Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Shaman enhancement class pwned again?

Quote Originally Posted by Glaed
    Quote Originally Posted by JIUBEY
    WF on 2handers shouldn't be RNG... 8 sec cd and proc only on storm strike=> problem solved
    ROFL blizzard is trying to take away burst not give you a 1 button to instantly kill somebody or something. Just stop complaining about itemization every class has something to complain about.
    This kind've raises an interesting point. If in the end they can't ever make 2H ench PvE viable without gimping happening, they might be able to make it PvP viable with this (but changing WF to JUST allow a normal WF to be proc'd from a SS, while a 2H is equipped, and adding a 3-sec CD or something to weapon-enchancement spells...basically sacrificing sustained for a pvp burst, but not so brutal and reliant on RNG to proc).

This thread should have been deleted 20 posts ago, but since it hasn't:
    If you want to use 2h go roll a warrior, DK, or paladin. Every time this is brought up, it is mentioned that most of our talents are based around DW. The only way to make 2h viable is to completely change the talent tree... which is pointless when there are already multiple classes/specs fulfilling the same role. (the simplest way to do this is going to create new character -> paladin). If you're in a raid that would let XXX spec roll on YYY loot when it is next to useless for his/her spec, well no one cares about you.

TL;DR
    If you want 2h go away. It's not going to be viable. There needs to be some sort of filter on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaed
    ROFL blizzard is trying to take away burst not give you a 1 button to instantly kill somebody or something. Just stop complaining about itemization every class has something to complain about.
    Actually burst damage is not taken away in cataclysm if you'd have the time to find out but instead they are rising life so high burst now=> medium dmg in cata
    but if shamans do medium burst now=> low burst in cataclysm. Actually the ideea to make WF procs on 2handers to not be RNG is something verry nice. This implemented can bring variety and make the class more appealing and actually makes it so less hard to balance since that whould be a "spike" kind of dmg.

I do not understand why can't we have 2 hand weapons since warriors get 1 hand weapons back on fury tree? I mean we have to fight with: rogues(which obviously blizz ravaged their own lore and removed the fact that shamans could wear swords and rogues couldn't wear axes and look what that brought up-> our weapons beeing rolled by rogues because they want all weapons even if they only have one spec using), dk's and now warriors again=> now this means that we have to fight against 3 other classes which have the ability to also use 2handers(warriors and dk's) and all other 1 hand weapons(rogues). This is simply not fair for us!!!
    warriors and dk's are going to use STRENGTH 1handers which are going to be added on cata.

so there's no difference if we can 1handers or not.

WF on 2handers shouldn't be RNG... 8 sec cd and proc only on storm strike=> problem solved
    So you basically want one button to trigger two attacks? What's the point in having Windfury then? you could just integrate the damage into SS and hey presto, you have the biggest single fucking attack in the game. |:

nom8 not op at al)))

Quote Originally Posted by Torax
    So you basically want one button to trigger two attacks? What's the point in having Windfury then? you could just integrate the damage into SS and hey presto, you have the biggest single fucking attack in the game. |:

nom8 not op at al)))
    I think you are forgetting about killshot/execute/HAMMER OF WRATH-> which is the ability of counterpart class of shaman and i even saw Seals proccing for more than a 2H wf for shaman because ... o yeah forgot to tell you that wf doesn't scale as it should have with ap. How about that?

I still use 2h's in BG's if the opposing team is somewhat undergeared as a whole, and I still destroy Cloth/leather wearers, aswell as mail wearers to a certain extent. Im using http://www.wowhead.com/item=50603 highest WF triple crit with berserking BG buff has been 34k.

I don't even want to know why you have that >.< We've seen two heroic, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mosene
    I think you are forgetting about killshot/execute/HAMMER OF WRATH-> which is the ability of counterpart class of shaman and i even saw Seals proccing for more than a 2H wf for shaman because ... o yeah forgot to tell you that wf doesn't scale as it should have with ap. How about that?
    I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that you missed the part where I, all the time, was talking about SS+WF, not just WF...

Also, gg on those examples and calling them counterparts to SS, because SS can only be used when the mob is below 20% HP RIGHT?!?!DD;DDD

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg
    Many? Oh you mean the ones leveling up, got it.
    Right? Because you won't find a single 80 warrior with a piece of leather on, get a grip.

To clarify, I don't think we should use 2hands. But our lack of weapons is already bad, and possibly worse in cata. Though AP removal will make our weapons least desired, all we do is wait.

SS dmg is that high? where have you saw a storm strike highers than 4k crit? can you show me?