Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Resto druids needs a new heal for cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor
    Because god only knows how much I -totally- need another spell to have to find a keybind for -.-
    This

+ they're making regrowth better (at least that's how I read it >.>)So it's like you're getting a new spell.

10+ Year Old Account

We don't need a new healing spell in Cataclysm. We do need our current spells to be reviewed and adjusted to work for their particular purpose. Rejuvenation and Wild Growth already work today, every Druid knows that , Swiftmend is useful too, but Regrowth and Lifebloom need some love, Nourish could use a look into, and when is the last time you casted Healing Touch without NS up, or Tranquility?

No, they need to adjust Regrowth, Lifebloom and Nourish and find some purpose for Healing Touch and Tranquility. And add some talents here and there for some special magic like the one announced for Regrowth. When all those spells work, you don't even need another heal.

Now, a cooldown on the other hand..

hmm

As part of our raid, we have a Pally on tanks, Disc priest bubbling and im topping up as resto druid (when not dpsing as boomy)

Becuase of our awesome regen, i became the mana battery for the other two healers, with innervate glyphed for max mana return, was a godsend for us downing the LK. To be honest all i cast is rejuv and WG, with enough haste you can have a shitload of people ticking away before having to refresh, need more whilst doing this, cast WG,

Seed is only good if you spec it, and it only procs off crits from reg and nourish, if your a spammer of these two heals.. fair enough, i dont bother with it now because i try to avoid casting those, i find it to be the most mana efficient way of healing.

what i do like now is that we are able to cleanse magic debuffs. Some sort of shield (eartshield, pally bubble, priest bubble) would be nice but honestly unless they change the way our heals are, druids are best utilised as toppers, we shall see what pallys can offer tomoro i guess but im still thinking now which classes can effectively keep roughly 15 members up with heals all at the same time continuously...

the person with the most guns don't always win, look at holy paladins.. 2 heals, 2, TWO. and no raid ever wants to be without one whereas as long as you have a resto druid you don't *need* a priest or shaman or vice versa

druids have every type of heal, they could use a bubble type mechanic or something, but if you get a new heal it's just going to be Baby Nourish or Greater Nourish. do you really care about that?

Druids have enough spells and i rather like the idea that we get new talents that make those more interesthing than getting a new one which either too good or never used.
    For a progressive guild players perspective seed maybe useless but i like that talent for example. I usualy keep regrowth and rejuv up on all the tanks and raid heal inbetween. While regrowth can already crit(which will give us a new holy light glyph like abillity) i cast nourish too when i have the time, its all about versatility, sure you can just rejuv and wg everything, i think those people are the ones who want a new spell because they bored what they already had. Also Tranq get revamped so we get another oh shit button. And who knows what kind of talents we get, theres a lot of passive talents in resto and blizz most certainly takes some of tham away, what we know now are only a preview.

Just for completeness...

Paladins
    Single Target Heals/Abilities
    1) Flash of Light
    2) Middle Sized Heal (speculative)
    3) Holy Light
    4) Holy Shock
    5) Beacon of Light
    6) Sacred Shield
    7) Flash of Light HoT

AOE HEALS or ABILITIES
    8) Glyph of Holy Light
    9) Judgement of Light
    10) AoE Heal of some sort (speculative)

COOLDOWNS
    11) Divine Favor
    12) Lay on Hands
    13) Hand of Protection
    14) Hand of Sacrifice
    15) Divine Sacrifice
    16) Avenging Wrath
    17) Divine Illumination (if the 2p T10 bonus gets added to the ability in Cata.)

EXTRAS
    18) Aura Mastery
    19) Hand of Freedom
    20) Hand of Salvation

As you can see, despite popular belief, Paladins actually have plenty of abilities to manage. Not to mention keeping Judgements of the Pure up and using Divine Plea and Divine Shield when appropriate. As a Holy Paladin, I personally want as few abilities as possible added because I love the way we heal currently. Oh well, we will see tomorrow.

I always prefered that shamans and paladins are the utility healers and priest and druids are the burst healers. However with priest tend to get som utility and shaman some burst its all screwed up and everyone want everything.

Quit whining druids have been the best overall healers all expansion they will be fine with no new spells and they have every thing covered alsready.

Big direct heal: healing touch
    Quick direct heal: nourish:
    Direct heal+hot: regrowth
    Strong hot: lifebloom
    Basic hot: rejuv
    Instant big heal: swiftmend
    Oh shit heal: nt+ht
    Aoe: wg
    Utility: the only unique ability left pretty much.

Maybe you can ask for tweaking but you have everything you need and you seem to be the only healer that gets consistently great 4p.

Resto druids do not really need another healing ability, we have one for every situation. However what we do need is:

- A viable tank healing spell; buff Nature's Touch in a way that we can actually use it to tank heal in a tight spot. (In a raid situation my NT crits max for 20-23k. If our paladins pop wings they can easily crit 30-50k with HLs, which is balanced because they have little other heals.)

- More utility, currently priests are the ones with the very best utility, despite of the immense amount of healing spells to their disposal. Pain Supression and Guardian Spirit are very powerful tools, capable of preventing wipes even. It makes me sad that i as a druid don't have any 'real' and lifesaving utility. For example: allowing us to cast barkskin on someone else, decreasing damage taken by 30-40% for 12 seconds, would be a nice start.

Is Rebirth not considered a heal? It's a Post-Death heal spell IMO.

I find Druid healing to be very versatile. HoT's provide a lot of flexibility. They're often instant-cast, they're castable on multiple targets, and they're stackable. They have a heal spell for practically every situation, and the only thing I think they lack is a proper damage-reduction ability.

What I would rather see instead of another heal ability is more flexibility for Druids to make use of their newfound freedom outside of Tree of Life form. I've always hated that form, since it limited healing to only heal-spells and I couldn't freely cast offensive spells where I saw fit. There are simply some fights or phases where heals aren't necessary (Heigan's safety dance when your group is pro) and you have mana to spare to cast something else. What I would really like to see would be the return of Insect Swarm as a defensive ability. The 2% miss chance is great to have, and if they could toss this into a Resto druid's healing repetoire, I think it could be very interesting. Add some functionality so that IS can be used while healing (Free cast proc on heals) and you can keep up a 2% miss chance on a boss or trash mob ever so often. I mean if a Holy Paladin can make use of judgments on their targets, why not a Resto Druid tossing down Insect Swarms?

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Fuck a new heal, I want a cooldown to decrease damage taken by one or more targets. We're the only healer without one.
    In my 3's comp, cyclone is a set on use CC, I can't really burn it on one of the DPS hitting my team mates. Roots is really all else I have, if we got a PS or GS type thing, it'd be REALLY nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    If this keeps being possible, it's all good. However, with the obsession of making mana THE healer concern, preemptive blanket healing could easily end up being a HUGE waste of mana, essentially rendering HoTs rather useless as a raid-healing tool. Who doesn't know the feeling that everyone you HoTted up so coordinatedly is flashed to 100% by some pally or priest or shaman shortly after anyways, making your precious mana tick into oblivion?

If blizzard wants to keep the "druid way" of healing, they have to make HoTs comparably cheap in mana, or it'll become the most effective thing to do as anyone else: Nourish and (specced) HT - read: direct heals 4tw. This would be sad.

One COULD argue that directly healing players could notice the HoT ticking on their <100% mate, and refrain from flashing him. But seriously... if you're a healer and there is someone taking damage, noticing and reacting is a matter of milliseconds. It's instinct. You WILL flash people up, and if it's only for the uncertainty of that toon getting some consecutive blows afterwards. In my case at least, if someone takes >20-25% damage, I switch to a subconscious nourish-spam-state, casting at lest 3x nourish on that toon just to make sure that he/she/it stays alive. This behavior has been hammered into us during quite many fights where it was a necessity. Noticing HoTs ticking just doesn't fit there.

I could however see druids become even better tank healers, since the intent is to make blows to a tank no longer two-hit-crushers. That way, HoTs on a tank could really play out efficiently, and stabilize the health bar.
    All I hear is QQ. Seriously, not smashing other player's HoTs is gonna be important. And it's not your mana being wasted, it's the paladins cause you cast first. His heals are overhealing, not yours - don't let the meters lie to you.

As for spamming people who take 25% damage... pretty sure you're going to have to UNLEARN that.

What you describe is exactly how we healed in Vanilla. Ghostcrawler's post about triage is the perfect example. He goes over how a player must decide whether or not the HoT that is ticking is enough (ie, is the HoT healing > incoming damage). If it's enough, then you can grab a few ticks of regen, if not, well, then you heal. In cases like that, overhealing is a waste of everybody's mana. Where druids are lucky is that they use HoTs. Sometimes you waste a tick, but more often than not, a druid that's rolling HoTs on the proper targets will always be healing something. Druids topped healing meters in Vanilla (after tank healing paladins who had infinite mana, and no healing threat).

Right now, it's only instinct because the fights are designed to be taxing like that. You miss a heal, people die. They're designed like that because of the healer's endless mana pool. You'll probably freak out at first, but after a few wipes or going OOM too often, you'll learn to react better.

One thing that did help was that only one instance of each HoT was allowed on a target back then, so even if you had an itchy trigger finger, you would just get the "a more powerful spell..." message. Even then, once you know the fights and know your raid, you learn who can take some damage, and who can't. It really isn't all that hard, I ended up having my entire 40 man+backup raid's tendencies figured out pretty good back in Vanilla.

Another tool to bring back is healing assignments. This helps a lot. For instance, if your raid leader puts you in group 4, the members of group 4 are your first priority. If they're topped up, keep an eye on other people. One mod I used to use back then was CT_Raid with it's targeting frames. On top of tanks, I would also put about six or seven healers in it in order to monitor their mana and state (poly, silence, x2 mana use debuff, etc). If any of them were in any sort of trouble, then I would cross over to their groups.

If you didn't play this game as a healer in Vanilla, it might be a little much to take in at first. But trust me, it's much more fun simply because it takes much more skill to do well.
    [/quote]

exactly what this guy said.
    Vanilla healing was how i liked to heal as a druid (i went feral in BC / wotlk), with efficient heals (5 different ranks of HT for different situations) and hots for some over-time goodness. It was a great feeling when you killed the boss after balancing on 10-20% mana the last 2 minutes while still keeping your group alive (innervate for priestes)
    it was a balance between HPM, HPS and damage taken...
    As compared to my paladin now in wotlk where if i actually do come close to oom after spamming my holy light for too long (1-2 minutes?) i can just go hit a boss / judge and put on DP...

Deleted

Druids as raid healers are currently in a pretty solid place, and i don't really see the need for an additional spell. I guess you could argue that druids aren't the best at burst raid damage but shamans will argue that neither are they because the raid is often spread out too much for CH to work effectively.

The only utility i would like to see would be a way to temporary massivly decrease the cast time on druids big heal. Example of these are the shaman tidal wave buff and the pala judgement one. Needed probably not but woudl be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    In the OP you've included a few buffs for other classes without including ours, as well as including utility for other classes where you haven't included ours.

For instance: You've got Earthshield and Healing Stream for shammies where really these are buffs (permanently available - not something you cast during the fight), with which you could compare to MotW/Thorns, and you've got Guardian Spirit and Pain Suppression listed for Priests without considering Rebirth. Leap of Faith is something that firstly should go under CDs, and secondly is more of a utility spell IMO similar to CC like Cyclone & Entangling Roots.

I also think the bed of healing from Regrowth crits should be included given it will be a new form of AoE healing for us (to help compensate the lack of other AoE healing spells).

Ultimately I really don't think that Druids will be in desperate need of more healing spells, and we're waaaay too far off from Cataclysm to make that judgement now.
    He also called Lightwell an AoE heal, and accodring to some people in this thread unless you cast it and it hits multiple targets, it isn't AoE. Oh, and it's the only healing spell that is a DPS loss for melee to use since it makes then change target to use.

Also, Holy Nova isn't exactly an amazing AoE healing spell. It's got a very short range so only works if they are standing right on you, plus it only heals targets in your party. Also, Leap of Faith isn't a heal.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

What about the new Regrowth extra heal if it crits? :O

Blizzard maybe brainwash you that we dont need a new spell but its human nature when a new game will come u always expect something more even if the first model was realy good to keep you intresting.
    Druids are nature healers when u level up its means that you learn new techniques new powers over nature to use
    Its always more fun to have more and more choices to use for ur abilities rather stay with the same tools for 3 years

Brez is something that every spec of druids can use so i dont put it only for healing!
    Lightwell maybe they make it something like shamans healing rain aoe hot

And just for the record hots will not be so special for druids for this expansion. Imagine a holy priest with a shaman to heal the raid they already have powerfull direct heals and now shammys can hot more easy than a druid the whole raid with rain and a priest to hot them with every direct spell plus priests have renew and shammys riptide earthliving proc and healing totem.
    Maybe their hots are not so powerfull than a druid hot but still they can heal a raid with more powerfull direct spells plus their hots to top them Paladins can heal 2 tanks at the same time and i dont know what else they will maybe do on cata.
    Where is our role in cataclysm when our only aoe is wild growth and maybe when regrowth crits do an aoe heal
    Since our mana will be not unlimited we cant spam rejuvanation on everyone and we cant base when regrowth maybe crit to do an aoe heal

Id much rather have the old ones improved than have get a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

Deleted

Updated since the final class preview (Paladin):

SHAMANS DRUIDS PRIESTS PALADINS
    SINGLE TARGET HEALS SINGLE TARGET HEALS SINGLE TARGET HEALS SINGLE TARGET HEALS
    1) Lesser Healing Wave 1) Nourish 1) Flash Heal 1) Flash of Light
    2) Healing Wave 2) Regrowth 2) Heal 2) Holy Light
    3) Greater Healing Wave 3) Healing Touch 3) Greater Heal 3) "Greater Heal"
    4) Riptide * 4) Rejuvenation * 4) Renew * 4) Holy Shock *
    5) Earth Shield * 5) Lifebloom * 5) Power Word Shield * 5) Sacred Shield *
    6) Unleash Weapon * 6) Swiftmend * 6) Discipline: Penance 6) Beacon of Light *
    7) Flash of Light (HoT)

AOE HEALS or ABILITIES AOE HEALS or ABILITIES AOE HEALS or ABILITIES AOE HEALS or ABILITIES
    7) Chain Heal 7) Wild Growth * 7) Prayer Of Healing 8) Glyph of Holy Light
    8) Healing Rain 8) Mark/Gift of the Wild * 8) Prayer Of Mending 9) Judgement of Light *
    9) Healing Totem * 9) Regrowth - Efflorescence 9) Binding Heal 10) Devotion Aura *
    10) Stoneskin Totem * 10) Holy Nova * 11) (Greater) Blessing of Kings *
    11) Spirit Link * 11) Power Word/Prayer of Fortitude * 12) Healing Hands *
    12) Holy: Circle Of Healing *
    13) Holy: Lightwell

COOLDOWNS COOLDOWNS COOLDOWNS COOLDOWNS
    12) Nature's Swiftness * 10) Nature's Swiftness * 14) Divine Hymn 13) Divine Favor *
    13) Tidal Force * 11) Tranquility 15) Leap Of Faith * 14) Lay on Hands *
    12) Rebirth 16) Holy: Guardian Spirit * 15) Hand of Protection *
    13) Tree Of Life * Discipline: Power Word Barrier * 16) Hand of Sacrifice *
    17) Holy: Desperate Prayer * 17) Divine Sacrifice *
    18) Discipline: Pain Suppression * 18) Avenging Wrath *
    19) Guardian of Ancient Kings *

Notes:
    * = instant cast.
    Shaman: Unleash Weapon = Earthliving Weapon.
    Priest: Lightwell will almost certainly be removed.

Updates:
    - removed all non-directly healing, protection or effective healing abilities
    - moved Leap of Faith to Cooldowns
    - added Druid's Rebirth and Efflorescence
    - added Paladin heals since Cataclysm preview is out.

There's little point adding proc-based enhancements if they do not provide a completely different type of spell (e.g. aoe from single target, or HoT from direct).

Many people said that we dont need anything new and they will make us better on cataclysm give more utility on lifebloom regrowth and healing touch and more fun. The problem is that i remember in wotlk that THEY remove from our playing healing touch, THEY change thousand times lifebloom because we are diferent healers from the others and they dont want us to cast and be the hot instant type of healer.
    They give us on every tier bonus and on our idols always something bonus for rejuvanation and now they said said we dont need to play only with rejuvanation and wild growth, is that a JOKE??????
    If lifebloom need more utility why they didnt give that utility at the first place and we need a new expansion to fix their mistakes and give to us like a new and good change how stupid they think we are????
    Or maybe its a change to play first with regrowth and then with rejuvanation and???
    IF WE NEED A FIX THEY SHOULD DO IT BEFORE AN EXPANSION SO IN THE EXPANSION WE WILL TAKE SOMETHING REALY NEW!!!!
    The only thing they will do is to make more problems and they will change that problems in the expansion after cataclysm so they make us believe we will get something new HOW TRAGIC