Gushing Wounds Mechanics

This is NOT a qq thread.

This thread is meant to determine the uses and inter-dependencies of Gushing Wounds

1. Will Gushing Wounds and Rend be allowed on the same target at the same time, or will we be restricted to 1 bleed effect per target?

2. Will Gushing Wounds work with TfB (aka will it proc an Overpower)?

Re: Gushing Wounds Mechanics

1. I'm imagining that there might be a restriction. The way it's worded, "Gushing Wound is designed to be weaker than Rend with one stack, but better with three stacks, which will be reached when fighting a moving target", makes me think that it's supposed to be a tactical choice.

2. I see no reason why it shouldn't, presuming that UA stays in it's current form.

As far as I could see, there hasn't been any word on any of these question yet. So what I've written above is merely how I foresee it working.

im in concurrence with mushroombob. i think itd be a little op to have both rend and gw on one target. i think it may be possible to have rend applied on one mob, and then have another with gw. that sounds perfectly feasible.

that being said, itd only be smart for them to have tfb work off of gw if you can only have one or the other on said target.

If they didn't specifically say that Gushing Wounds is supposed to synergize with Rend...then I would assume at the moment that it doesn't work with TfB. Furthermore I would assume that inital plans would have it stacking with Rend. Whether this makes it to expansion in its current form is another matter.

They pretty much listed most of the synergies of the new talents...they went into great detail on Heroic Leap on what talents would affect it, and specifically that at the moment the plans are for it to share a CD with charge...but that it may change to a longer CD with its current idea.

Personally I don't think they've actually implemented either talent into the game yet...so until someone acutally logs their arms warrior into the beta for the first time...no one will know.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

It doesn't say anywhere that Gushing Wound and Rend won't stack. I assume they will.
    The Blizzard text only compared Gushing Wound to Rend to give an idea of the relative strength of the DoT.

It had better stack with rend.. i wasnt thinking it wouldnt but now i realise its prob something they'll do -.-