Leveling a warlock

hello! I've started lvling a warlock and i got a few questions if you please to answers:how do i play as demonology? i corrupt + immolate each mob and shadowbolt? or should i just shadowbolt?When i will get incinerate( i am 51 atm) what should i use?-How should i lvl as demonology?

Re: Leveling a warlock

Send in your Felguard, cast CoA and Corr on it's mob, then dot up another mob while the felguard is doing it's thing. Drain tank anything that tries to screw with you until the felguard's done. If things get dicey, have it intercept the mob that's on you.

Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

hmm so no shadowbolt / immolate and soul fire? decimate looks good :P

I know you have said that you are levelling as Demonology but I think you should take a lookie at the levelling guide that Gherkin made. It's in the Warlock compilation sticky at the top of the forum but I've got it here for you;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-warlock/(guide)-warlock-leveling/ - Seems I am championing this guide as I know I've posted about using this before. (Oh, does that mean I am a Gherkin fan boy? Mmm, only if they are on cheese burgers perhaps :P )

Check it out, you may be pleasantly surprised.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Same as above, stick to demo if you want, but gawd, spec affliction already :P

It pretty much looks like this from 50+:

Get to your quest zone, corruption+unstable affliction mobs as you run around and haunt/drain life if needed. You will never run out of mana or hp. You basically take a walk through the place, mount back up and turn in your quest.

I've got every class on 75+ and warlock was the easiest, funnest and fastest to level. I /pity the demo warlocks playing around with the silly felguard. I used my offspec demo only once, for the big elite fella in dragonblight(alliance).

15+ Year Old Account

All of the above is true, but the leveling guide does have a brief section on leveling as demonology. Meta and Decimation are must-have talents if you want to stay demonology. The goal is to proc decimation and then spam it as fast as you can so you can maintain it. One soul fire crit will push a mob from 100% to 30% easily, meaning your next cast refreshes Decimation for you to go again.

Meta is there for when you just feel like watching shit explode around you. Meta, Immolation Aura, Rain of Fire (hellfire doesn't do enough damage) in a pack of 6 mobs and they all drop.

Affliction/Demonology is a "set and forget" dot spec.
    Meta/Decimation/Destruction is a nuke spec.

Both are viable.

R.I.P. YARG

Demo is impossible to play until you hit 60. After 60 cast corruption on as many targets as you can, let them get close to you, pop meta+immolation aura and rofl as they all die in a few seconds. Also do lots of AVs. If the other side is turtling pop Meta+Immo aura and run in the middle of them. I got like 15 kills at once doing that. Its perfect for wiping people at Bal/Galv

Go for 51 points demo to get the felguard(consider demonic resilience) and then go affli for imp life tap, soul siphon, siphin life and nightfall. Thing is you can solo almost every single one elite monster you come across using VW. For regular mobs dot 5-6 at a time and drain tank some while felguard tanks some and cleaves most of the mobs. You will drain more life than you lose from life tap and hits so the only time you stop your train of massacre is to loot. For elites, summon your VW and send him to start aggro, apply CoW or CoA, Corr and maybe Immolate to slowly do dps (so you can keep your aggro low) and channel between Drain Life and Health Funnel. This technique works wonders against any Elite in Northrend for even 5-man quests (well except the big dragon in dragonblight and stronger). Yup demonology is the only spec that can solo the stronger creatures out there, affli may be slighly quicker at groups of mobs.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...Jslr5,RX,11723

PS. you dont have to cast sb for decimate just use the proc of nightfall

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    Demo is impossible to play until you hit 60.
    DoT spam demonology is harder to play until 60. Nuke spam demonology works just fine.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Just logged onto my bank alt on my old realm, a level 8 warlock and got a bit of a shock.

Since the 3.3.3 Life Tap change from spirit into spellpower, life tap is now incredibly weak at low levels. Normal players, who do not get much spellpower until level 20 ish, are screwed.

My current tooltip reads "Converts 47 Heath into 2 Mana". Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Just logged onto my bank alt on my old realm, a level 8 warlock and got a bit of a shock.

Since the 3.3.3 Life Tap change from spirit into spellpower, life tap is now incredibly weak at low levels. Normal players, who do not get much spellpower until level 20 ish, are screwed.

My current tooltip reads "Converts 47 Heath into 2 Mana". Ouch.
    They are making regen changes so that at low levels (sub 40 or so) you regen much more quickly.

I am leveling my lock as affliction and it is the easiest thing. When in dungeons i put CoA, Corruption and Unstable Affliction on all the mobs. When I am soloing I put CoA, Corruption and Unstable Affliction on all the mobs. The amount of like I gain via siphon life is greater than the damage mobs too. I can handle 5 mobs that are within 3 levels on myself with no problem. If I end up grabbing more than that, I use my VW's Sacrifice to absorb damage. Pop the instant Howl of Terror, If things are really bad I always have healthstone, fear and drain life as backups. When my lock was lower levels (up to level 30) I would never stop running, I just put CoA and Corruption on everything and the mobs died before they got to me or after they hit me once or twice. If I leveled another lock, I would change NOTHING

Attack with Felguard.
    Corruption + CoA.
    Immolate + Incinerate or Health Funnel (with Improved talent) if it is a strong mob.
    Demonology is easiest to level if you have Felguard + Shadow Mastery (Affliction) which lets your damage heal you (Siphon Life) and your demon (Fel Synergy).