Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pet Collectors: Rhonin has written a book about you

From the Desk of Rhonin

Dear Idiot,

I am writing in regard to your recent completion of the "Higher Learning" achievement. Wow. I can't believe you actually did that. We just put that in there as a joke. We didn't think anybody would be dumb enough to actually do what you have done.

I am seriously laughing right now with my hot elf wife about what a total, unmitigated putz you are. We're going to still be laughing about it later, even as we are athletically getting busy, Hogger-style on a bearskin rug. Enjoy the image of me laughing at you while just going totally wild on a beautiful elf-chick.

I mean, partially, I will be laughing because my life is so great. But mostly, I'll be laughing at you. Have you ever touched a girl? Seriously? Did you get arrested for it?

Okay, you look confused. I know that you look confused, even though I am writing this hours before you are reading it, because I am super-awesome and can travel through time, so before I wrote this letter, I traveled to the future and watched how dumb you looked reading your mail, and now I am laughing about that too.

Here's what I did. I invented magic books that appear out of thin air in eight random places, and then created an achievement rewarding you for finding them. But then I made a bunch of other books that can appear and disappear in the same place, instead of the book people want to read for the achievement. So, basically, each book is on the shelf for an average of three minutes every twenty-four hours.

What is so funny is that I know you got the achievement by sitting there, staring at a bookshelf, for hours on end, waiting for a book to magically appear. And when it finally did, it wasn't the right one. That Conjuration book spawns right next to the place where I hang out, so I watched you spend your Saturday night last week staring at that bookshelf for three hours, and then a copy of "Khadgar's Journal" spawned.

But I am glad you've finally done it. So I am enclosing the epic saga, "The Schools of Arcane Magic: Mastery." It's about a holy man who takes an oath of celibacy, and dedicates his life to staring at bookshelves. I consider it a satire. I was going to rig it to disappear in three minutes, which would have been kind of awesome, but I actually feel just a little bit sorry for you, so I am going to let you keep it. I hope you enjoy it.

Actually, I did put a little enchantment on it. It will teleport you to Archmage Vargoth's quarters in the spires of Dalaran. That's not a joke on you. It's a joke on him. He loves having really stupid guys appear out of nowhere in his bedroom. Tell him I said to conjure a little elemental that will follow you around pointing and laughing. You're probably dumb enough to think that's a reward, rather than a punishment.

Also, go ahead and spam the achievement in trade chat a few times. I already know you did it, because I was there, in the future. Look how impressed everyone is. This is why I invented the /golfclap.

Peace.
    Rhonin, out.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Re: Pet Collectors: Rhonin has written a book about you

Nice, pretty funny.
    I got like one book and stopped looking because they are never spawned.

Deleted

I did that achievement on two characters so this article hurts me deeply >

well done sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vero
    Then again , all the complains come from a PvP perspective. I don't do PvP and it's sad that PvE has to suffer every time again because of it. I never liked PvP and never will , that doesn't mean noone else can enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkrollah
    Playing WoW for the first time. Being a noob is the greatest feeling in the world because of all the possibilties and journeys you will go through. 2 years later, its all about raiding the same instances over and over until new ones come out. Ignorance is bliss.

Protip: OP never got the achievement.

are you butthurt cus you could never find your last book by any chance? :P

15+ Year Old Account

I heard once Rhonin tamed a Raptor Army. True story

The pet is sweet plus the book transports you to a place that only people with the book can go. I did this in about 4 hours of spare time. My server had a channel called "Books" and you joined it and people that were camping certain books would let everyone in the channel know that it poped. I had friends do it in about 15mins one day when dalaran was crashing every other minute, they would just run from spawn point to spawn point and as the server would come back up they would read it and run to the next spwan point and jsut wait for the server to crash again. Wish I had waited until then.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    The pet is sweet plus the book transports you to a place that only people with the book can go. I did this in about 4 hours of spare time. My server had a channel called "Books" and you joined it and people that were camping certain books would let everyone in the channel know that it poped. I had friends do it in about 15mins one day when dalaran was crashing every other minute, they would just run from spawn point to spawn point and as the server would come back up they would read it and run to the next spwan point and jsut wait for the server to crash again. Wish I had waited until then.
    Apparently, you can cheese it when the server reboots. But it's a pain to do if you can't be home at 2 pm on Tuesdays. I do collect pets; I've got a pretty solid collection of some of the hard-to-gets, including the Mr. Pinchy, the Sewer Rat and the Hyacinth Macaw, and all the raptors, in case I ever need to summon the raptor army. And, yeah, I have Rhonin's dumb book.

I wish they would make all pets and mounts BOA.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.

really funny post. /cheer

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford
    From the Desk of Rhonin
    What is so funny is that I know you got the achievement by sitting there, staring at a bookshelf, for hours on end, waiting for a book to magically appear. And when it finally did, it wasn't the right one. That Conjuration book spawns right next to the place where I hang out, so I watched you spend your Saturday night last week staring at that bookshelf for three hours, and then a copy of "Khadgar's Journal" spawned.
    You are wrong Rhonin. I got it with joining the channel /bookhunt were the spawns would be collected and timed and we knew when a new "real" book will spawn. About 20 people worked on it and we got all books in 24 hours. You only need to look a specific shelf at a specific time for about 2-3 minutes, after that you can continue to do something else.

You need 6 people that check their locations every 3 hours:

-The Ledgermain Lounge (Inn in center of Dalaran) - 2 empty book shelves on first floor can contain a book, empty book shelve upstairs in the room with 4 beds, and on the floor of the room with one bed.
    -The Violet Gate (room containing the crystal to port to the ground) - on the floor next to one of the bookcases.
    -The Violet Hold - on the crates next to the NPC giving the daily regular dungeon quest.
    -Dalaran Visitor Center (Tabard/Guild building, center of Dalaran) - on the floor between the two bookshelves
    -The Violet Citadel - on/near bookshelves on the top and bottom level.

Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford
    Peace.
    Rhonin, out.
    Go back to bed Seacrest.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

2/2 on funny posts tonight Crawford.

I approve.
    Real Paladins have the Charger Feat of Strength.

Last year they had a Tuesday maintenance problem that had them rebooting the servers every couple minutes. I did the achievement on my main and 2 alts that day and showed my BF and a guildie how to get it too. It only took about half an hour, plus we couldn't have been playing the game anyway because of cascading restarts. So I don't feel very butthurt after "staring at bookshelves for hours." :P Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by quintro
    well done sir.
    idd

I ain't takin' this shit from a bloody Mary Sue!

*beats at Rhonin with a broom*

Quote Originally Posted by Nanotech View Post
    Last year they had a Tuesday maintenance problem that had them rebooting the servers every couple minutes. I did the achievement on my main and 2 alts that day and showed my BF and a guildie how to get it too. It only took about half an hour, plus we couldn't have been playing the game anyway because of cascading restarts. So I don't feel very butthurt after "staring at bookshelves for hours." :P Cheers.
    Lucky. I stared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.