Poll: Do you want a pet?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Hunters - Do you want a pet?

So, I noticed that some Hunters don't like their pets and actually would prefer to have pets removed. I wanted to get a estimate of how many. Also, provide a reason of why you do or don't like pets.

I voted Yes. I like pets, they are the most unique and customizable part of the Hunter class, even if the AI is a little backwards at times. I think hunters who don't like Pets should just reroll, because they made a Hunter for the wrong reasons. But that's my opinion, everyone has their own.

Re: Hunters - Do you want a pet?

there proberly a burden when raiding but when it comes to instincing and questing (solo) there a very good thing

just my 2 cents

15+ Year Old Account

So they don't want pets AFTER or BEFORE they stopped leveling?
    Sure leveling without a pet should be a pain

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    hunters who don't like Pets should just reroll, because they made a Hunter for the wrong reasons.
    this.

no need for the discussion tbh.
    | Youtube: Haylen Games! | Twitter: @Haylengames |

Quote Originally Posted by Haylen
    this.

no need for the discussion tbh.
    Perhaps it is true, but I've also seen few good reasons of why people don't like pets. Which, I hope, will be the cause of a good productive discussion.

If they want a ranged without the pet then go reroll something an arcane mage or something.
    Pets is something that gives the hunter some sort of unique touch, even if every other hunter is running around with a wolf. Myself, I'm running around with the Ramparts wolf. It's smexy and not that common

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon
    there proberly a burden when raiding but when it comes to instincing and questing (solo) there a very good thing

just my 2 cents
    They're really not a burden when raiding. Just make sure they don't aggro extra mobs by mistake - which isn't a hard thing to do (stick it on passive), and that's it. In raiding they're pretty much unkillable now that they're virtually immune to AOE damage - even when the raid wipes the pet despawns because I've died before he gets targetted and dies.

they should reroll, and pets are pretty much the most important thing for a hunter

In its current form its a burden. I wish there wasn't a BM spec taking all of the pet attention instead of 3 specs with equal emphasis on pets.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar899
    they should reroll, and pets are pretty much the most important thing for a hunter
    this + need bigger stable -_-

If anything, I feel that I don't have enough pets lol.
    I can't wait for extended stables in Cata
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Wen i see a hunter that refuses to use a pet I die a little inside.

If you dont want a pet and want to be ranged go melee since alle ranged have some sort of pet. some are sucky but pet is a pet.

Why in the world would you play a hunter if you didn't want to manage a pet? Hunter's are THE pet class, I don't care if other classes have pets or not. If you don't want a pet roll an arcane mage, same pew pew, no pet. They'll pry my wolf from my cold dead hands.

I don't see why it would hurt people who like pets that people had the option to play a hunter without a pet if they felt like it.

"You are a hunter, if you don't like pets, reroll mage" = "You are a paladin, if you don't want to heal, reroll warrior"
    To some degree at least.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxaria
    this + need bigger stable -_-
    fixed in cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account

This is a silly thread. Cant really say anything else after all the posts before me. U know wat the class brings. Why QQ about it? Its as easy as playing another class .
    As I stated in an earlier thread I made: Thanks for playing a hunter!
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

I would have liked an option similar to BC Destruction Warlock with the sacrifice in Demo for a damage buff.
    Jaime the Famous Warlock. Ravenholdt-US, reppin' my hood.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeRavenholdt
    I would have liked an option similar to BC Destruction Warlock with the sacrifice in Demo for a damage buff.
    Yeh but pets are more of our companions. Whilst lock demons are more like slaves.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Crikey! Yeah if there was a 'must have' buff that I could get by sacrificing my poor doggy I think I would actually stop playing my hunter because I wouldn't be able to do that!

the hunter's utility and playstyle is largely based around the use of a pet and was made to be that way, but I'm not going to cry if I see a MM spec that can remove the pet in exchange for some damage buff. I would sure use it.