Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Valithria Dreamwalker 10man - 3 or 4 heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    Frozenslab,

Kill order is MUCHO important...like, super very ultra important. Blazings HAVE TO GO DOWN IMMEDIATELY. Those alone have the capability of turning a good attempt into a wipe. Beyond that, get the suppressors down ASAP, then aboms, Mages [watch for the interrupts here], and finally the exploda-mobs [keep them out of the raid and away from Valithria.

As for the worms that come from the aboms when they die...I'd suggest having your pally tank pick all the aboms up - regardless of what side they're on. As soon as the abom goes down, count to 2, then drop a consecration. As soon as the worms spawn, they get ticked by the consecrate, and the pally tank immediately has aggro on them. Then just have someone drop some AoE and it's over quickly.
    much appreciated we've been thinking the safest time to focus on killing the aboms is to whittle their health down until after a blazing skellie comes out, once the skellie is dead then focus on the abom, give the tank a couple seconds to pick up the worms and then aoe them down. Thanks for the tip on the spawn time of the rotworms, that should help give our dps an idea of when to start aoe, I think we've been starting to aoe too early and our pally tank never gets an opportunity to pick them up.

I'll post back here after our next attempts with more feedback if it doesn't go well

Deleted

we did it recently for the first time in my guild, 10man..

1 holy priest and 1 resto shaman on dreamwalker, an a good resto druid on the raid / tanks.

We just go for as many healers as we can.

If there's only 2 in the group, we use 2.
    If there's 3, we use 3.
    If there's people with healing offspecs, we use those too.

It's not really too important, as long as your dps can keep up with the adds. 1 Tank, 2-4 healers and the rest dps is perfectly viable.

10+ Year Old Account

Our guild uses 4. Me *Resto Shammy* and a Holy Pally on the Dragon. And a Resto Shaman or Druid and Holy Pally healing the raid/tanks. We found this to work out the best for us and it doesn't kill the DPS too much since we have 2 ranged and 2 DPS on the 2 sides and then 1 tank on each side.

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33
    We use 1 healer with healing spec in 10 man.

Normally its a priest/drood outside.

Then for the boss healing we use a single retribution paladin that takes the portals. They are by far the best "healers" on Valithria.

On the heroic version we sticked an extra shaman in the portals and it worked like a charm. The retri topped the shaman alot though.
    retirbution palladin healing dreamwalker??

i see a flaw in this epic story...

one oom to fast and second. if they wearing dps gear this is a false staement if they wearing heals gear why they specced ret?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

we got close last night. Dreamwalker was healed to 89% and then a loose zombie smacked the resto druid healing the raid. Thanks to the advice, we've been able to start to feel the fight a lot more. I don't know if the two healers on the dragon both managed to keep their stacks up, but I know we got close a few times but either lost an add who hit a healer or the resto druid went oom. Much closer though, and we'll continue working on it this week. If we had another class that could heal we'd throw them in to try it, but no one else has a healing offspec.

Definitely a fun fight once the add kill priority is down. The rotworms aren't an issue any longer, the archmages hardly ever get a frostbolt off (we're working on having zero go off) and we did find taunting the blazing skellies from a distance gives us more time to dps them before lay waste goes off.

Appreciate the advice and we should have this on our next raid night (sunday)

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    retirbution palladin healing dreamwalker??

i see a flaw in this epic story...

one oom to fast and second. if they wearing dps gear this is a false staement if they wearing heals gear why they specced ret?
    Well if he has holy gear but no holy spec... Ofc he will use holy gear, and think about it.. he does crit heal on vali around 50k then the hot from that crit heals like insane.. So I dont see any problem with it.

We 3 heal it. 2 heals, druid/pally on raid, one pally dedicated to just dragon. At one point the paladin was healing for like 60k regular HoL, with crits over 120k. The trick to the fight is to make sure that whoever gets the buff never lets it drop.

My guild 10man does this encounter with 3 heals on both normal and heroic

Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman in the portals
    Holy Priest stays out of the portals

we've now killed this the last two weeks after struggling with it for a bit. Surprisingly, we found that with our mix it was better to have two tanks.

Raid setup from last week:

blood tank/unholy dps dk
    prot/fury warrior
    2 mages
    hunter
    ele/resto shaman
    disc/holy priest
    resto druid
    boomkin
    rogue

I tanked all the aboms and taunted blazing skellies when they ran out to give us a bit more dps time on them as they ran across the room. Our prot warrior tanked all the zombies and took very little damage from them. This allowed everyone else to dps down the rest of the adds, with the prot warrior and rogue picking up archmages and interupting. They still managed the occasional frostbolt but it didn't cause a problem. Our resto druid stayed out to heal the raid, timing his innervates to use multiple times in the fight, our priest and shaman went holy and resto and went into every portal.

When we first downed it, it was a real squeeze at the end, this week, even more familiar with the fight, it was pretty quick and painless. It's simply a fight that gets easier as you get more familiar with it and as a few people mentioned, kill order is of massive importance.

thanks for the info on this thread! It helped a ton, we just tweaked the fight a bit to get our high dps hunter off the kiting job on the zombies and everything got easier

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mmc
    3 only, 2 inside (paladin, shaman), 1 outside (priest, druid)
    this ^^
    just did hc whit friends Shaman(me) one Hpala and a dr00dle outside healing on 10 m ofcz
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

We 2 heal it on 10 and 10 heroic. Me (Shaman) on the inside, and a holy priest on the outside. Not an issue at all. ^^;

4 heal it on normal, it goes faster...
    3 heal on heroic.

Pick two/three healers from this to heal dragon

Pure haste stacking shaman > Paladin > shaman > Nourish glyph and relevant talents druid > Aoe druid > Holy priest with some tank healing talents > Holy priest > disco priest

We don't fall behind on dps in 10 man strict gear so if you do, your dps needs l2p lessons.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

My guild 4 heals and 1 tanks it as you can generally get away without tanking some of the mobs if your dps knows how to stun something. holy pal x2, rdruid and a shaman is what we use. Pally and shaman outside.

We send 2 pallies and a druid in the portals, leave the sham outside, who throws occasional heals on the dragon as well. 3 minutes later we collect purples.
    If DPS is solid, the more heals on the dragon the better.
    We only use 1 tank, only the aboms need tanking.
    Everything else dies before it can do anything.

Resto shamans are just the best to go into the portals for their Ancestral Awakening
    totally insane the amount of healing they can do on that fight.
    Disc priest or resto druids are best for outside in my oppinion

10 mans, 3 healers(2 in portal 1 outside), get 20 odd stacks, GS + Divine Hymn + Heroism(Bloodlust), win.
    25 mans, 6-7 healers(4 in portal 2-3 outside) , get 25 odd stacks, GS + Divine Hymn + Heroism(Bloodlust), win.
    with the current 15% buff tho, at least in normal, you can prolly drop DPS classes and just get more healers to speed it up.

pallies and shamans seem to do the best healing here, but ive seen some druids do very good aswell,

outside healing, in 10 mans i can handle it as holy priest, in 25 mans we usualy have holy priest + 2 druids or druid/shaman for that.

what wipes you on this fight is the melee being retarded and charing blazings or archmages early to get extra dps and making them cast before even half the raid are in range cough cough warriors and hunters.
    healers dropping stacks cough cough, in normal its not a problem but since she "takes damage" in heroic you really should focus on not dropping stacks even if u can only get 1 during a dreamphase(how its not possible to allways get atleast 5 is a mystery).

i mean really with 15% buff now and a guardian hymn hero you can just target her and see the bar shoot up, its pretty fun to have people scream HER HP IS NOT GOIN UP AT ALL WE ARE WIPING!!! and then 15sec later she stans up and blows the room :P

10+ Year Old Account

For Vali 10 man...I wouldn't go over 3. Otherwise your DPS is just going to be too slow outside the portals. The way my guild has done it is we've had me and another healer (Shaman and Pally usually) deal with the dragon while our Resto druid stays outside and heals the raid. For the most part we stay that way the entire fight, if you have a person going into the portal who can throw some quick heal on the tanks outside I find that is nice too...I tend to pop a riptide and ES on the tank as I'm coming out of the portal just to help out the raid.

“The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”