Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Favorite Wotlk raid or dungeon

I made a poll about this .... but i'd say ulduar or Obisidan sanctury, I love dragons ...

Ulduar was absolutely incredible (ICC didn't really live up to my expectation as sort've the next Black Temple...though to be fair ICC did have to compete with SC2 and D3 ;D)

Favorite encounter: probably a tie between Algalon and the Lich King. Algalon was just a really unique visual experience (think acid trip meets carl sagan). The Lich King encounter also had a nice vibe, and actually felt like you were fighting a Lich.... King.

Dungeon: Halls of Stone
    Dungeon Encounter: Loken, though funner to heal (when everyone doesn't overgear it of course)

Ulduar and ICC.. really don't know which I like more.. I love Mimiron HM and at same time I really enjoy self LK fight.. so for me both are at same position

then 5 man.. None.

Ulduar, didn't got that far into it, unfortunately, but what I did was sheer awesome.

15+ Year Old Account

For raids, I have enjoyed ICC, but Ulduar has definitely been the most challenging, once you get to the keepers.

For instances...Pit of Saron is a lot of fun, I like the sense of impending doom from HoR, and I loved the speed and gear quality of ToC...that said, most of the instances were disappointing and without the group finder, would have been very underutilized.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by macke
    Ulduar by far, someone saying something else didnt progress in Ulduar.
    I diss uldar for the vehicles introduced im not a fan of this crap it is well designed but i would rather go by foot. If ANYTHING its revamped onyxia since i am a PRE TBC lover.

ulduar, no competition tbh

imo ulduar but it could also have a lot to do with the guild I was in then compared to now.
    Atm I haven't even started icc25hc since ppl don't care to show up for lk or whatnot and hardly get any time on him.
    I liked most of the hardmodes in ulduar but honnestly I still miss the bc type where u don't see an instance as a hm version and a normal. Yogg zero keepers was sooo annoying though playing as a moonkin since it raped eclipse so badly

Icecrown Citadel, but Ulduar coming it at a close second. The mechanics in Icecrown are what does it for me.

I'm glad to see someone enjoyed The Eye of Eternity, as I certainly dislike it very greatly :s But as I said, it's great to see someone cares for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Icecrown Citadel, but Ulduar coming it at a close second. The mechanics in Icecrown are what does it for me.

I'm glad to see someone enjoyed The Eye of Eternity, as I certainly dislike it very greatly :s But as I said, it's great to see someone cares for it.

i hope we see alot more 'EOE' style encounters in Cataclysm, besides the drake phase, mounts in raid encounters should never mix, i play my class for a reason, not a dragon to take the credit for defeating the boss.

Ulduar was something really well designed, and actually it felt really epic (for me at least) the first time i've step in the way to vezax/yogg or the first time at algalon (even tho it's a pretty stupid encounter as dps).

Icc is also a really nice raid istance anyway, putricide is brilliant and blood princes/valithria are definitly nice encounters and the LK is simply awesome.

All in all i don't have a favourite raid, but in my personal ladder of the best fights in wotlk i'd put:

1: Alone in the darkness
    2: Firefighter pre nerfs
    3: LK
    4: Firefighter post nerfs

Unfortunatly i've never tried the hardmodes in ICC yet, probably Putricide will be awesome and the LK hm will be at the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hgcy6bsg4g

My answer, that song says everything what most Pve'er thought pre 3.1

Ulduar was the best place Yogg-saron fight is so nice and fun

Definitely Ulduar. LK fight being a close second.

Deleted

1. Ulduar
    2. OS/EoE/Onyxia
    3. ToC
    4. ICC
    5. Naxx

10+ Year Old Account

Going to say Ulduar like most on this posts. The way it was designed, average amount of trash and most of the boss fights were different.

Favorite dungeon I'd have to say would have to be FoS b/c it still makes the healer (which two of my alts are) on their toes and can challenge the tank a little on those wide pulls where not all of them will be hit with my thunderclap/sw (or other tanks DnD, swipe, consecrate)

Deleted

ulduar, only thing i liked about wotlk.

It would have to be Ulduar. It's plainly evident that more work and talent went into it than rest of the WotLK raids combined. None of the WotLK boss fights really stand out when compared to the best TBC fights, but I guess Yogg would be the best fight.

Ulduar has to be top spot, <3 yogg-saron fight and mimi hardmode

Ulduar, rich in titan and old god lore, looks awesome and has really fun fights.