Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

I must have multiple personality disorder

Depending on which toon I run a random heroic on, I react differently to many different situations and my personality changes completely.

When I'm on my warrior tank, I'm having a blast charging around and rounding up mobs and since I do over 3k single target dps and over 5k multi target dps, I really don't care what anyone else is doing as long as I'm getting heals. I never complain about my group members, for the most part, and people thank me for tanking in my fashion.

When I'm on my mage, I do over 7k single target dps and a crapton of AOE so I can carry dps through most heroics. As long as the tank is decently fast, I'm happy and I very, very rarely leave groups.

However, when I'm on my druid healer then I get cranky and mean. I joined a Heroic Gundrak group in progress and when the feral druid was pushing about 500 dps, and I was outdpsing him WHILE HEALING, I stopped healing him. After he died and said "my bad", my response was "yeah, your bad." Then "i don't heal people i outdps," followed by "back to dalaran with you scrub." He left the group in shame.

Or I just yelled at a tank for a minute or so and left group last night in Heroic Nexus when the tank stopped between pulls and was doing about 800 single target dps.

This isn't some rare occurence, I'm generally much more mean and much less willing to put up with shenanigans on my healer.

The only time I will get nasty on my tank is if the healer asks me to slow down for mana in an easy heroic like DTK. I just respond "I don't need your heals" and keep pulling. But even then, I'm nowhere near as mean as I am on my druid.

Anyone else this way?

Re: I must have multiple personality disorder

As a Healer you don't have a lot of Control over what is Happening.

Some People can't realy handel it. Not intended to be mean I don't like healing either.

Dosen't have to be true for everyone but it is something that seems resoanable to what you described.
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

I enjoy healing in raids but I really don't enjoy healing in heroics, so that might be it. It's very boring.

I suppose; When you're on your mage, you actually do things, click buttons often, feel like you're in action.
    When you play your druid, you don't need to heal that often in most of the heroics. You just click a button, and you can safely afk until the next pull. So you get bored and cranky.
    I have a very similar thing going on, I also play all 3 functions in an instance. Healing 5 mans makes me cranky.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie
    I suppose; When you're on your mage, you actually do things, click buttons often, feel like you're in action.
    When you play your druid, you don't need to heal that often in most of the heroics. You just click a button, and you can safely afk until the next pull. So you get bored and cranky.
    I have a very similar thing going on, I also play all 3 functions in an instance. Healing 5 mans makes me cranky.
    When I heal an easy heroic then I'll just stay in caster form, through rejuv on the tank and start spamming moonfire and wrath. Still boring though.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    When I heal an easy heroic then I'll just stay in caster form, through rejuv on the tank and start spamming moonfire and wrath. Still boring though.
    Haha, trying to stay efficient aren't we

Yeah, healing is boring when u have a geared tank... especially on a druid! Throw a Hot on him and he's gtg... So when you're healing you have a lot more time to "think"... where as on your tank u chain pull, on you're mage you're going through your rotations... Maybe you're that mean all the time, u just don't always have time to express it? Either way, it's just a game... try not to take it so serious. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney
    Cut down on the ego and enjoy the heroic or don't bother doing them
    This. You may not have to enjoy them, but remember that heroics are the playground for freshly dinged 80ies in greens who want to gear up a bit and never played in a group before. You are just arrogant.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Obviously when you are tanking and dpsing you have controll over the progress so its more satisfying. As healer you just stand back watching the terribles not progress at all. So i understand the frustration going hcs as healer

You have no control over pace, it's as simple as that. The worst someone could say that you are impatient or a control freak. Either way, come cata you can dps a lot more without tree form ;D

Deleted

Well... I'm just generally mean anyway ... but especially so in random heroics , especially and ALWAYS at people who come in with the absolute worst gear ever do no dps at all then link some achievement from the instance and say .. " CAN WE DO [x achievement] " To which is always reply with the same "I link my red drake and tell them to gtfo out of the instance"..

If a player is just bad and genuinely trying I try help him I've got nothing better to do while casting rejuv + wg on the tank ... the heal for enough so I don't have to do much else haha :P

You more than likely do not have a disorder. Different roles takes on things like 5-mans in different ways and in your case I would guess it's all about adjustation to them and the characters. Especially if you're tired of the character/role it's not surprising if you end up being mean and unleash the fury.

Overall it sounds like you're impatient while playing with even all of your characters though it's the most obvious on the healer as as a tank you can decide the pace.

Personality disorders are something that tend to overemphasize certain aspects of a human personality so the traits are something found in technically all of us. This is why whenever reading a description of a mental disorder it's easy to mistake yourself suffering from one. Most importantly disorders are generally only considered disorders if you or the people around you suffer from them so try not to worry too much whether you have BPD, Narcissistic Personality Disorder or whatever.

I whispered myself a few times. (innervate macro)
    I didn't realize that and started talking to myself with /r
    :'(

methinks it's the fact you now have control over the life and death of the entire group. you're getting powerhungry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Resto druids in good gear have little to do other than press rejuv. It gets boring, and when a run is going slowly, it just prolongs the boredom.

As a suggestion, if you want to take a more active role in the group, you could see how well you can hybrid spec yourself and do both dmg AND healing. Or maybe tell the tank to pull even more and you yourself help by using cyclone, roots, and hibernation.

I've got a tank, dps and healer aswell, and I kind of agree that whenever I'm playing on my healer in daily heroic I get more annoyed then any other toon.

The lack of control.... is just..... exhilirating... Dis pear.... So delicious......
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Let me preface this by saying I'm only talking about random heroics and not raids or heroics with friends etc.

I definitely know where you're coming from. But I think I know why you feel this way! When we're on our tanks, the pace of the run is up to us. We don't have a lot of time to sit around and analyze meters or fail party members because for the most part, if we keep pulling we could down the packs on our own and get that run done fast.

On our DPSers, we have to watch for aggro if we have a bad tank, and it can still get slightly frustrating if we have a slow tank, but we really have more say in the speed of the instance because we can make those packs die faster, and even solo mobs that get away. I have a mage as well and in most heroics (non-ICC ones) I could kill the mobs before they get to me anyway. I could probably do so in the ICC heroics too, but I'm more cautious in those ones for the sake of the group :P

Now.. on our healers its a different story. Sure we can throw out some dps to quicken the run, but it isn't anything amazing and we spend most of our time twiddling our thumbs staring and meters and wondering why that hunter in full t9 is volly-ing on a pack of two and why the 5k GS rogue is pulling 2500 dps. If we heal faster/harder etc, it doesn't make the run get finished any quicker unlike if we were on our dps/tank toons. Being so reliant on 4 others (especially if they are gravely underperforming) can be extremely frustrating when you're used to the speed and control you have on your other tank/dps toons.

Anyway thats just my 2c.. my pally has a prot MS for instances and a non ICC raids even though I prefer to play as ret, simply because after experiencing what its like to tank a heroic (I have a feral/resto druid as my main atm as well) and be able to set the pace of the run, its just too frustrating to take a back seat and watch some other tank take 30 seconds between pulls, have no idea where his taunt button is, or just generally fail, when you know you can do it much better and faster.

Because of that, any toon that I have with a tank option (druid, pally, dk) I will always queue as tank even if its not my favorite playstyle because it just gets too frustrating otherwise.

Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Leios the Worstcase
    As a Healer you don't have a lot of Control over what is Happening.
    You don't?

Stop healing the ones (usually a retarded Fury Warrior or Retadin) who overaggroes every single time, and see how you'll control things. (or make the DPSer leave in rage)

Have one main then (that isn't a healer)? Just kidding of course. Like the peeps above me have pointed out, it's about boredom and engagement. You seem to be doing a great job at healing (probably due to gear/skill) but also because with the gear requirements for heroics are now nearly non-existent, you won't be doing anything else but throwing a two or three heals, here and there. A friend of mine got in the same situation and he simply changed his gear (to balance) and started dpsing (and just occasionally healed the tank or us). We finished some of the heroics in berserk nick of time. It was, hilarious

Yeah, i kinda got that way as my healer, it's beacause if it messes up, it is always your fault, and that just winds you up.