Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Whats the difference between Focus and Energy mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by funkybug
    no combo points?

its like a cross between rage and energy.

what happens when you combine yellow(energy) and red(rage)?
    So do we call it Enerage or Ragergy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    So do we call it Enerage or Ragergy?
    I think Enerage rolls off the tongue smoother.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Who played in Closed Beta when we as a class were introduced? How many remember having to stand still for focus to start building, and then you lost it when you moved. They gave us mana because it didn't work, provided no mobility, and was beyond clunky. I'm really hoping it works well, because at this point of my 3 80's I have...I dont really like the changes to the Rogue, and I really dont like the changes to Prot Paladins. So I'm hoping all the time I spent on my hunter (all of WoW) won't be pissed down the sink once cata beta goes live.
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

Quote Originally Posted by AvA-LaND
    Who played in Closed Beta when we as a class were introduced? How many remember having to stand still for focus to start building, and then you lost it when you moved. They gave us mana because it didn't work, provided no mobility, and was beyond clunky. I'm really hoping it works well, because at this point of my 3 80's I have...I dont really like the changes to the Rogue, and I really dont like the changes to Prot Paladins. So I'm hoping all the time I spent on my hunter (all of WoW) won't be pissed down the sink once cata beta goes live.
    I didn't start playing wow till about 4 years ago, but what you just described sounds NOTHING like the new focus system. I understand people's trepidation regarding a change this large, but keep in mind that the many of the dev's on the team today are not the same ones who built the original game. And the company as a whole has learned a metric butt-ton about mmo design over the last 5 years. I have absolute faith at this point that at the very least we'll be FUNCTIONAL come 4.0, and probably fairly well balanced. All of the classes will need heavy rebalancing as we move into endgame raiding though.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."