Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Why didn't we get a good frost badge trinket?

for the same reason why most of the badge mail and ALL the craftable mail has Arp on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Idoru, the list you posted is nice, but it is alittle flawed in regards of MoS.
    The itemization is terribad for various reasons:

1) You will only be hitstarved in BiS gear, wich also means that you will prolly own a combo of DV(h) and DBW(h) or some such

2) If you cannot go for either of them mentioned trinkets, you will be so way over hitcape due to gear, that a hitrating trinket is almost as useless as a sp or dodge trinket (even MoT will shine brither in that light)

3) If you face hitrating issues, it is still cheaper to spec into Careful Aim to get 3% + 1% draenei(if alliance) and the +40 hitrating food, wich basically reduces you to 2 items wich need to have hit and there are alot of better options in regards of itemisation than this trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Just use Dragonspine Trophy. BiS for you huntards.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

Honestly how about the last two tiers of caster dps trinkets being loaded with unnecessary hit? I don't know one single competent caster that bought either of them.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck123
    Idoru, the list you posted is nice, but it is alittle flawed in regards of MoS.
    Well, hitrating is the most important stat for hunters, until you are hitcapped.
    Once you are hitcapped, MoS drops off the list.

As stated on the list, and in the article, MoS should only ever be used if you are using ALL the hitrating from the trinket to reach the hitcap.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Loerk
    It's already said that the trinket that drops from ruby sanc will procc attack power? it's just the passive stat that's left out, and addapting it to plate melee etc would only give the same problem once more
    There is absolutely nothing stopping blizzard providing trinkets for everyone other than their own flawed loot philosophy. Here's an idea, have ruby sanctum drop tokens and make a vendor that you can use those tokens to buy a trinket from. Give every spec in the game one perfectly itemised trinket.

Noone would complain about this system because it keeps everyone happy.

But blizzard will never do this because they think that the excitement of having what you want finally drop makes up for the weeks of frustration when it doesn't, or the months of frustration when they fail to provide an upgrade to the equipment from the previous tier.

Well Ive never seen the lady death whisper one drop but hopefully it will and I havent been doing 25s for to long because I just started raiding not to long ago...but hopefully it will all work itself out and I'll be able to get something because atm...my trinkets are both godawful and really holding me back but thanks for the advice everyone its must appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    I'm pretty sure that every caster and every plate melee would agree with you about the frost badge trinkets being unsatisfactory, hopefully blizzard manage to not screw the ruby sanctum ones up.
    They didn't "screw them up". They itemize them that way on purpose, and it's been mentioned plenty of times before. Not to say they don't screw gear up, but it's less common than people think.

There is absolutely nothing stopping blizzard providing trinkets for everyone other than their own flawed loot philosophy. Here's an idea, have ruby sanctum drop tokens and make a vendor that you can use those tokens to buy a trinket from. Give every spec in the game one perfectly itemised trinket.

Noone would complain about this system because it keeps everyone happy.

But blizzard will never do this because they think that the excitement of having what you want finally drop makes up for the weeks of frustration when it doesn't, or the months of frustration when they fail to provide an upgrade to the equipment from the previous tier.
    Is it really a flawed loot philosophy? People are already griping endlessly about good (not perfect) and guaranteed gear out there.

Blizz has already said they feel like trinkets are in sort of a strange position, itemization-wise, because they (more than any other item) tend to be BIS-ish for far longer. e.g., Greatness, obtainable around LK launch, was BIS for plate dps until death's choice, and maybe a couple of the uld HM drops. Even then it was competetive. 45 ilvls and still useful.

So, expect that to change in the future, a bit.

However, the rest of it... Nobody's tried and proven that there's a superior loot strategy to this RNG + mild guarantees system Blizz is using. I'm sure there's something better out there, but given the playerbase, Blizz doesn't have a lot of wiggle room to experiment with.

Deleted

If you think, you got ripped off you wanna try playing any caster or the other mail user that Blizzard made gear for.

99% of mail gear has arp on it which isnt really all that great for Enhancement shamans, in addition very little of it has haste on it so even if an enhancement did take it all he would be doing is getting some epeen from taking a 264/251 etc etc.
    The rewards from emblems of frost are so lame its unreal for enhancement yet hunters get a full set of really good gear from here so dont give me that crap about why didnt we get a good trinket On my hunter its full 264 gear virtually because all that ever drops is hunter arp gear mail.

P.s. I hate you Blizzard why is it so hard to itemise properly?

As for mark of supremacy i really really hate it a use effect trinket with hit? the only reason ever to use that is if you have like 30 hitrating on your gear and need it to make 8% (with focused aim)

When i see a hunter with mark of supremacy and herkumi war token i die abit inside.

But as its been said above if you have bad trinkets go for greatness card (about 2-3k now adays) and Nes or even Banner of Victory

As for dbw its not hard to find a pug that can clear the first 4 but then again ive lost it to a frost dk an unholy dk and a ret paladin so far :-[
    Quote Originally Posted by nordonn
    DON'T YOU NVM me, I'll kick ur ass. FYI my gs is 5308 using the icc25 man 2h. boss dps son
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Look at your MMO, now back to mine, I'm on a lion.

People won't want to use a low iLvl trinket because it will give them a lower GS...Everyone needs to get that shit out of their head. I used a iLvl 200 trinket until I finally replaced it in ToGC...stats are better than an iLvl...another reason GS has fucked up this game. I just lowered my GS by getting my 4pt10 set bonus over a few pieces of higher iLvl gear...this is just getting ridiculous, bring the player not the GS.
    Tripawd 80 Druid <Blood Faith> Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite

To those stuck up people, if you want to feel special then find the cure for cancer. I heard no one got the achievement yet.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FuryArrows
    I'm not crying or any of that but I was just wondering why a good trinket for a hunter wasn't made to buy with frost badges...I mean the war token Ive been told is terrible and it is kind of hard to snag a good trinket for my hunter right now
    Why didn't Blizzard make tanking Quel'Dalar?
    Why didn't Blizzard make tanking rings that we can buy at the jewelery shop in Dalaran?
    Why, why, why....
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

It's better than Darkmoon Card and NES... so yeah... instead of relying on terrible people telling you otherwise, why don't you use the spreadsheet and find out what suits you best.

It's the best pre-ICC trinket outside of Death's Choice. If you have Darkmoon Card + NES now then '2 bad trinkets' are not holding you back. You being bad is holding you back. The difference between those and BiS is only a few hundred DPS even in a perfect situation.

And you think there are good trinkets from frost badges for ele Shamans ? No... A good back then... No again... Only spirit and mp5...
    period

10+ Year Old Account

Because blizzard only made four badge trinkets and the different specs in the game desire a lot more than four different combinations of stats on their gear, so some of us were left out.
    Pallys, DKs, and Warriors QQ'd about there not being a Str ring from Ashen Verdict. And look what happened there. Also there wasn't a single trinket for hunter in ToC (10 man).

Quote Originally Posted by Morgansbror
    As for mark of supremacy i really really hate it a use effect trinket with hit? the only reason ever to use that is if you have like 30 hitrating on your gear and need it to make 8% (with focused aim)

When i see a hunter with mark of supremacy and herkumi war token i die abit inside.

But as its been said above if you have bad trinkets go for greatness card (about 2-3k now adays) and Nes or even Banner of Victory

As for dbw its not hard to find a pug that can clear the first 4 but then again ive lost it to a frost dk an unholy dk and a ret paladin so far :-[
    DBW is definatly BiS for unholy and frost dks so i dont see why they couldnt roll. And well its not as good for a ret, but in a pug thats to be expected really. And even for ret its one of the better trinkets, just not BiS.

As far as the War Tokem as has already been said as long as you've bought all the other frost gear that you need and you have the emblems and still no trinket upgrades the war token will provide a significant dps increase on pretty much every trinket except probably DC outside of ICC. It isn't itemized anywhere near perfectly, but a dps increase is still a dps increase. With that said hunters that got the war token before their 4pc t10 are probably riding the fail train.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripawd
    People won't want to use a low iLvl trinket because it will give them a lower GS...Everyone needs to get that shit out of their head. I used a iLvl 200 trinket until I finally replaced it in ToGC...stats are better than an iLvl...another reason GS has fucked up this game. I just lowered my GS by getting my 4pt10 set bonus over a few pieces of higher iLvl gear...this is just getting ridiculous, bring the player not the GS.
    Just on this, I have counted at least 10 hunters in the last month on my server using BOTH the 245 Hit trikets, serveral of them didn't even use the Hit on either and not one used the hit on both. Its shocking that people would be running around in a 245 Hit and Haste trinket when MoT would net them significantly more DPS

It just boggles the mind.

There wasn't a good Triumph Badge trinket either. Yes it was good for hit if u needed it but there was so much hit on it that it was a waste more often then not, and the on use AP buff wasn't that great. Things like Pyrite Infuser with an AP proc and less hit where better for itemization. There are currently 5 very good and easily obtainable trinkets for Hunters. Death's Choice and Heroic, Whispering Fanged Skull and Heroic and Death Bringer's Will. I dont count the Heroic version of DBW as that is most likely out of the reach of most Hunters and especially anyone who has to pug.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

I am currently feeling your pain. I raid in a 10 man strict guild, and so I only have access to H-WFS (which hasn't dropped yes because LDW is a bastard). Luckily I have MR from Thorim-HM to fill my other trinket slot. However, once I reach all of my gear upgrades from H-ICC-10 (not that far off) I run into the problem of being around 807 passive ArP which is pretty far over the soft cap. Essentially I'm wasting 72 ArP this way which drives me nuts. The REAL problem is that if I decide to gem all ArP I can effectively reach 1200 or so, but now I have the problem of needing a good trinket to replace MR (which doesnt exist). Staying ArP "soft-capped" vs. pushing for hard cap and picking up War Token to replace MR doesn't lead to a significant enough dps increase (imho). So in short, help us 10 man strict raiders out blizz =P.