Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Paladin

this is just to many nerfs to holy paladin if this goes live none will want a holy paladin in either raid nor arena.

Decent spells, but nothing movement-wise, also another reason to go protret in pvp instead of retri zZZz. I'm definitely staying with my warrior.

WOO! Guardian of the Ancient Kings looks amazing! I don't care what the other changes are! Though, I am quite excited about the prospect of my shockadin spec!

10+ Year Old Account

if holy shock will still have damage i'm pretty pleased, and please let drusader strike upgrade be something good for us poor rets

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

I was prepared for the worse. All I feel now is relief, /phew

No More bubble hearth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

Lol...

They nerfed all the defensive capabilties of ret to the ground and gave us no tools in replace to kill a healer unlike prot who have a silence now and will receive an instant interrupt.

Thx for nothing...again.

Ok i can live with these changes. I'm just hoping i can get far enough into holy on my prot pally to get my instant cleanse back.
    AOE blind ftw

I'm liking the Guardian of Ancient Kings too

Deleted

Lowering duration of divine shield ;D

looks nice tho

Deleted

So do I understand correctly that when pally's crit with a heal, they will heal for more???

Wow impressive changes! ???

I cant believe anyone that plays ret or holy is happy about this class unless they are just amazed by the shiny pet.

10+ Year Old Account

Vague info is vague ppl, stop whining about class balance until we get some actual testing of the content.

Thoroughly disappointed. Where is our eyeopening change? Mages get burnout/ a bloodlust type of ability, prietst might get the Leap of Faith ability... and we get essentially a gargoyle??? I mean, we lose the magic removal of cleanse and they're talking about nerfing bubble (all pvp based) and ret doesn't even get a specific new ability. I feel like blizz is trying to say "WE DONT LIKE RET PALLYS"........... oh wait, they've been saying that for years.

I waitied for this? It seems like the least thought out update, while taking the longest to create.

Not as exiting as i expected, but well hopefully there will be less pallies around and that means more raid spots for my pally alt -_^

"Beacon of Light will be changed to work with Flash of Light. We like the ability, but want paladins to use it intelligently and not be constantly healing for twice as much."

Does this mean that Beacon will be a proc off of Flash of Light? As in you need to spam Flash to proc a beacon, and then you can start taking advantage of the double healing?

So Holy shock will no longer do damage if used on a target boo i wanted another key to press as ret

Deleted

I KNEW they were going to save the best for the last! ;D

BB Druid, WB Paladin!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum
    What if paladin is hybrid specced? (30/30/0 for example) What will the guardian do?
    I believe that the Guardian will become hostile and one shot the Paladin for being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rósa
    So... ret gets nothing until 85 (just nerfed with cleanse) or am Im missing something?
    Well they'll be changing Crusader strike or improving it(Since it's a base ability now)

Also you get Holy Shock:P Andddd as always they said that's not everything...

My opinion on the radiating heals. Make it a buff that you activate, and for the next 6 seconds all healing you do is put into a buff on you, and 6 seconds afterwords you pulse out that much in healing again, but aoe. WIN!
    [110][110][110][110][110][110][100][90][90][85][59][70]

Quote Originally Posted by Rósa
    So... ret gets nothing until 85 (just nerfed with cleanse) or am Im missing something?
    From what i understand :
    They boost holy dmg so our Exorcism, consecration and judgement will it higher AND we get Holy shock (that do around same dmg than exorcism)

That not the best change but if they really boost these its a nice buff, no new spell sharing consecration (so still useless in pvp) but some good boost + a pet