Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Hybrid vs Pure dps

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur
    There are 1943 guilds worldwide that have killed 25 ICC heroic BQ. The sample size is fine. Besides, no one is concerned about what class has the best DPS in 264 and less gear...people care who have the best dps in BIS gear which raiders doing heroic bosses are much closer to achieving.
    So why would specific classes score better on the same fight but a bit harder then the class wich ruled first? Idk the tacts of BQ 25 HC, but I think that mages gt do something else then their warriors. Wich isn't according to the question Oyra asked. Equal skill and equal gear and equal fight (aka Utopia).

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus
    So why would specific classes score better on the same fight but a bit harder then the class wich ruled first? Idk the tacts of BQ 25 HC, but I think that mages gt do something else then their warriors. Wich isn't according to the question Oyra asked. Equal skill and equal gear and equal fight (aka Utopia).
    Nope, it is the same fight just more HP and a little more damage. Some classes scale better than others with gear. Obviously, mages don't scale as well as several other classes.

Regardless, the point of this thread is to discuss whether pures will always out dps a hybrid given similar skill and gear. Based on world of logs data, the answer to this question is simply: no, the data demonstrates a few hybrid classes can generate superior dps vs. pures on the majority of ICC fights.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Deleted

Nope, it is the same fight just more HP and a little more damage. Some classes scale better than others with gear. Obviously, mages don't scale as well as several other classes.

Regardless, the point of this thread is to discuss whether pures will always out dps a hybrid given similar skill and gear. Based on world of logs data, the answer to this question is simply: no, the data demonstrates a few hybrid classes can generate superior dps vs. pures on the majority of ICC fights.
    I took a look at EJ BiS simulation crafts regarding Feral druid and warlock (to my thinking the weakest pure class there is.) and warlocks win.

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus
    On the non heroic version, the fight would last shorter, and the shorter a fight is the more blood lust will skew numbers. This should cause classes that can stack cooldowns during bloodlust to do more dps on the non heroic version than they will on the heroic version.

I am kinda sick of this "Hybrid vs Pure" debate. In my opinion, everyone should be allowed to do the same damage as everyone else. The only drawback to this is that Blizzard would need to buff the "Pure DPS's" utility. Otherwise they wouldn't be comparable to hybrids and would basically be useless.

I guess the reason I say everyone should have even damage is because of the fact in PVP, the damage you can do to put pressure on the other team matters a-lot. You may think 5%-10% less is not a-lot of damage, until you lose a game or two because you did 5-10% less damage then was needed to kill that enemy at a critical moment.

In PVE I don't see why its such a big deal why they can't do the same damage? Isn't it supposed to be a competition between dps to not only kill their target, but prove they are the best at it.

If you roll a "Pure DPS" isn't that like saying I WIN! No matter how hard you try they are destine to be ahead of you regardless of "skill".

I just don't see why Blizzard can't give Rogue, Hunter, Warlock, Mage the utility to keep them coming back to raids other then the utility of their damage.....

Mage's already got 30% spell/melee haste as an added utility in Cata, why are they still allowed to do more damage then the average "hybrid".

Is it because they fear our economic prices, fuel efficiency and plain versatility :P

But seriously I'm not trolling, I really want to know why there are 4 pure and 6 hybrid yet Blizzard is catering to the minority?

Is it really that horrible to be a single-minded DPS class that you must be the best at damage, simply because its all you can do?

Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments, it's just my take on a tired topic.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, it is led by a hunter and BQ isn't a perfect example because ranged dps have an edge on that fight vs. melee since they can't attack her during her air phase. Regardless, a warrior is still #3.
    The vast majority of hunters with record DPS got carried by the single night where Fal'inrush from LK 25 was accidentally bug-buffed to 498.6 raw weapon DPS, which was putting hunters at ridiculous figures like 15k with 264 gear and such.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji
    seal of cleave and 2pc t10 says hi
    whirlwind and cleave say hi

Pure and hybrid dps is an old story. My experience with this topic is that they all do similar dps. I have been testing alot of classes everytime the PTR started over. Gemmed for caps and trying to optimize gear for spec/class... To the extend possible. As well as the optimal rotations and priorities.

The result was the same everytime. They all do the same single target dps unless some variable was missing. (Warriors missing some rage due to test environment and so on...)

So pure and hybrid dps only depends on the fight, the gear and the player.

Conclusion: Pure dps DOES NOT make more dps than hybrids.

Let the flaming trolls enter the arena !
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

If this is true, why do warriors lead 6 of 11 hard modes in dps while rogues lead none?
    Because Blizzard is terrible at balancing dps. They themselves have said pures should do more damage than hybrids, the fact that a hybrid melee can so decisively beat a pure melee just goes to show how bad Blizzard are at tuning their own game.

Let's look at it like this, because it's the easiest way to view it, Feral Druid vs Rogue, I will use myself (Feral Druid) and one of my guildies who is ex <For the Horde> member, this would mean his skill level is exceptionally high. Now if we look at a fight such as Festergut 25 heroic, he usually pulls the boss so he recieves 1 stack of the debuff, I usually managed to keep up with him for the whole encounter (Without Hysteria). Armoury Links : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...indoun&cn=Tál , http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...oun&cn=Daemona ,

Daemona 3501223 6.69% 12955.0 12872.2 270.3s 99.9%

Tál 3296547 6.30% 12261.5 12119.7 268.9s 99.3%

Notice the 'Actually DPS' , Rogue does 12872.2 With 1 stack of the debuff, Feral Druid does 12119.7 , His skill level is higher than mine, gear is probably about the same level, you can also say that 'RNG' from clearcasting proc can affect feral dps but we won't go that far, rogues are purely about how they are played. Just see for yourself's really what you think about Hybrid vs Pure DPS classes, I feel that they can compete equally, but at end game raiding, the pure dps would win over a hybrid.