Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Healing valithria(25) as a paladin help.

Aye healing it onto a warlock is also good, or a feral druid specced for the improved healing thingy, but its not really necessary

Just make sure glyph of holy light is going at all times, and what i normally do is save all cooldowns for the last part, as they seem to work better for me

Doing it with 2 healers inside the portal is also fun, can get lots of hps

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=6400&e=6741

If you want to do more heals you can always get a Hunter to place a Tenacity Pet (Gorilla as an example) that is specced into Blood of the Rhino (Rank 2). Beacon Valithria and heal the pet. Beacon splash heals take extra 40% healing from the pet which get transferred directly to the boss as long as the pet is under her. Hunter shouldn't mind doing this since any good Hunter would be kiting Blistering Zombies and won't need his pet. We do this in my guild, it makes the fight go quicker with 2 Holy Paladins & pet.

I would also advise like others have done before to pick up Glyph of Seal of Light just for this encounter since every bit of healing helps. Goodluck.

10+ Year Old Account

I usually don't bring a Glyph of Seal of Light for Val, it's just no reason to do it. Anyway, Beacon Val, heal someone close to Val (Hunter pet is sufficient), Spam holy lights until portals show up, move to portal and throw in a holy shock or something, continiue spamming HL until portals opens. Go with your shaman healer and pick up as many portals as possible, and keep repeating this until healed to full.

I usually pop my CDs after the 2nd portal. Then they'll be up again later in the fight. And, save LoH for that point. Don't know what people are saying with "Macro BoL to Val", that's just unecessary imo. Anyway, Shamans are really strong on this fight, with their talented Healing Wave and incredible amount of haste. You said the shaman beats you on other fights - I suggest you turn off recount and stop caring about healing meter, since it's nothing but epeen.

Also
    50+ stacks.
    lol wat?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    If you wanna pick it up a notch, beacon the dragon, and spamheal a warlock with imp demon armour standing next to the dragon, for great effect!
    + Healing effects on people does NOT channel through beacon of light and thus will not result on the tank or whatever your beacontarget is.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol
    Also lol wat?
    50 stacks is definitely doable with 2 healers on heroic

I am a pally healer. IMO you should be topping charts with the shaman, although we dont raid 25 with a shaman so i cant comment on that. Beaconing Val is the ideal strat, and i personally dont even raid heal unless im out of portals and someone might die, i just spam her. Popping all your cd's except LoH is ideal, we also use Guardian spirit at this time. Glyph of Seal of Light, honestly you dont need it, i usually top metres using the reduced Holy light mana usage libram anyway, but my point is, if you are doing things right, there really is no need to change things around for this 1 fight, especially since you have that 10% buff. We do it with 2 holy pally's myself included and a resto druid going into portals. If you arnt completing the encounter then maybe the other healers are doing something wrong.

HPS are serious business?
    ...im a shit Hpally, i always get out healed, learn to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohedral
    + Healing effects on people does NOT channel through beacon of light and thus will not result on the tank or whatever your beacontarget is.
    Having a hunter's pet speced into the +40% healing taken talent does make glyph of HL heals huge though (think 200k+ with stacks and cooldowns up).
    Too cool for a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachna
    If you want to do more heals you can always get a Hunter to place a Tenacity Pet (Gorilla as an example) that is specced into Blood of the Rhino (Rank 2). Beacon Valithria and heal the pet. Beacon splash heals take extra 40% healing from the pet which get transferred directly to the boss as long as the pet is under her. Hunter shouldn't mind doing this since any good Hunter would be kiting Blistering Zombies and won't need his pet. We do this in my guild, it makes the fight go quicker with 2 Holy Paladins & pet.

I would also advise like others have done before to pick up Glyph of Seal of Light just for this encounter since every bit of healing helps. Goodluck.
    I'm almost 100% certain that doesnt work. Unless I can't read numbers on my screen.. it don't work =(

Just makesure you blow cd's with hero and the wing from holy priest, doing that gives me 30k~45k hps in 25 DW.

When i healed this boss i would always be number 1 or 2 (second to the other holy paladin.) What I advise is use wings and trinket and DI after 2nd portal SPAM holy light on the boss and beacon a tank. ( I prefer this over beaconing a the boss because you dont need to switch your heal focus at all.) When the boss is at 90ish % u should be around 30-35 stacks all your CDs should be up DI, Wings Trinket, bomb holy light like there is no tomorrow. Use LOH now aswell and watch numbers explode.

Sidenote make sure your judging and not tunnel visioning during the fight if you forget to keep your haste up that can account for ALOT of healing.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Hmm it seems to me that the problem is getting our stacks to +30. The most i have stacked was 15 and the raid died afterwards, with me still in the green room.Thanks every one for the tips. I was wondering how many healer should go into green room and how many should keep the raid up? it seems that my raid has trouble keeping up the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty
    well what i do is cast beacon on valithria, i have macro to set valithria my focus and cast beacon on focus target , and i either spam hl on myself or a dps close to me for glyph of hl splash, ive gotten up to 30khps on this fight and there si no way a shaman should get near that , so as the poster above said , can u show some numbers and we can see whats the difference.

Unlike shadowdreams says i use all my cd's at the start and there usualy rdy when boss is about 85%.

and ye abb is correct u need to enter every portal as soon as it spawns and make sure your buffs are stacking as high as possible
    I do this same thing more or less. Beacon VDW and Spam HL heal yourself. Stay near the caster group so you can splash heal them w/ HL Glyph. You need to hit every portal and get your stacks to around 30. Once You get about 30 stacks is when we call for Lust, pop cooldowns, and have the Priest put wings on VDW and heal her to full. GG if you can get your Healers to 30 stacks w/o your DPS getting overwhelmed. You should be able to get around 30k HPS on this fight.

I feel beaconing the boss is a better option because of the HL glyph Splash Heals. It is far more effective if you are casting HL on yourself or a raid member, than casting HL on VDW.

It's about the glyph of holy light splash, which double dips in the cloud buff.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

You should be getting 6-8 stacks per portal phase which will easily get you to 30-40 before the fight ends...my guilds heroic kills are only just over 4 minutes long cuz we send 2 pally and 2 shamans in the portals and leave the 2 priests and 2 druids out to raid heal, but besides the point just practice on getitng your stacks higher...and use crusader aura and aura master inside the portals and refresh your judgement as you run to the portal and refresh beacon while running so you arent wasting healing time.

no other class can heal as good as a holy pally on this fight, my best so far is 40k hps as we usually use 2 holy pallys and a drood everytime we do this and we only do this hc 25 mode anyway since its a walk in the park. i change to using seal of light with the glyth and change some gear accordingly for a lil more sp and as much haste as i can for even more throughtput, versus a good pally and a good resto shammy the pally will always heal more on this fight and 75% of all fights, using crusader aura is good in the portals and also using aura mastery when its off cd is very useful too as you can get 7-8 stacks each portal phase and its even easier if you fly round as a group of 3 because the balls in hc mode can be a lil tricky to catch on your own and it wastes time chasing them, each time i do this fight i try and push my hps even more so hopefully get to 50k hps next week. at the start of the fight i can pull 25k hps and we usually get her up around 10% before the fight properly even starts, i use my cds early on and use them again with hero along with a LOHs which will heal for 500k-1000k depending if you get a lucky crit or not, so beacon boss when you can and heal raid
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Here's what I do, as well as many other people here:

Beacon Valithria, constantly heal yourself with HL's while standing near her for the GoHL splashes. Use CD's twice during a fight, let priests use Guardian Spirit and use LoH at a later point in the fight where your stacks are higher. Crusader aura and Aura mastery are also nice during portals as for some reason the portal phase is considered a vehicle. Power infusions aren't bad either

Proof that this works:

Not sure if you can read it, but it says 37.4K HPS for the Dreamwalker fight by me, shamans below me. So it's fairly obvious that this works like a charm.

this. so much false information around these days.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    this. so much false information around these days.
    Glyph

of

holy

light

splash.

God damnit.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

I couldn't be arsed to read all of the thread, but here are some of things you can do to improve your preformance on Dreamwalker:

- If you have a hunter with a pet that is speced into Blood of the Rhino, beacon the boss and spam the pet, 40% extra splash from your glyph adds up in many thousands healing (obviously require the pet to stand still next to the boss).
    - You want to use Glyph of Seal of Light for this fight.
    - You want to time your CDs, especially together with the holy priests CD.
    - Figure out how many times you can use your CDs during a fight and time it accordingly, so you are sure to have it all for the last and biggest stack of (de)buffs.
    - Spellpower trinkets are your friend.
    - Libram to increase your direct output is your friend.
    - Haste / crit itemazation is far better on this one occasion.

Those are the more technical ways to improve. More ways could probably be entering portals instantly once they spawn. Standing by your portal ready to enter as soon as possible. Trying to land in roughly the same half of the room as the raid is, as it seem to tend making portals spawn more in that area (no idea if that actually works, just seemed so to me when i have been doing it).

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&cn=Anessa