Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lich King's last 10%

Since the Lich King pretty much becomes incapacitated at 10%, what would happen if you just leave him there? Would he break free (hard to believe since Frostmourne is shattered) or would he just wait? Since i haven't gotten to kill (or fight) the Lich King yet, could anyone perhaps try this out and report the results?

Re: Lich King's last 10%

he breaks free, thanks everyone for coming, bakes a batch of cookies and shares them aound.

THEY HAS RASINS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Your logic has no place in a sea of unfounded nerdrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    Sir I am going to have to ask you to calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Nope I see the objective the reward and I charge out with my penis erect, ready for the action!
    For the first 15 minutes you are staring at a black screen, the next 30 minutes you are watching monkeys throw poo at each other. That's 45 minutes of complete nonsense.

I have heard that 60 seconds after the res arthas will cast a knockback and wipe the raid if he isn't dead yet, but I can't really be bothered to confirm it.

I thought that Tirion would finish him off alone if you were to leave him, ofcourse if everyone left the instance he would obviously reset :P

wowwiki says:
    "Should your raid decide not to accept Terenas Menethil's ressurection Tirion Fordring will melee the Lich King to death over the course of about an hour. You will still get loot."
    Some weird people seem to have tried it.

So I would guess there is no hidden time limit. Bringing LK down to 10% is Win.

Hmmm I think this calls for a video fo proof
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

I like to try this

Icecrown Citadel was merely a setback
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericdaroude
    Icecrown Citadel was merely a setback
    Swing and a miss.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

Failing After 10% Is Impossible

Spoilers blablabla spoilers

There's no way to fail after getting the LK to 10% :O

You can't release while the Fury of Frostmourne debuff is up (It fades as soon as Tirion does his little jump. So beware about trying to release there)
    pic1

Also after getting ressed you can't fail. There is no 1 minute enrage or anything. Tirion and Terenas will finish him off
    pic2

Also he doesn't reset if you kill the entire raid after 10%.
    You won't get ressed if you release after the Fury of Frostmourne debuff fades.

Edit: changed pics to links. --Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

Re: Failing After 10% Is Impossible

*Server Crash. World Server is Down* you lose

Deleted

You forgot the most important part (As shown in Paragons video.) You CAN ankh and start DPS'ing the Lich King before you get "ressed"

10+ Year Old Account

what about jumping off the frozen throne?!
    ....................................................................................

15+ Year Old Account

It was funny last night though. After we got LK to 10%, the RP went off as usual. Terion jumped, and our Enhancement Shaman anked. Popped his wolves then turned around and jumped off the ledge. needless to say he didn't get rezzed by Terion and we all laughed at him for his stupidity.

IF the entire raid dies during the Fury of Frostmourne cast, the LK can indeed despawn. It may depend partly on server communication, but it can happen. Dying during that two seconds is the equivalent of a 0% 2k health wipe basically.

10+ Year Old Account

wasnt this like already obvious...?
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

It is actually possible to 'fail' after 10%.
    We were finishing out meta-achievement for the drakes one night, before they removed the vile spirit one.
    I was sent into the frostmourne room, and upon being teleported out i was under a spirit and it exploded on me, we continued to get LK to 10% and as we were all dead i checked recount and saw damage from the bla bla explosion.
    ANYWAY
    We all jumped off and after about 5 min waiting outside, we just ran back in to see LK sitting merrily on his throne ready for round 2.
    So i guess you gotta be outside the instance for him to reset past the 10% point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    Well, apparently not too obvious, judging from the fact that there've been like 3 threads about what happens if you dont kill the LK past 10%.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

I actually expected LK HM to have some special, additional phase after 10%. Would've been a very funny suprise for Paragon.

'LOL P4 NOW LASZER OUT OF MY EYES EVRY 0.2 SECCC HARDEST ENCOUNTER INGAME LIKE IT SHOULD BE'