10+ Year Old Account

[Ele] What's worse: MP5 or Spirit?

So, here's my Shaman:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ght&cn=Raimeus

As you can see, he's just an alt. However, back in BC, he was my main. I really do enjoy the class, but it's been a while since I've really taken it seriously.

Right now I'm no longer raiding, my schedule just doesn't work out too well with my guild. That doesn't mean I don't want to just stop getting gear on my Shaman. I'm trying to find some upgrades outside of a raid. So far I know I want:

- The caster neck from H FoS
    - The ToC tailor cloth bracers
    - The caster trinket from H PoS

That just leaves me with rings and the 2nd trinket. I've been thinking about getting the Triumph emblem caster trinket, but how good is it really for Elemental? And then there's the rings. The vendor rings either have spirit or MP5 on them.

So what I'm asking is, which rings should I get for my Shaman?

Re: [Ele] What's worse: MP5 or Spirit?

Spirit gives shaman.... Nothing.

MP5 gives shamans.... mana regeneration

So, nothing or mana regen? Your pick

In cataclysm mp5 will be turned into spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

well hit for ele shammies actually.

manareg for restos

10+ Year Old Account

In cataclysm mp5 will be turned into spirit.
    And spirit will be hit (:

edit: ^ that guy said it before me, i don't usually check when "Someone posted a response" before me.. Ah well

to answer the OP question, if you have to choose out of the two mp5 is better, but obviously still pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesz

Exactly. Therefore there is no point handicapping yourself now by choosing spirit over MP5.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Get the Ashen Verdict rings. Yes technically you have to raid but its just farming a few mobs then resetting. See if you can get a rep farm pug.

Rings? Easy, get the rep ring and the tirin kor ring, both itemized perfect for elemental shamans. (Note, if you cannot afford the kirin tor ring, there is a drop from 10 man princes that is also great, and not that hard to get to in say a pug)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wesz

edit: ^ that guy said it before me, i don't usually check when "Someone posted a response" before me.. Ah well

to answer the OP question, if you have to choose out of the two mp5 is better, but obviously still pretty pointless.
    Yeah, I know both the spirit and MP5 vendor rings aren't that hot for Elemental, I'm just looking for the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru
    Yeah, I know both the spirit and MP5 vendor rings aren't that hot for Elemental, I'm just looking for the lesser of two evils.
    Get the haste ring even though it has spirit. And like someone said ICC rep runs for that ring is even better. It is a nice ring. For a second trinket do Sarth and Ulduar pugs if possible for the trinket from 25 Sarth, and from Razorscale 10 man. Both easily puggable. If you can't do that then the one in POS is still decent better than the badge one.

This work of art was made by Paz.

Actually over this past weekend I gave in and bought the Emblem of Triumph caster ring for my ele shaman... I was sick and tired of using the stupid rings from heroic CoS and heroic UK.

I always prided myself on getting gear that didn't have any wasted stats, but since I don't raid anymore and there are no better rings outside of raiding, i bought the ring to replace the ring I've been wearing...

So the total improvement is 39 more spell power, 1 more haste, and about 40 spirit *sigh*