Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Possible burst problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Solecoor
    Less dps stats on gear = free budget for more stamina. If you actually read and keep track of things, you'd of seen it mentioned countless times by Ghostcrawler.
    im sorry...but u saying that burst will almost be non-existent in pvp can't be true...cuz not everything that the devs plan happens kk : Burst will be possible in cata...who knows...

Hi,

Ya, I leveled an enhancement mid BC, then switched to elemental to fill a raid slot, and have been elemental ever since.

Not that I dislike massive LvBs, but much of the adjustment over the last year has been to tone back LvB. 20K crits were easy to get a year or so ago, and then came nerfs. I can just now seeing large crits again, but that is with many stacks of DFO and another on-use SP trinket. Adding 20% on top just seems, odd, given all of the adjustment over the last year.

(Definitely, no real conclusions until we see the whole deal. However, past trends leave me a bit uneasy.)

Peace,

Pendergrass

Quote Originally Posted by Pendergrass
    Hi,

Ya, I leveled an enhancement mid BC, then switched to elemental to fill a raid slot, and have been elemental ever since.

Not that I dislike massive LvBs, but much of the adjustment over the last year has been to tone back LvB. 20K crits were easy to get a year or so ago, and then came nerfs. I can just now seeing large crits again, but that is with many stacks of DFO and another on-use SP trinket. Adding 20% on top just seems, odd, given all of the adjustment over the last year.

(Definitely, no real conclusions until we see the whole deal. However, past trends leave me a bit uneasy.)

Peace,

Pendergrass

Well blizzard stated that a lot of damage is going to be revamped. It is in no way going to be the same in cat as it is now. They are increasing health dramatically, and damage and healing is not going to increase as much. Those 10k crits may only go up to 20k with this buff and new cat "ranks", while health is at 40-50k.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpowder
    im sorry...but u saying that burst will almost be non-existent in pvp can't be true...cuz not everything that the devs plan happens kk : Burst will be possible in cata...who knows...
    Stop looking in terms of black and white. Burst damage will always exist in the game, however its impact is what will be affected. Health pools will increase at a rate larger than that of damage output. What this means is that fights SHOULD last longer. Burst damage will still have an impact on winning and losing but on a smaller scale.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Sigh...Complaining before everything is even announced...It was just a preview, just to inform you. They only stated some of the new things you will get, but you are also forgetting, a lot of old stuff will disappear/change. For example, I'm fairly confident that, by judging what the blue posts have said about removing our "turretness", the 100% crit chance from LvB will be replaced with something that brings more utility and/or benefits us more in the long run (not saying it WILL happen, but I myself am pretty much expecting it). Thus, buffing the damage of fire spells with that, I'd see no problems in burst with that, were that change to happen ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden
    Sigh...Complaining before everything is even announced...It was just a preview, just to inform you. They only stated some of the new things you will get, but you are also forgetting, a lot of old stuff will disappear/change. For example, I'm fairly confident that, by judging what the blue posts have said about removing our "turretness", the 100% crit chance from LvB will be replaced with something that brings more utility and/or benefits us more in the long run (not saying it WILL happen, but I myself am pretty much expecting it). Thus, buffing the damage of fire spells with that, I'd see no problems in burst with that, were that change to happen ;p
    Not quite a complaint, but a puzzled look. (Although, one does taste the soup before it is done!)

Removing the autocrit and distributing the DPS into base damage would be very useful, since that would help with the scaling of crit. I haven't seen any statements to that effect. As well, being like a turret is more a statement about mobility than about LvB.

The Flametongue effect seems to be what one would want to work into the rotation, and would seem to be a new part of the main rotation.

Having a new 81'st level spell that simply resurrects the T9 bonus doesn't seem too original.

Thx!

Patience, and Peace,

Pendergrass

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    •Flametongue Weapon – Deals instant Fire damage and buffs the shaman's next Fire attack by 20%.
    this part is important its not just a 20% increase. If this dmg is high enough, then it is worth the gcd.
    this spell hast a pretty long cd and if flame shock works like the warlock dots:
    When reapplying a DoT, you can no longer "clip" the final tick. Instead, this will just add duration to the spell, similar to how Everlasting Affliction currently works.
    then you probably want to use it on flame shock
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Chances are it will just getting eaten up by your next auto attack when FT procs..

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Antiseptic
    Chances are it will just getting eaten up by your next auto attack when FT procs..
    That could be a bug when it first comes out, but I highly doubt that's the intent of the spell. the wording could be easily changed to "buffs the shaman's next fire spell by 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Pendergrass
    Not quite a complaint, but a puzzled look. (Although, one does taste the soup before it is done!)

Removing the autocrit and distributing the DPS into base damage would be very useful, since that would help with the scaling of crit. I haven't seen any statements to that effect. As well, being like a turret is more a statement about mobility than about LvB.
    Yup it means that you will only do dps while you stand, but also, while you stand you burst a lot. So, instead of critting, it may be something to do with reduced cast times/spell A becoming instant when B happens, I don't know. And as I said, I merely expect it to come, if my expectation is wrong, then buuhuu ;p
    And hmm yeah, shouldn't have said "complaining" ;p A bit too strong word perhaps to use in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bertugolu
    Unleash Weapon (level 81): Unleashes the power of your weapon enchants for additional effects (see below). A dual-wielding Enhancement shaman will activate the effects of both of their weapon enchants. .
    It seems you are missing that. Its for enh shamans, not elemental
    Its for all specs, you have a resto effect also.

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    Its for all specs, you have a resto effect also.
    umm...is it just me or am i reading it wrong...we know it's usable with all specs...but only enhancement shammys get to use the proc from both of their weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpowder
    umm...is it just me or am i reading it wrong...we know it's usable with all specs...but only enhancement shammys get to use the proc from both of their weapons.
    It is just you, only enhancement shamans use both weapons and it isn't in any way bad for the other specs.