Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

why i hate bgs and the idea of rated bgs

I hate pve, reason simply being I have to rely on 24 other retards doing the right thing. Even if I do the right thing, even if 1 other idiot screws up, it's a wipe.

In bgs, it's the same. There are always idiots botting, afking, being undergeared as !@#$ or just plain retarded. So I resort to bot that 1200 infested zone.

Arenas, I depend on 1-4 other players whom I KNOW are good. I kinda hate 5s too, tbh. It's like a zergfest without *much* skill involved. Get the best pve gear out there as a ele shaman/mage/lock and you're a top 5s player.

Given, my friend rerolled a mage to play rmp with. He needed rating, so we did 2s. A THIRTEEN thousand hp frost mage, in 1700 MMR (started with 1950) and a 15-17 win lose ratio.. Just imagine how bad the people in that bracket is.

And that is the bracket that players prefer BGs and do arena for points.

Put those retards who los heals, get sapped with a hunter partner, get deep novad while standing together, walking into los to be blinded, bladestorming at 50%, uses divine sac w/o bubble, goes cat at start of the fight instead of tol to get sapped, disarms at non-burst periods, have such predictable spell casts that I can vanish a chaos bolt and lavaburst, blink a 1pt kidney only to see me waiting at the blink spot etc

These people are also those that claim that they do well in open world pvp, but in a duel, most lose terribly. Imagine a 2.3k rated lock (in 5s) using a succy, almost losing to a rogue alt in full furious, winning with only 500hp left.

In bgs, it's easy to 1v2, even 1v3 as a rogue or feral druid. The people in there have NFI how to play. I especially like how warlocks cast fears over and over again on a berserking druid. Or how I can predict every priest's psychic scream or any locks' howl of terror and just jump OoR and avoid it. Somehow, they like to DC from range too, so I vanish it quite easily.

With rated BGs, I'll have to rely on THOSE players to win. And I just hate to rely on 14 other retards to win a simple cap node, leave 2 to defend AB.

Deleted

Re: why i hate bgs and the idea of rated bgs

Search what MMOrpg means please. Then come back and delete this stupid thread as it doesn't make sense. At all.

10+ Year Old Account

then dont do bgs.

Stick to arena then, wanker.

I love people like this

link me your top 10 arena team OP

we are waiting

LoS is pretty broken in BG's too

not to say I agree with what the OP is saying =P

10+ Year Old Account

For a while, your post seemed to have some validity (depending on each person's own particular preferences, of course), until you mentioned one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    So I resort to bot that 1200 infested zone.
    Guess what...It isn't other people who are screwing the game up for you, it's YOU screwing it up for other people. Sure, there may be some idiots in raids, morons in randoms, and mindless MS-Skillstormers in Arena, but in my own view, the worst scum in the game is the group of people that 'bot. Unfortunately, the combination of the English language and the rules on this forum don't allow me to properly express my complete and total disgust of you, so let me say just this:

Delete your 'toons, delete your account, get the hell out of WoW, and take a look at your own selfish, arrogant personality please, you're making life more miserable for everyone when you 'bot.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.

You didnt play vanilla wow bgs i take it then?

If I understand correctly, you think everyone else in the BGs is a retard but you?

I agree that there are some, but not everyone and not every BG. I see more people typing how stupid people are than actually fighting.
    Less type more fight

so what your saying is.....only the content you like is valid?

because, getting a strong WSG/AB/EoS team together is hard, amarite, oh wait... we used to do that AB/WSG fixed groups back in vanilla and enjoy it a lot cause it wasn't stupid "who has the most CC to lock down X many players for Y time while we burst down player Z"

I was thinking maybe this was a troll, but, looking at your posting history and seeing that the majority of your posts are you just generally letting us know how awesome you are and sticking it to the 1200 baddies, I guess its not.

Well, grats on being awesome. Too bad your a Jackass.

yay another asshole who thinks he is the best...

Quote Originally Posted by artymis
    If I understand correctly, you think everyone else in the BGs is a retard but you?

I agree that there are some, but not everyone and not every BG. I see more people typing how stupid people are than actually fighting.
    Less type more fight

To a certain extent I agree with him. Sure you always have a few good people in the bg with you, but on average you will always have 5-10 retards zerging the roads instead of doing something useful
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    Put those retards who los heals, get sapped with a hunter partner, get deep novad while standing together, walking into los to be blinded, bladestorming at 50%, uses divine sac w/o bubble, goes cat at start of the fight instead of tol to get sapped, disarms at non-burst periods, have such predictable spell casts that I can vanish a chaos bolt and lavaburst, blink a 1pt kidney only to see me waiting at the blink spot etc
    In bgs, it's easy to 1v2, even 1v3 as a rogue or feral druid. The people in there have NFI how to play. I especially like how warlocks cast fears over and over again on a berserking druid. Or how I can predict every priest's psychic scream or any locks' howl of terror and just jump OoR and avoid it. Somehow, they like to DC from range too, so I vanish it quite easily.
    I was going to say something.. but I guess you predicted it.

Even though I am rarely so brazenly arrogant, he is right. When you spent lots of time in arenas and bgs you can predict 50%+ of what's going to happen.
    See all those rogue movies, where instants get vanished? To 90% that is NOT reaction, that is prediction. It seems logical to the opponent, so you can counter it.
    It's like when I play on my priest and I see a rogue running towards me, away from my lowhp teammate. I predict the blind and throw a random shadow word: death towards the rogue. Often I will get myself out of the blind, because I know how rogues think.

It's the same as warlock duels: trinket a shadowfury, 90% of the time there will be a deathcoil flying your way, etc. etc.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

The fact you don't like BG's totally means it should be deleted, and we all are forced to Arena if we want to PvP.

I guess "works well with others" was poor on the OP's report card.

So, are rated BGs going to be played with strangers after all? I'm kind of disappointed, I assumed youd be forming a team... after all how can you be rated when you are only 1/15 of your team, and you didn't even get to choose them?

im guessing Spriests and locks (possibly rogues if Smoke bomb makes it live and ele shammys if the lower the cd of Spirit Walker's grace) are gonna be gods of rated bg..just saying 8)