Spec overhaul, help?

Hi there!

I've played destruction for quite a while now, gathered gear, raided in the spec. So today, a warlock gave me (after I whined about my dps compared to the demo-lock :-X ) the advice to spec demo, as he found it the best raidingspec in his opinion.

First of all, I'd like some opinions on that. I know Demo is a good spec, but I manage to get up to about 6.4k dps in this as well.

Regardless of that, I'm willing to give demo a shot, but I don't really know how. I've played Destruction for long, got used to it and should do a complete overhaul in talents, rotation and stats.

Here's my armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tel&cn=Asticia . If you guys could give me a few hints, I'd really appreciate it. Oh! The gloves will most likely be replaced this week, almost enough EoF

Re: Spec overhaul, help?

i found this sticky very helpful at times
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...8all-specs%29/
    gives a lot of information for each spec.

I would first have to point you to both the Fix my DPS, and the PvE Compendium threads.

Then I would say: Play whatever spec you most enjoy, all 3 are viable in raiding these days, we're in a lucky spot as a class in that regard. Demo is a great buff spec, and can take advantage on some fights by rolling decimation to increase its DPS, often above Destro. Both are still behind Affliction in high levels of gear, but all 3 can compete in the right hands - for this reason, play the spec that suits you the best. Player Skill is the #1 determining factor in how you will do, especially with 3 specs that are relatively close.

You really only need 1 Demo lock per raid, but if you'd like to try it out, check out those links above.

Some tips I can offer though: Your hit rating is really, really high. You have 19.9% from gear alone, where you only need 17%, and that's assuming you have no Spriest or Boomkin in your raids, where you would be able to drop another 3% hit. The trinket is a big part of this, so finding a good replacement for that would be a step in the right direction.

Get rid of your +crit gems, in any way/shape/form. A good rule of thumb for all 3 specs is +23 SP in Red, +12SP/10haste in yellow, +12SP/10spirit in Blue. You need 2 blues for your meta, but other than that, only gem blue if the socket bonus is worth it (which will only be +5 SP or bust).

For talents, go with this spec instead, and replace your glyphs to be Felguard, Lifetap, Quick Decay (which can be left as Meta if you really want it).

For pants enchants, go with the +SP/Spirit one instead of +SP/Stam, get your Engineering up to allow you to enchant your gloves with the +haste On-Use ability that I can see right away.

Practice your rotation on a dummy like it's your job, getting comfortable with the spec and the various procs is what will help you the most, by far.

Try the addon Power Auras, with reference to either Bakis' guide, or Toodel's. This AddOn can be useful for tracking procs like Molten Core and Decimation.

Thanks for the great replies. I've been silly to skip the stickies, but I'll look into said threads and start messing around a little.
    One thing I'd like to have confirmed is: I've been told to stack haste a lot, as well as spirit. Is there (like with hitrating) a cap to these? Or a minimum amount you should get?

Deleted

Locking for now. If you have any questions that aren't answered in the stickied threads, ask them in there.