Thread: GUNS?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: GUNS?

My idea for pistols was they come as a set, as in two pistols take up the ranged slot on your character as a single item, that way they can easily be balanced against each other and still use the same skill set as a normal gun (not that this matters much soon)

Having it work like a dual wield melee weapons would be neater as far as customization, but it would be a serious headache to balance.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zerø
    I think it's a pretty nice idea, and with the removing of ammunition for bows/rifles/crossbows in Cataclysm, I say, why not? It doesn't have to be all that difficult when it comes to mechanics, like two different pistols, damage output for each individually, etc.

If Blizzard ever implements pistols, it's probably going to be a fast firing gun template with low damage, with the only difference being the animation i.e. your character will be dual-wielding two pistols and firing them. It would still be classified as a rifle. Seeing as weapon skills are also being eliminated from the game in Cataclysm, I don't see a real reason why this idea is that bad.
    So if the only difference is animation, where's the benefit to invest the development time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengu
    yeah i totaly agree and because there are so mant hunters out there that dont want to play with there pet why not make a tree with no pet or very low pet dmg and dual-wield pistols? cant be to hard imo... but what do i know im just an amateur when it comes to mechanics :P
    I believe Marksman and Survival already cover "very low pet dmg", or at minimum very low pet dependance. So again, it's a purely aesthetic change that doesn't warrant the time it would require to create.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

if hunters got it i want my imp to dual wield them. and at the same time to shoot fire from his mouth !!

that would be nice ;D

I kill two gnomes in da morning,
    I kill two gnomes at night,
    I kill two gnomes in the afternoon, and than I feel alright.
    I kill two gnomes in time of peace and two in time of war,
    I kill two gnomes before I kill two gnomes, and then I kill two more.

10+ Year Old Account

Now that would be a little bit harder. But it could be possible, look at Death Knights. Flipping over Blood to pure tanking is going to be done, so why shouldn't let's say...Survival hunters be able to spec into pistols and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm
    dual wield guns? even they gonna be revolver-like (in fantasy universe? oh, screw it, guns don't really fit in fantasy setting anyway), how are you gonna reload them? with your... erm... okay... mabe, but such reloading would require the game to have rating "M". and female hunters wouldn't be able to wield them then...

i'm not even saying that from realistic point of view (yes, yes, i know its a game), dual-wialding pistols is pure nonsense
    Well simply enough because it's a fantasy world. Hell, in Cata we'll be able to shoot an infinite amount of arrows or bullets without having to get the ammo for it. Have you seen most TBC guns from endgame raids? They look like something from another world ("Duh", I know), so why wouldn't pistols be possible?

As to "the only difference", read the whole sentence, what I was referring to is the basic idea of a fast firing rifle -> Low damage, fast firing. Less development time has been invested in stuff that people whine and complain about nowadays as well, like how the T9 armor looks and how it's pretty much the same for all plate/mail/leather/cloth wearers.

15+ Year Old Account

No.. It's ugly, If I want Dual Pistols, I'll go play some other weird game with weapons and stuff..

But I would love to see more Crossbows / Bows / Guns in wow, or same stats but Bow or Gun or something.
    ALTF4.

If they did implement it they could split up the trees similar to how they split up DKs.

Beast Mastery - Focus on pets and pet damage. Could use 2h ranged weapons or DW ranged, damage wouldn't be as dependent on it as the other specs.
    Marksmanship - Similar to what it is now, focus on 2h ranged with spells/talents that scale way better with 2h than DW.
    Survival - Again, similar to what it is now but with a focus on DW ranged weapons. A talent like (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=66192) so shots and stuff hit with both weapons. Maybe a shorter range to make up for the fast attack speed in PVP if needed.

If it didn't work like that they could do something along the lines of what they did in Phantasy Star online with each ranged weapon type having a unique bonus too it. 2h weapons could have a slightly better range and slower attack speed, DW could have a shorter range and a faster attack speed (or something like short bursts with a reload time.) I know they couldn't have too much distinction between the various kinds of 2h ranged weapons because people would min/max and just go for the weapon that was slightly better in the spreadsheets.

Ehh, just an Idea. Would be cool though.

If warriors can build enough muscles to dual-wield two handers in 60 levels, why shouldnt a hunter be able to reload his weapon with a single hand in 85? They could make it an enchantment, like "allows you to equip this weapon in your offhand, but reduces the damage of your auto attacks by X% (making it unattractive for non-huntrds). That enchantment would also explain why you would reload your weps like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f1ybD5-mNk

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512
    My idea for pistols was they come as a set, as in two pistols take up the ranged slot on your character as a single item, that way they can easily be balanced against each other and still use the same skill set as a normal gun (not that this matters much soon)

Having it work like a dual wield melee weapons would be neater as far as customization, but it would be a serious headache to balance.
    My idea was something similar to this. If they wanted to be really lazy, they could just have an animation of dual-pistols but the same DPS as any other ranged weapon.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

The pistols could easily fit into Azeroth. They would be very steam-punk in style. Goblins and Gnomes could easily make them.

"We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

I like curent guns.
    The stupid BANG sound needs to go though dammit. >
    Nesingwary 4000 looks like a reaking high-tech weapon.So naturally i'd like sound different and maybe a visual effect to go with the particle ( pew pew ). They can keep damage as it is , all i ask is cosmetical and would keep all QQers about OPness away.

Geif me :

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

and what about weapon "dual pistols" 1 slot, penalty to hit and so on

guns are ewwwww for hunters...they are for warriors....bows are for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Then there will be people asking for two one handed bows, and I mean: How will you shoot them, with your teeth?
    Makes no sense - thus no guns. ;D
    No see, only trolls could duel wield bows and they'd shoot them with their feet (that's where troll feet come in handy)

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Vraizan
    No see, only trolls could duel wield bows and they'd shoot them with their feet (that's where troll feet come in handy)

HAH

I HOPE Ruby Sanctum will have guns, but knowing Blizzard, it wont or the damn Trolls will QQ.

Trolls: Dwarves had guns just about this entire expansion.
    Dwarves: Well, you Trolls had the BOW CRUSADE. Did I mention the Legendary Bow? ...hic!

Guns don't kill people (bows do).

I doubt this will happen. And I don't like the idea of it either. things like that will make the game go down the drain for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengu
    I want to start to appologise if this topic allredy exists but i couldent find it anywhere

I like the ide of guns for hunters.

Faster shots but lower dmg ^^
    Like dual-wield but with range weps.

Have you guys heard anything from like blue-posts where blizzard announces anything about this?

Good or bad news it dont matter just want to know

What do you guys/girls think of this ide?
    WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING
    "What do you guys/girls think of this ide?" yeah i don't understand and no you will never be able to duel-wield guns in the game unless they put pistols into the mix of Wow
    I am Ban'dinoriel to the light and to your death
    (Gate keeper)

The only reason I think this won't happen is that Blizzard would need to come up with new animations for every race that can roll a hunter and they are too lazy to do so for a limited, mostly cosmetic upgrade.

If they ever do feel like caving in to the John Woo / Matrix fanboys and do so, they could add it with minimal effort by having dual handguns combined into one ranged weapon with twice the weapon speed and dps balanced to keep it on the same level as other items of the same item level. (ie: instead of 3.0sec attack speed, drop it to 1.5sec and reduce low/top ends to end up with the same dps as any other bow/xbow/rifle of identical item level.) They might need to add a damage penalty tho to make it unattractive to raid with or we'd all end up forced to use them for autoshot procs >.>;; Could be fun to pop RF+Heroism/Bloodlust/etc with a weapon like that tho, just imagine being a BM hunter loaded with haste gear too... 0.1sec autoshots ftw XD (this would be why they would probably need a damage penalty compared to other weapons.

Imagine dual wielding this beast

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29949#screenshots:id=158160

I had this idea before, would be amazing