Arcane gemming and enchants

So i am getting alot of comments about my gemming and enchants and that some could be changed to max out my dps.
    Therefore i am looking for some tips on what enchants to get on each piece of gear and what gems that should be changed.

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...maw&cn=Elandia

Re: Arcane gemming and enchants

Mage pve faq, sticky in this very forum, will tell you what you need to know.

You're way over the hit cap, you're glyphed arcane missiles instead of barrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zeromus
    One time a ret pally crit me so hard that my character exploded and killed all my alts

10+ Year Old Account

Completely the wrong gem in your helm. You should be picking up the crit gem for that. You also should really not be gemming for pure haste. Otherwise, you should be gemming red in all of your slots other than to satisfy your meta gem requirements.

Forgot to mention that you would likely benefit more from tuskarrs vitality on your boots, especially if you're hit capped. The minimal amount of crit on the boots really doesn't make up for not taking the 8% movement increase. It seemed ridiculous to me at first, but once you put some thought into it, it all makes sense. Just consider how often you tend to move, giving maybe Rotface as an example. 8% faster movement means 8% faster to getting back to what you were doing in the first place.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

The PvE faq has all the important stuff in it, even though we're telling you what you should change, i would still recommend reading it for future reference.

@ Amul... that's backwards.

The list:
    - 12sp and 10 haste goes in yellow sockets
    - Head, Meta should be Chaotic Skyflare.
    - Belt, swap 20haste for 12sp/10haste and put a 23sp in the prismatic socket
    - Legs, if you're gonna miss the socket bonus, do 2x 23sp instead.
    - Feet, you don't need the hit, so 23sp. Change enchant to Tuskarr's.
    - Wrists, Superior Spellpower. (or get Bejeweled Wizards Bracers made ~1.2k ish)
    - Shoulders, 23sp
    - Chest, 12sp and 10spirt, 23sp. Powerful Stats (+10 all) instead of Super Stats (+8)
    - Back, Enchant should be Lightweave
    - Get Abyssal Rune instead of Fetish of Volatile power.
    - Change glyph's to Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles, leave Molten Armor.
    - Dump 3/3 Student of the Mind and Slow, put 2/2 into Magic Absorption and 2/2 into Magic Attuenment. (Unless you really need slow)
    - Move the 2points from Ice Shards into Frost Warding.

That's all I see, also get Rawr. http://rawr.codeplex.com/

EDIT: Spellinz is hard

thanks for that really great answer ^

And don't really bother going for a blue gem/12 sp + 10 spirit if the bonus is only 5 SP because you don't really need spirit.
    dot dot dot ...

Quote Originally Posted by amul
    You're way over the hit cap, you're glyphed arcane missiles instead of barrage.
    You are in no position what so ever to give that advice. Suggest you open your own Please help me thread, so I can tell you to read the FAQ.

TO OP:

Your Glyphs are Wrong.

Arcane Blast, Molten Armour and Arcane Missiles. Those are the absolute Glyphs you MUST have to be arcane and perform well.

You need to correct this before you think about doing anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.