Random BG really fails

Seriously guys, it sux to be stuck in a BG where ever1 is a dps. For example you have 5 hunters 3 locks 3 mages 2 rogues 1 ret paly and 1 enhencement shaman. (such group compositions did actually happen many times) >

I really do not understand why we are not able to choose the role we would like to play when joining the Queue. That would be healer or dps ( even tanks join BGs to dps) because it is very frustrating to face 7 healers and 3 dps in WSG or AB, while your team has 1 undergeared healer at best. No matter what you try, there is no way you can kill anything. In fact, you will die instead.

> > > > > > :'( :'( > > > > >

Re: Random BG really fails

"Random bg fails"

.. I can't remember it being any different before the Random BG got implemented.
    I know what you're saying, but it has allways been like this.
    - Trim

You couldn't choose a role before why should you now. its still the same people doing BGs and sometimes you might have alot of healers dont generalise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

I think it'd be kind of neat to have a decent balance of healers to dps in a random BG. Though there are many problems I see with this.

The first of which that occurs to me is "What is the ideal ratio of heals to dps?" How do you prevent people from queueing as heals but spec'ing dps? How do you classify hybrid specs? Do you allow premade teams to break these "dps/heal ratio" rules? Etc. It gets sticky fast, IMO.

Maybe you're fail, ever think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansai
    "Random bg fails"

.. I can't remember it being any different before the Random BG got implemented.
    You kinda missed the point. what i am saying is that Random BGs came for many reasons such us:
    1) reducing Q time
    2) lowering the lvl of difficulty it takes to get pvp gear compared to pve gear from heroics
    3) making BGs more attractive

However, the Random BG could not achieve that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB
    Maybe you're fail, ever think of that?
    Maybe, maybe not.

In Warsong, Eots, and AB, skill and gear count for WAY more than group comp. 10 geared DPS classes will destroy an undergeared healer-heavy team in Warsong.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintety
    Seriously guys, it sux to be stuck in a BG where ever1 is a dps. For example you have 5 hunters 3 locks 3 mages 2 rogues 1 ret paly and 1 enhencement shaman. (such group compositions did actually happen many times) >

I really do not understand why we are not able to choose the role we would like to play when joining the Queue. That would be healer or dps ( even tanks join BGs to dps) because it is very frustrating to face 7 healers and 3 dps in WSG or AB, while your team has 1 undergeared healer at best. No matter what you try, there is no way you can kill anything. In fact, you will die instead.

> > > > > > :'( :'( > > > > >
    reroll healer if you're wanting heals in pug/random bgs with any consistency.

also what norcyz said. you just can't do that...and then what, make hour long queues for WSG just because you dont have that third healer? yea...that sounds like fun :\
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

You kinda missed the point. what i am saying is that Random BGs came for many reasons such us:
    1) reducing Q time
    2) lowering the lvl of difficulty it takes to get pvp gear compared to pve gear from heroics

1) On my battlegroup it did reduce the queue times.
    2) Since getting into battlegrounds is faster, it is easier to get pvp gear. Not to mention the randoms yield additional honor.
    3) To me, battlegrounds are more attractive now. For the reasons listed above.

I end up in the same groups I ended up in before the system. It's not as if there used to be a system where it matched people based on gear/skill/spec/etc. It just lumped you in with folks before. And that's what it does now. The only way you were getting into battlegrounds with the group compositions you wanted before is if you were doing premades. Nothing is stopping you from doing this now.

Do you have any ideas on how to improve the random BG system? (If your idea is like that of your OP then how do you address some of the issues I mentioned in my earlier post?)

Old system
    You qued individually at for a certain BG
    Result - You might get a few healers, or you might not

New system
    You que for either an individual BG or a random one
    Result - You might get a few healers, or you might not

I fail to see how you not getting healers in your BG's is the fault of the random que system?
    Maybe blame the people queing for not being a healer?
    Maybe BE a healer? Then when you que people will say "Oh shit a healer awesome, finally the random BG works"

10+ Year Old Account

It's random battleground....?

More like Daily SotA (9 out of 10 games). Tho you can actually call it random as you sometimes get 1 EoS too (1 out of every 10 games).

And on the topic, i rather get <1min queues than wait 25minutes to get that last healer for Daily sot... i mean random BG.

1) reducing Q time

No, I didn't. I said I understood where you came from, but there's nothing new to the BG system other that you not queueing for a spesific one.
    - Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Norcyz
    1) On my battlegroup it did reduce the queue times.
    2) Since getting into battlegrounds is faster, it is easier to get pvp gear. Not to mention the randoms yield additional honor.
    3) To me, battlegrounds are more attractive now. For the reasons listed above.

I end up in the same groups I ended up in before the system. It's not as if there used to be a system where it matched people based on gear/skill/spec/etc. It just lumped you in with folks before. And that's what it does now. The only way you were getting into battlegrounds with the group compositions you wanted before is if you were doing premades. Nothing is stopping you from doing this now.

Do you have any ideas on how to improve the random BG system? (If your idea is like that of your OP then how do you address some of the issues I mentioned in my earlier post?)
    I gave 3 example that came to mind but clearly those were not all the reasons why random BGs were introduced. Besides, just because you r satisfied doesnt mean the majority of player think the random BG system works especially when you are alliance (win1 game outta 10)

The random BG did not change a single thing in the BG system other than...
    Faster que times.

Its still random who you are grouped with (As it was before)
    Still all the same goals (So if you win "1 game outta 10" because you're alliance now, it means you lost 1 game outta 10 in the old system)

Waiting 20mins+ for tank for a random H is bad enough, now you want people to select roles for BG's? So we have 2hr ques for AV because we dont have 10healers?

Get a grip, if you cant win, play better, join a premade, join with a friend or 2. The solutions are there already

Isle sucks, sota sucks and eots sucks that is why random bg sucks. that is all

I was in a WSG where the other team had 6 frost mages, 3 disc priests and a resto druid. fml.

You're not serious, right? Fixing up healer/DPS balance in BGs wasn't even in the big picture when Blizz designed the random BG tool. That's a completely different issue, related to who wins and who loses, and not to the ease of getting into a BG.

As far as I can see, the plan to "fix" this would be rated BGs, where you'd actually need a proper team, and thus, you would go get one.