MoveAnything
    Outfitter
    Pitbull4
    Postal
    RatingBuster
    Recount
    SBF
    TipTac

I'm curious about areas that I can improve or that there are better mods for me nowadays. My current questions lie in the following:

Is MSBT That necessary now that Blizzard has updated the in-game SCT so much?
    Is Broker still the best or has FuBar retaken the lead? I'm looking for a snazzy way to organize small information, but Chocolate Bars doesn't have an ability to disable right-click out of combat (very annoying)

FONTS! I looooove cool fonts but can't seem to find a way to get them into the game. Default and Fritz Quatra are getting very, very old.

Re: My own personal hell - The Minimalist Healer

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest
    I'm a UI Minimilast

This is what I currently use:

AucitonLite, Chinchilla Minimap, FishingAce, IceHUD, Mapster, MSBT, Outfitter, Pitbull4, Recount, SBF, TipTac
    Minimalist and the addons listed above don't really fit into same paragraph :P

Auction addon you can probably ditch from raid char and load only on bank alt, Recount is useless for healers (and one of the heaviest addons around), TipTac is useless for healer, either Pitbull or IceHUD can go since both do pretty much the same thing, map addon probably not needed, MSBT probably not needed, Chinchilla not needed for healing, and the game has built-in equipment swapper which might obsolete Outfitter for you.

One interesting piece that fixed my addon hell is thing called Addon Control Panel. You can use it to turn addons on/off while WoW is running without relogging, even whole lists of addons quickly based on presets you can make.

Is Broker still the best or has FuBar retaken the lead? I'm looking for a snazzy way to organize small information, but Chocolate Bars doesn't have an ability to disable right-click out of combat (very annoying)
    MSBT question depends on what you use it for. If you want to see procs, you can set SBF for that job also. Cascade can be nice alternative to MSBT depending on what you're looking for. For broker display there are tons of alternatives, I use ButtonBin. Right-clicking sounds like you could just move the whole broker bar into another part of the screen far away from Grid (bottom if grid is on top, and vice versa) to fix that problem easily.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Minimalist and the addons listed above don't really fit into same paragraph :P

Auction addon you can probably ditch from raid char and load only on bank alt, Recount is useless for healers (and one of the heaviest addons around), TipTac is useless for healer, either Pitbull or IceHUD can go since both do pretty much the same thing, map addon probably not needed, MSBT probably not needed, Chinchilla not needed for healing, and the game has built-in equipment swapper which might obsolete Outfitter for you.

One interesting piece that fixed my addon hell is thing called Addon Control Panel. You can use it to turn addons on/off while WoW is running without relogging, even whole lists of addons quickly based on presets you can make.

MSBT question depends on what you use it for. If you want to see procs, you can set SBF for that job also. Cascade can be nice alternative to MSBT depending on what you're looking for. For broker display there are tons of alternatives, I use ButtonBin. Right-clicking sounds like you could just move the whole broker bar into another part of the screen far away from Grid (bottom if grid is on top, and vice versa) to fix that problem easily.
    I think he means Minimalist as in a small, neat UI , not as few addons as possible.

An addon I don't see mentioned often is Bindpad, It completely removes the need for Action bars altogether! I simply insert my keybindings, get rid of every ugly actionbar, and setup Power Auras to Notify cool downs with sounds (or quick slightly transparent visuals).

Quote Originally Posted by qei
    I think he means Minimalist as in a small, neat UI , not as few addons as possible.
    Healers will never get 'neat' UI, Grid or any other raid frames addon takes care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Galueru
    An addon I don't see mentioned often is Bindpad, It completely removes the need for Action bars altogether!
    Quick skimming of Curse's page of BindPad didn't tell me what's the big catch compared to setting up normal bars with Bartender or something, and just turn those all invisible & use the keybindings blind. Did I miss something there?

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Healers will never get 'neat' UI, Grid or any other raid frames addon takes care of that.

Quick skimming of Curse's page of BindPad didn't tell me what's the big catch compared to setting up normal bars with Bartender or something, and just turn those all invisible & use the keybindings blind. Did I miss something there?

I just don't like having the extra bars there, even if they are hidden. ;] It's just less settings I need to mess with and does the job easier. You just set the keybindings within the macro pad, close, and it's done. The only issue I do have with it is actually macroing, but in the long run it's been a good experience for me, it's really helped me with Micro management without staring down at tiny bars or pet bars on my priesty.

*Edit I also really hate "looking" for bars with bartender if I have a need for them and have them faded or hidden, Or having to drag new spells down onto those bars.

AucitonLite
    Bartender4
    Broker + Clock, Menu, Durability
    Chatter
    Chinchilla Minimap
    CoolLine Cooldowns
    DBM
    FishingAce
    Grid2
    IceHUD
    Mapster
    MSBT
    MoveAnything
    Outfitter
    Pitbull4
    Postal
    RatingBuster
    Recount
    SBF
    TipTac
    What do you use IceHUD and MSBT for anyway? If you can honestly tell me that you can watch all the numbers on MSBT and the bars on IceHUD and your raid frames and the timers on DBM and your positioning on the screen then you are a work of art. Otherwise drop all the scrolling text as it does absolutely nothing for you to know who healed what after the fact. Your raid frames should be telling you how much health the person has and you react to that.

As a healer you basically just need raid frames and a boss timer. Adding in a cool down tracker and maybe a cast timer can also be beneficial. You could have nothing else on your screen (assuming your raid frames are set up for tracking debuffs/buffs in some way) and do your job effectively. If you want a minimalist UI you could basically just have:

Grid
    DBM
    Pitbull
    Chatter or Prat
    Sexy Cooldowns (or another CD timer)
    Quartz (or some other cast timer)
    SBF
    Maybe a mini-map mod to place it where you want it/resize it (Sexy Map, Chinchilla, etc)
    Bartender
    Maybe tiptac or another tooltip addon to move the tooltips to a nice out of the way location.
    And if you like, kgPanels to organize things neatly on the screen

With these addons you could have a very clean UI with all the information you need to successfully heal the encounter. Perhaps look up a couple of UIs like Aliena's UI from Tankspot or TukUI as these are pretty popular and they are very clean. iLive also has a UI posted in the healer forums that you can check out. If you don't like something about these 3 perhaps you can just look at the addons they use and modifiy them to make your own version

Good luck and happy modding.

Hello All.

I'm in hell.

I'm a UI Minimilast

I'm also a Healer.

These two don't mix well.

This is what I currently use:

AucitonLite
    Bartender4
    Broker + Clock, Menu, Durability
    Chatter
    Chinchilla Minimap
    CoolLine Cooldowns
    DBM
    FishingAce
    Grid2
    IceHUD
    Mapster
    MSBT
    MoveAnything
    Outfitter
    Pitbull4
    Postal
    RatingBuster
    Recount
    SBF
    TipTac

I'm curious about areas that I can improve or that there are better mods for me nowadays. My current questions lie in the following:

FONTS! I looooove cool fonts but can't seem to find a way to get them into the game. Default and Fritz Quatra are getting very, very old.
    Hello all

Im a minimalist healer blah blah blah.

I use

Grid

X prel

Bartender

MSBT

Recount

sexycooldown/maps

NUF SAID
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Thanks Hoot!

1) Use TukUI tukui.org.
    2) Install Clique or Healbot
    3) ??? ???
    4) Profit

Tuk is really light on memory usage, and it doesn't consume the whole screen. And it's a healer UI, designed by a priest.

http://www.tukui.org/home/

use that Ui , auto install and amg its great
    minimalist and uses less than 1 mg of memory

also support the guy making it he does'nt play wow much ... so he says

Deleted

I never said anything about that I was just correcting the guy who I quoted

As a healer, I haven't seen anything that 3rd party scrolling text addons do that I need that isn't covered by the built in one. As Hoot said, I don't know many healers that actually pay much attention to scrolling text other than procs.

Is Broker still the best or has FuBar retaken the lead?
    The lead developers of FuBar say that the development of it is dead, so I'll take that as a strong hint that it's not going to be overtaking anything any time soon. In addition, almost all new plugins are using the broker protocol instead of the fubar-specific protocol, so you're best using something that talks the broker protocol natively.

As for the minimal addons, that really depends on how you heal. Personally, I'd put Clique (or equivalent) in any list of required addons for my own healing style. Good, well configured raid frames (I'm currently using the raid frames from ShadowedUF because they're like grid, but lets me do the same things to my party frames, so there's more common ground in healing 5-mans and healing raids), Clique, and some form of boss mods are manditory, with Quartz and VisualHeal being strong recomendations. Anything past that is because I want them for something other than healing.

I'm looking for a snazzy way to organize small information, but Chocolate Bars doesn't have an ability to disable right-click out of combat (very annoying)
    Out of combat, or in combat? OoC, you're actually disabling functionality, some plugins just don't work without being able to right-click on them. In combat, I'll agree that at least some functionality needs to be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    To be fair, i'd agree with this. Most compilations out there unfortunately don't integrate their own click-cast functionality. Even as a tank i find it useful.
    Agreed, and when they do integrate it, they don't always get it right. It's one reason I never did try VuhDo. Gets great reviews, but it doesn't work with Clique. Has it's own built in version, but only works with friendly targets, so there goes healer CC (yes, my priest shackles in 5 mans if the group seems to be having problems), my paladin keeping judgements up (very important for the haste), etc. In fact, almost all of my lvl 80s (one of every class but warrior, and I'm working on that) have bindings, though it's only the healers that exceed a handful of spells bound that way.

That said, it's important for my style of healing, where deciding what spell and what target are done at the same time, so a single action to chose both just works better for me. Some healers work fine targetting the person that needs heals and then casting the heal through regular action bars. Frankly, I'd hate to do that even for some 5 man fights, like Loken, where you'll almost never be healing the same toon twice in a row, but it works for them.

Haven't been able to garner a response in the Ask It thread, perhaps some of you know what UnitFrames and Font the Rogue in Paragon's Lich King Kill vid is using?

After fiddling with mods for about an hour, I found out that the font is X360 if anyone is interested. Otherwise, still looking for ways to emulate the curved borders of his Unit Frames without resorting to kgPanels.