Does a hunter pet benefit from armor pen?

Does a hunter pet benefit from armor pen?
    stupid question but been curious about it.

Re: Does a hunter pet benefit from armor pen?

no.

pets benift from Ap, crit haste hit and expertise as far as i am aware

no crit no haste

Pets only inherit percentages of stam, armor, AP, and hit. They get their expertise from your hit (and you shouldn't be stacking expertise anyhow). Now, in terms of 'benefits' from your stats, they don't inherit your crit or haste, but because they get focus from your crits through GftT, in an indirect way, haste and crit do benefit your pet, insofar as the more crits you have (and the more crits over time), the more focus they will have. (That being said, the benefit for your pet of your haste in terms of increased crits per time is minute, especially given how focus drunk pets usually are.) Your pet's crit and haste will not be affected by your stats. All told, armor pen is the very weakest hunter stat for pet dps.

10+ Year Old Account

Without realising it I think uve opened up a whole new can of worms that blizz needs to address. Should pets benefit from more of our stats? As in scale more AP with agil and more haste and even arpen? I mean the pet got a little more complex with WotLK with talent trees and % increases with different types of pets. Should blizz make pets more interactive with hunter dps and hunter gear and stats in general?

"There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

hmm, well it kinda sucks that they don't, but whatever. thanks everyone

Your pet will not get the ArP from you, but as most of the damaging shots a BM Hunter uses are of the "physical" class. You might see bigger numbers coming from your damage.

They benefit from AP, Stam, Armour, hit (hit also translates to expertise for them, so they are expertise capped if you're hit capped), and I believe crit too.
    GC strongly hinted a couple of times, that they want to let pets scale with pretty much every damage increasing attribute a hunter has (especially for BM hunters)
    As cata stands now, pets scale from ap, stam, armour, hit (+exp), mastery, crit (?). That leaves haste, which hopefully they will add too.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

I assume the OP was speaking mainly from a BM perspective, where higher pet damage is important. I do agree with you if you talk about the other to trees though.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    It's easy to think "My pet doesn't benefit very much from my stats, that sucks", but it really isn't true. The more your pet benefits from your stats, the more dps it would do. This is actually bad for the hunter.

Because....The more dps your pet does, the weaker the hunter would have to become to address balancing issues.

If everything is balanced, every pure dps class would do, let's say 10k dps. This 10k dps is non-negotiable. It is balanced at 10k dps.

For a pet class, this 10k is split between his pet and the hunter. The only thing you can control is how much the pet does and how much the hunter does. But both must total 10k. eg. 6k hunter/4k pet or 2k hunter/8k pet

It is far, far better for pets to have lower dps, and for the hunter to remain strong. Not the other way around.
    that is a very good point wooshiewoo.

Deleted
    one offtopic q-how much hunter pet has AP at lvl 80,when hunters doesnt have any gear or talent?