Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Proud to be a pally

I'm afraid the point of this thread has been lost. It was never intended to be Paladins are awesome, or only Paladins have a difference between mediocre, good, and great. Every class has stark differences between skilled and idiotic players. IMO seeing this post by Paragon was refreshing since forums are typically filled with comments about how all paladins are facerollers, or a face rolling fotm pally can do as good as any other pally.

Imagine a metaphor if you will, of sports. Let's say that team A is always commented on as being fail or scrub(imagine the Detroit Lions if you are a fan of American football) then a game happens where that team is on the ball and pulls off some awesome plays that win the game. Sure other teams have awesome epic wins as well, and this one win won't send the Lions to the Super Bowl, but is it really so wrong for a Lion's fan to take pride in what their team accomplished? I am a pally, I love playing my pally, and so when there was a fight where the Paladin's true potential was shown I took pride in it, and posted this on the PALADIN forums.

So here's to you Mr. Paladin-who-plays-his-class-to-the-fullest-extent-of-their-abilities-guy
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    I'm afraid the point of this thread has been lost. It was never intended to be Paladins are awesome, or only Paladins have a difference between mediocre, good, and great. Every class has stark differences between skilled and idiotic players. IMO seeing this post by Paragon was refreshing since forums are typically filled with comments about how all paladins are facerollers, or a face rolling fotm pally can do as good as any other pally.

Imagine a metaphor if you will, of sports. Let's say that team A is always commented on as being fail or scrub(imagine the Detroit Lions if you are a fan of American football) then a game happens where that team is on the ball and pulls off some awesome plays that win the game. Sure other teams have awesome epic wins as well, and this one win won't send the Lions to the Super Bowl, but is it really so wrong for a Lion's fan to take pride in what their team accomplished? I am a pally, I love playing my pally, and so when there was a fight where the Paladin's true potential was shown I took pride in it, and posted this on the PALADIN forums.

So here's to you Mr. Paladin-who-plays-his-class-to-the-fullest-extent-of-their-abilities-guy
    First, Pallies haven't been the Detroit Lions of WoW for a while. Maybe more like the Saints, we used to be wretched, started to get better, were/are very good at the moment, sometimes can be at the top, probably won't "repeat" as the best but still will be pretty good. LoL, I think that is a better team to compare us to. Plus, its the Saints, their sorta holy and all, so it goes good with us. Haha.

Also, I lol'd at the "Here's to you...". Nice one.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted

To all the people saying paladins is a 4 button class ;D

Ofcourse there is depth and more buttons you just got to have some brains!

Im also proud of being a paladin! ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    Real men of genius.....