Thread: RMP in Cata

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

RMP in Cata

Is anyone else excited about RMP getting even more powerful?

This comp definitely wasn't powerful enough, we needed to give mages bloodlust with a sprint, and rogues a smoke bomb, then just incase you even got somewhat close to the rogue dying ( because lets get real no one can touch a mage anyways mage armor + pet + nova 900 times, block blink etc) the priest can just lifegrip yay win.

i guess it ultimately doesn't matter since they are killing arena though.

Re: RMP in Cata

Rogue Priest Mage aren't the only classes that get new abilities .. no i don't think so
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenzlol
    There not killing arena. Even if they do I doubt it would be missed a whole lot.

It is probably too early to tell for cataclysm, but it does seem that RMP will be a potent combination.

Bloodlust / Time Warp likely wont be usable in arenas come Cataclysm.

Lets also understand that Blizzard will be focusing more on Rated Battlegrounds, as this doesn't require as much class balancing.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Agreed, RMP is just gonna have way to much CC and lifegripping in cata it`s gonna ruin arena other classes only get spells that are made to NOT counter this setup :P

Quote Originally Posted by kittenzlol
    Is anyone else excited about RMP getting even more powerful?

This comp definitely wasn't powerful enough, we needed to give mages bloodlust with a sprint, and rogues a smoke bomb, then just incase you even got somewhat close to the rogue dying ( because lets get real no one can touch a mage anyways mage armor + pet + nova 900 times, block blink etc) the priest can just lifegrip yay win.

EVERYONE IN THE CLOUD! LET'S BURST THESE HOES WITHOUT BEING SEEN

Edit: *Priest goes to shadowform in the cloud.* "WTF DOTS TOO?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix
    Agreed, RMP is just gonna have way to much CC and lifegripping in cata it`s gonna ruin arena other classes only get spells that are made to NOT counter this setup :P
    Gief Heroic Leap usable in combat and not on same CD as Charge NAO Pl0x

exploding mushrooms will desroy everything. =PPP
    Get boomkin with mushroom + DK with Death Grip and you can pull people onto mushrooms, which gonna be rather powerful, I guess, in order to compensate for highly situational use =PPP
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Was totally in the middle of making this exact same topic xD. I'll just copy and paste what i had.

Let me start off by saying i don't pvp or arena at all, I just like discussing things WoW-related and im surprised no one has mentioned this yet. (lulz not anymore)

Let's look at the changes for Rouges, Mages, and Priests.

Rouges: Smoke Bomb. makes the rouge and anyother friendly's in the cloud immune to single target attacks. I mean c'mon.

Mages: BL or Time Warp, this will make burst potential skyrocket. If i'm not mistaken it's one of the reasons shaman/hunter was so good in 2's in previous seasons.

Priest: Life Grip. I have a feeling this will make it nigh impossible to get a killing blow in on the mage/rouge. (if the priest is good)

This is already a powerhouse in today's arena and yes I do realize other classes are getting pvp changes too (and these won't be the last) but what's the point of buffing the already top of the food chain arena comp?

In my opinion get rid of arena's and make end-game pvp all about rated battlegrounds. IF that were to happen I would probably pvp alot more than I do now and i'm sure other people feel the same.

if you look at the top 10 of 3v3s on every battlegroup, it isn't all RMP, in fact there aren't really that many

fact of the matter is, as long as your group is balanced and you play with good people, you could be balance/feral/restodrood for all it matters

well not now, but in cata, boomkins and ferals in pvp now are lolz

Firstly they are not killing arena and I am happy people that don't like arena won't be there.
    Secondly it's not possible in any way to predict how things are going to be in Cata.
    a)Higher health pools.How much higher?.
    b)Will we be able to kill someone in a cc chain?.
    c)Will druids be able to get out of poly?.
    d)How will the new dispell system will work?
    If we get to answer these questions the next thing that should consider us is if any of the abilities of RMP and in general other abilities like Hunter focus OP? not OP? Elemental shamman burst high? not high?.How will the new MS will work out? Rogues are losing 50% MS how will that impact in RMP and many many more questions.I can't rly see how can you predict something that you know so little about?

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    Firstly they are not killing arena and I am happy people that don't like arena won't be there.
    Secondly it's not possible in any way to predict how things are going to be in Cata.
    a)Higher health pools.How much higher?.
    b)Will we be able to kill someone in a cc chain?.
    c)Will druids be able to get out of poly?.
    d)How will the new dispell system will work?
    If we get to answer these questions the next thing that should consider us is if any of the abilities of RMP and in general other abilities like Hunter focus OP? not OP? Elemental shamman burst high? not high?.How will the new MS will work out? Rogues are losing 50% MS how will that impact in RMP and many many more questions.I can't rly see how can you predict something that you know so little about?
    RMP was never about the MS espeically, it was about being able to cc someone infinitely and then burst the other target down immediately. and the insane survivability of the comp with the amount of cc and damage they have is just unreasonable, and now intoducing these new talents, its going to just be unmanagable. it won't matter how much life pools will be, rmp can put so much pressure just in the matter of a 4 second switch the other team won't be able to compensate and catch up in heals/damage/control especially with a bloodlusted sprint

It was never about the MS but the reduced healing recieved mattersfrom any point of view.Larger healthpools means they wont die in a switch (smthing that happens atm) and blizz stated clearly that they dont want ppl to die in a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    It was never about the MS but the reduced healing recieved mattersfrom any point of view.Larger healthpools means they wont die in a switch (smthing that happens atm) and blizz stated clearly that they dont want ppl to die in a switch.
    The fact of matter remains that something WILL STILL die in a switch with this comp. especially with these new abilities, unless they tone down priest heals dps and mage burst

Nobody will play arena in Cataclysm. Rated BG's ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by RRamco
    Nobody will play arena in Cataclysm. Rated BG's ftw.
    yea except after 6 rated bgs you cant rated bg anymore, so yes people will still arena

yea except after 6 rated bgs you cant rated bg anymore, so yes people will still arena
    Source?

Some bluepost

and I sure as hell will still arena.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

RMO wont' exists anymore..srry..it's all gonna be about rated bgs now 8)