing/micromanaging your stuff will buffet out some spike damage as well.

10+ Year Old Account

thanks a lot for helping ! its exactly the kind of things i wanted to hear really. im considering everything u said, except for the cloak enchant, there is no way im getting rid of my parachute ;D

edit: o no... i wrote a reply for ulub and archereous aswell, but it seems to be gone -.- i really appreciated your help as well. There was a lot of things i had never thought about, so thanks ! spreading defensive buff time and rotating cds: awzum ! ;D im gonna get myself the dodge+armor trinket from triumphs now
    Quote Originally Posted by christschinwon
    these isolated tracks really do show the playing warts & all which is a good thing. I'd hate to think that my musical heros were machine like perfectionists. Steve Harris is & will always be just a cockney geezer who also happens to be a fucking great bass player!

Okay here's my Armory, copy my spec. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Unr%C3%BAly
    First and Foremost, if your healers are complaining of "spikey" damage, gemming avoidance is the last thing you want to be doing. Gem and enchant stam/armor to reduce your damage "spikyness."
    2) Pick up the 245 badge trinket called "Glyph of Indominability." That armor trinket is much better than your brewfest trinkets.
    3) Replacing your glove and cape enchants are a must if you want to raid. Sorry.
    4) Replace your weapon enchant with Blood Draining. It is best in slot for survivability.
    5) Glyph of Shield Wall > Glyph of Last stand in my opinion, but you can get both if you don't need to Glyph for Taunt.
    6) Get the PVP shoulder enchant, its better in slot than the Sons of Hodir one.
    7) Like I said matching sockets is a certain point (i.e. when your EH is enough to withstand 3 Hits from HM Professor), but you haven't reached that point yet. Gem Stam.

Not really that important, but since you don't have T10 4 set you should pick up Minor Glyph of Bloodrage.

i would say, get crafted chest, braces (245) and boots (226), and a new, better healer....

You could get that engineering +armor thing for your hands.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".