Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: why i hate bgs and the idea of rated bgs

I actually hate the idea of rated bgs too...

Back to vanilla lol /facepalm blizz. :

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

I'm goin' with a /facepalm on this one.

Rated BGs, like serious PvE raiding, will be for the most part tied to a guild with the goal of excelling in said area. If you don't like the fact that you have to "rely on 24 other baddies" to excel at a competitive aspect of the game, then by all means apply to a better guild (even if it's on another server ). A massively multiplayer online game is not meant to be oriented around very small groups and for the most part it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by domn
    I'm goin' with a /facepalm on this one.

Rated BGs, like serious PvE raiding, will be for the most part tied to a guild with the goal of excelling in said area. If you don't like the fact that you have to "rely on 24 other baddies" to excel at a competitive aspect of the game, then by all means apply to a better guild (even if it's on another server ). A massively multiplayer online game is not meant to be oriented around very small groups and for the most part it isn't.
    I'm pretty sure why the OP was so against it was because he didn't know you que with other people YOU choose, he thought it was going to be a 1300 rated infestation like the bgs of today are.

Come to think of it, I don't see how anyone who competitively partakes in high-rated arenas would even care about the new BG rated system. The entire concept of arenas revolves around who can run the best comp, not who has the best gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hole
    Well what does it even matter? People aren't going to respect your BG rating anyway.
    It is like anything else in this game. No one really respects arena ratings. It's 2-5 v 2-5, who gives a shit about some small little skirmish. Same with PVE, who cares that you can defeat a scripted fight and have some soon to be outdated title when more people have the time to get the gear to down the same bosses you have no life to zerg?

It'll matter to the person that has it, if they choose to care about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Let me start by saying this, I don't play to impress or satisfy someone else. I play for me. I don't care about what rating or gearscore someone else says I need or must have. I collect my gear and acheivments for my own personal sense of acomplishment.
    That being said, I raid. I have fun. I play BG and have fun. Tried arenas and had fun. Problem is I don't have numerous friends that play the game. The ones I do have are not much into PVP and those that are refuse to do Arenas. It feels like a job instead of a game. The Idea of having rated BGs with access to better gear and possibly the PVP weapons is something that appeals to people like me. No it's not for everyone but we all pay to play the game the same as all of you. You play your game and let me play mine. AND QUIT YELLING AT ME AND TELLING ME WHERE TO GO IN BGS. If you do, chances are I'm going the wrong direction and screwing something up because I'm a baddie like that.

First I thought this was trollin', but then I took a look at his posts and wouldn't you know, he actually IS that moron you just HATE in the game! Damn, I thought those buggers was so anti-social, tragical beings they wouldn't register on a forum. Looks like I was wrong. Ah well, glhf with your nerdrage. I'm off to have some FUN. : D
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

you're probably one of those people who can't handle losing. theres a lot of people in wow like that, and especially the most competitive ones where they get so angry at losses they stack decks as much as possible, to win. its part of why i couldn't stand premade BG's because people nerdraged so hard if we lost, or would just abruptly logout. its just if you play the game normally you'd have to accept losses as part of the game, good with the bad, you can't pretend you're supposed to win everything and everyone else lose everything or 'competition' wouldn't even be a word. there is a type of player that is extremely intolerant of losing in wow....

you also have to realize people que into pug bg's for different reasons, and it isn't always to win based on objectives more than get some pvp in, that don't always coincide.

and i think gearing can mean a LOT in pug bg's. even bad pvp'ers with great pve gear can be very effective just spamming some damage rotation. where as a good player in bad gear might not even be able to reach that lvl of effectiveness because they can't put out pressure or gib people.

just a lot more considerations in who and why's of pug bg's...

i would bet money hes the type that types in all caps how amazing he is to other ppl in bgs and hasnt figured out that ppl will forget him in about 25min when the bg is over same as im going to forget him in oh id say 10sec after i leave this thread so good job on wasting your time and ours OP

also god forbid ppl who likes bgs get pvp gear from doing bgs GOD FORBID PPL HAVE FUN PLAYING A VIDEO GAME WTF WERE WE THINKING ENJOYING OUR VIDEO GAMES we mortals are sorry almighty video game god that you have to deal with us we are sorry you had to make a bot to avoid us also... whoops looks like i used up all my care on this post

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

played a pretty stellar WSG pug game last night. first 10 minutes nobody could cap, pretty abnormal in that both sides were dropping flag carriers and focusing D. our side had hard D in the flag room, while they took control of mid with a zerg. both sides sent 2-3 flag runners. once time started running down we somehow managed the first cap with chain pickups, through the skin of our teeth. you could tell everyone could feel the pressure from raid chat, lol. right after that tho they ended up caping, our guys were mostly out of position so they got a rather easy cap to equalize. but the game completely opened up in the last 5 min's, where they got out of their midfield zerg and tried to put more on offense, and we ended up
    caping the last 2 in the fiinal 3 minutes. whole game was extremely tight tho.

probably the best WSG i've played in the last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpeter
    Let me start by saying this, I don't play to impress or satisfy someone else. I play for me. I don't care about what rating or gearscore someone else says I need or must have. I collect my gear and acheivments for my own personal sense of acomplishment.
    That being said, I raid. I have fun. I play BG and have fun. Tried arenas and had fun. Problem is I don't have numerous friends that play the game. The ones I do have are not much into PVP and those that are refuse to do Arenas. It feels like a job instead of a game. The Idea of having rated BGs with access to better gear and possibly the PVP weapons is something that appeals to people like me. No it's not for everyone but we all pay to play the game the same as all of you. You play your game and let me play mine. AND QUIT YELLING AT ME AND TELLING ME WHERE TO GO IN BGS. If you do, chances are I'm going the wrong direction and screwing something up because I'm a baddie like that.
    i feel the same way a lot of times about this game. its too focused on serious competition and wow based play times to be practical for most casual perspective players. its also imo way too one dimensional of a game, or rather 2 dimensional between only having pve or pvp queing options, with nothing else to really play with(like house customizing, gambling, world pvp options or wars, etc). its just very ladder'sh these days and i constantly question myself why i keep playing it based on just que'ing pvp for an hour or so every time i login to it.

i blame the head dev's for their tunnel vision game design based on their own preferences in gaming.

Personally, since the addition of random bgs and having actual incentives for winning, I think the bgs have gotten a lot better, because people actually care about winning the games.

Rated will make it even more so.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

people who QQ about BGs are those who cant handle shit without having a healer at their back 24/7:P

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus
    Search what MMOrpg means please. Then come back and delete this stupid thread as it doesn't make sense. At all.
    Thank you for saying this so I don't have to =)

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I guess "works well with others" was poor on the OP's report card.
    LOL!

+1 internets for you good sir!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.