Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Frost vs Arcane raiding

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMage
    Dont you talk if you dont know. SoC is 2-3k free dps ON EVERY SINGLE BOSS of ICC content. I know this.. our paladin class leader agrees on this.
    SoC is a DPS loss single target. How much DPS does your retardin class leader pull?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMage
    Dont you talk if you dont know. SoC is 2-3k free dps ON EVERY SINGLE BOSS of ICC content. I know this.. our paladin class leader agrees on this.
    If by SoC you mean seal of corruption, then its part of pala's dps mechanics. If by SoC you mean seal of command, then your pala is shit . If by SoC you are not sure which one you are referring to, then i suggest you don't post about something that you have no idea on
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

i must say frost is indeed very nice atm

My offspec is frost always played as arcane.

While arcane is indeed still a little bit better (and interesting)
    Frost can atm do a nice amount of dps and pulling out a 7k dps single target on a 10m raid isn't bad at all (with 2p t10 en 2p t9 and a few other ilvl 251 items even honored ring) so frost is nice but boring but i think if some peeps have issues controlling mana in arcane or when to trigger cd's they could respec frost, it's boring but pretty ok, didn't test it on 25 yet gonna do that in voa soon

Every once in a while there are actually some humorous troll posts here. Unfortunately most are just sad.

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else stop reading when the second word is "Noob" and its incorrectly spelt?

Anyway ok you mean that version of rank 14 as in PVP rank not dps rank. All those mages know enough about their class to spec arcane/fire. Also - 7k dps is awful seeing as on Festergut 25 a tank who knows what hes doing can do that much, and your Seal of Command claim makes me want to delete your guild from the realm out of sheer embarrassment for all involved.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

oh god, another scrub trying being the unique little snowflake *snicker*...

Whilst I am all for getting Frost as a top lvl raiding spec, it just does NOT cut it compared to Arc (or even fire for that matter), and here is the important part, IN THE HANDS OF A GOOD PLAYER.

The best arc mage will always outdps the best frost mage (given that both of them have the same or at least similar icc level gear) at the current state of talents/spells/coefficients/available gear. Any time you see a frost mage outdpsing an arc mage it is purely due to significant gear and/or skill differences, NOT because the spec is competitively better or even equal.

In PuGs, casual guilds and the like I would presume its ok enough to raid as frost atm, as it isn't that far behind to become a serious liability at that level of gameplay. But for any serious raider aiming to clear ICC HMs and/or to stay at a competitive dps level with other well-geared and skilled players/classes frost is subpar to arc (and fire).

/endOfStory

Lets face the fact, Frost dps is too low to be competitive in PvE.
    If you out-dps an Arcane of Firemage on single-target fights, there are only 2 reasons for this:

1. you outgear them
    2. they play bad

Wow... paladins are very defensive when it comes to their ret tree

If you like frost raid frost and don't be an arcane fanboi.

I pull 8-10k dps as frost depending on the fight. Frankly I find arcane much less interesting so I just alternate between frost and fire.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

amg stop feeding him.. No change in this world of warcraft for frost in pve!! Fire is close now tho..

Quote Originally Posted by (Insert Name Here)
    9/10k in ToC gear is either bullshit, or the fight was not very long
    Ye ofc short fights that's why i said certain. Or halfgimmick as lord jerr.

I ran 9.2 as frost on a 10 man saurfang, with the 5% buff in place, and my gear is pretty pish compared to other mages tbh :S
    This is when i was just testing the spec, i took no consideration into anything else but the spec and managing CD's : Its viable, but not better than arcane.

Screen: http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5352/saurfang.jpg
    Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&cn=Fernander

Edit: Screen, Arm link
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalash
    Lets face the fact, Frost dps is too low to be competitive in PvE.
    It's not a hardmode spec, but it is competitive.

right... high warlord is pvp? from lvl 60 even. means it is just a massive grind of kills every day. skills in pve dmg does not really have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadstream
    right... high warlord is pvp? from lvl 60 even. means it is just a massive grind of kills every day. skills in pve dmg does not really have anything to do with it.
    You registered just to say that?

My god people, stop feeding the (obvious) troll.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    I ran 9.2 as frost on a 10 man saurfang, with the 5% buff in place, and my gear is pretty pish compared to other mages tbh :S
    This is when i was just testing the spec, i took no consideration into anything else but the spec and managing CD's : Its viable, but not better than arcane.

Screen: http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5352/saurfang.jpg
    Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&cn=Fernander

Edit: Screen, Arm link
    Someone was playing Diablo ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Deluhathol
    looovee it DD
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Deluhathol
    Ahahahhaha.

I believe him though.

I've pulled those numbers.

10+ Year Old Account

See i can believe him but i can't believe the person with haphazard spelling and grammar - as i highly doubt he is as skilled or as geared as you are. I also can't believe someone who considers "NUUB" to be an insult, or that Rank14 (an event that happened 3 years ago) would make you a better player now, after the talent trees have been changed drastically and so have boss fights and game mechanics.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted

I'm glad you all kept this thread alive ... I'm so proud to know there there are still people saying frost is competitive ... because ... THEY ARE ALL RIGHT if you are fully gear'd with ICC 25 / 10 loot and forst you are very competitive in a naxx 10 raid to naxx 10 gear'd people.

i really think people should stop bitchin' and raid as whatever they have fun with unless one is the reason they can't get past a certain boss... a frostmage who has fun playing will do more for the guild as a bored arcane... ^^
    Black is what darkness looks like.