Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Is that it, or I dont know how to play druid tank?

Charging a caster as bear is bad. Because, you probaply want to interrupt him to position him properly... but bearcharge roots your target, so its completly useless

Deleted

For some reasons, I just love to see my big fat bear running like hell to that mob ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    That's probably a bad idea all around since you're likely to eat a melee swing + 300% damage cleave if the other tanks are far enough behind you.
    Not particularly. He doesn't use Saber Lash till a bit into the fight. Would be rather harsh if he used it on the first hit as you'll always need to arrange yourselves as both tanks and healers.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath
    In general, don't charge. Yer not a warrior. It's a common mistake, but whereas for Warriors charge generates Rage, it'll cost you Rage as Bear. And seeing how yer not getting beat on just yet, it'll rage starve you at the most awkward time of all.
    I use feral charge on a lot of pulls and I've never had an issue of being out of rage after a feral charge pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath
    Not particularly. He doesn't use Saber Lash till a bit into the fight. Would be rather harsh if he used it on the first hit as you'll always need to arrange yourselves as both tanks and healers.
    Or do like our warrior did the first night in ICC; charge and drag him to the back wall while the other tanks/healers are playing catch up. He died in a greasy smear of glory.

To the OP, yes a macroed Maul will eat up a lot of rage. I like to add a little flexibility to it with my layout:
    1-Swipe/Maul
    2-Mangle
    3-Maul
    4-Lacerate/Maul

This lets me have some control over when I Maul if I ever find I'm rage-starved (i.e. heroics). You can still queue up Maul whenever you want (I tend to hit 2 & 3 together a lot since rage is rarely an issue) but it lets you not Maul if you ever find yourself low and not wanting to risk it. Its not the best method since you still mash keys at times, but I like to have that amount of control. That being said, I could probably change this now since I'm rarely rage-starved, but I keep it because I like to keep my Enrage for the 4T10 cooldown.