General ret advice needed....

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Azraelius

so im being a little lazy and asking some folks to take a look at this paladin and tell me if something stands out i could improve on... as far as spec/gems/gear/glyphs goes...

should i change my str/crit gems to str/haste now thati have 4 piece tier 10?

what should be my next frost emblem upgrade?

are my glyphs fine?

I have to get this alt ready for icc

10+ Year Old Account

Re: General ret advice needed....

spec and glyphs seem fine. If you ever drop below 26 exp, replace exo with seal of corruption/vengence. The gains made from switching al those gems to 20 str will be in the 1 digit range, not worth it on an alt. Gear wise you seem good, I would suggest 2 major upgrades to look for. 1st, get a wep without exp or hit on it (bryntroll would be a decent option here, but even something with armor pen is an upgrade since you are way over the hit cap, and i think every bit of hit on your wep is wasted). The second is trinkets, try to get the trinket of deathwhisper 10, and if 25 man trinkets arent an option, grab the haste trinket for frost badges.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

i hear stuff about prioritizing haste for my tier ten set 4 proc and divine storm... so should i switch my str/crit gems in yellow sockets with str bonuses to str/haste?

10+ Year Old Account

the haste talks you are hearing are probably about shadowmorne more then anything (supposedly once you get this godly wep, you want tons and tons of haste to maximize the proc or something, I havent really read much into it though). While more haste will lead to more 2pc procs, the return is minimized by human error. And while haste will also up your 4pc dmg return, I am fairly certain that str will give even more.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

ya i meant tier ten set 2 proc and im not talking about losing any str.... im talking about replacing the crit i have on my str/crit gems with haste from str/haste gems to boost my damage from the set2 divine storm proc

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Str + Haste is not better than Str + Crit, your gemming/enchants/spec/glyphs are all fine, but try getting a new weapon without tons of hit, you're at 11% atm.

Other than that it looks good

Edit: Leather EoF belt is BiS so you might want to get that too.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&cn=Dietcocacola

put your nightmare tear in your chest and put a str/crit gem in your boots, and try to get a new weapon ;\

15+ Year Old Account

Everything looks good.

As far as the haste debate, that only comes into play when you have your 4pc bonus, Shadowmourne, and TAJ. Even then, you should be at the point where you should be gemming straight STR (If you use leather pieces) or only STR/Crit (If you dont wear leather pieces). The haste gain is so minimal.

Not too sure about your gear, but for mine, if a socket bonus can be fulfilled by an orange gem and the bonus is at least 4 str, i use the 10str/10crit gem due to my stats. Everything else is 20str, save for the solitary 10 stats gem of course. Pretty much all you need to remember about gemming after a certain point.

But yea, you're ready to go. Well, except for one trick, which I cannot discuss due to forum rules D:

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

All of the above is advice is correct regarding the minimal gain you would receive for swapping your STR/CRIT gems for STR/HASTE gems. Your weapon is most like what is holding you back

Quote Originally Posted by azraelius

I have to get this alt ready for icc

LOL

First thing to get is the 264 Libram - Libram of Three Truths
    Second I would say work toward a new weapon, Shadow's Edge or Bryntroll would be my suggestions.

Replace all +10 str/crit with +20 str its the most dps overall from gems.
    Random, mean level 15 deer appeared in Teldrassil to the shock and awe of low-level players. They have been replaced with level 1 fawn.

Quote Originally Posted by naecroknight
    First thing to get is the 264 Libram - Libram of Three Truths
    Second I would say work toward a new weapon, Shadow's Edge or Bryntroll would be my suggestions.

Replace all +10 str/crit with +20 str its the most dps overall from gems.
    Uh.... no.

Unless things have seriously changed since when I was topping the world meters oh yea /epeen

But seriously, sounds pretty fishy.... there are even belts that you can get a 8 str socket bonus with one 10str/10crit gem and a 20 str gem, and you're saying you would go for the 20 str gem? Pretty sure rawr simulations don't show that route as optimal.

Its only better to take the socket bonus with a +10 str/crit gem if you have the 2pt9 bonus. He has 4pt10 which means he wants more +str because it provides much larger damage benefits to the 4pt10 bonus than the +10 str/crit will. Rawr will confirm this. And as always 1 Nightmare Tear in a blue socket (boots) to grab that bonus is the only one I would do with 4pt10
    Random, mean level 15 deer appeared in Teldrassil to the shock and awe of low-level players. They have been replaced with level 1 fawn.

Its only better to take the socket bonus with a +10 str/crit gem if you have the 2pt9 bonus. He has 4pt10 which means he wants more +str because it provides much larger damage benefits to the 4pt10 bonus than the +10 str/crit will. Rawr will confirm this. And as always 1 Nightmare Tear in a blue socket (boots) to grab that bonus is the only one I would do with 4pt10
    And of course I have never bothered to run rawr with 4pc t10 because I haven't been ret in forever

/massive_fail

I didnt bother to run with 4pt10 until last week when I was hoping for a VOA drop after I got my 3rd piece from badges...No matter what this week I will have 4pt10 whether its VOA or my Badges since I am 11 badges away.

He has 4pt10 which means he wants more +str because it provides much larger damage benefits to the 4pt10 bonus than the +10 str/crit will. Rawr will confirm this.
    It will not. You are wrong.