Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Gearscore Requirements On Your Server

Quote Originally Posted by Trilogy
    Oh sweet khadgar is still a pretty good server imo, but like you said its the school holiday so lots of kids :P
    Spinebreaker has no alliance, WG is no fun anymore :[, i'd move back to Khadgar if my friends we're still there :].

Mystic! Spinebreaker EU

Quote Originally Posted by ILjXYZ
    I recently moved from US-Dragonblight to US-Garona and was a bit confused by the gearscore "requirements" on Garona. I see quite a few people asking for gearscores of 3000 for ICC10 and plenty of people looking for ICC10 raids advertising something like 2800. There wasn't just one occurrence of this as it seemed to go on all weekend long.

Could people be accepting lower gearscores for ICC due to the 10% buff?

As an aside, while gearscore is a pretty terrible way to evaluate a person's ability, I think I loathe achievement linking much more.

I enjoyed the days of Kharazan and Gruul's pugs before all of this GS/Achievement BS when you'd bring someone in to your group without knowing much about them other than level, class and spec (with the exception of gear checking on the armory if you were that anal). You'd give them a chance and if they sucked then you'd kick them out and find a replacement. Conversely, it was always a pleasant surprise to find someone who might not have been geared very well or had completed the raid before but could listen to instructions and was clearly competent in performing their role in the group. You actually enjoyed seeing people like that get better loot instead of seeing some tool with 6000gs get a shard. In my opinion, the luck of the draw was part of the fun of pugging low-level raids.
    There's another "gearscore" type score that can be found on like wow heroes or something along those lines where a 3k GS is about the same as a 6k GS using the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Postkrieg
    Yeah i can understand that, but i swear now there is alot more people not knowing what to do. So they wipe the raid :|.
    I always check to see if they have done ToGC or something to see if they are a decent player :].
    Well, I can certainly see maybe achievement linking for ToGC-25 or ICC10 Heroic or something. Those are pretty difficult raids even for someone who has experienced them and is well geared. But stiff GS requirements or achievement linking for VoA? For ToC-25? That's just silly. You could faceroll through a ToC pug when it was brand new. I don't think people think before they ask for these things and just do it because everyone else is doing it.
    Constructs in *my* raid?

It's more likely than you think.

15+ Year Old Account

Personally i hate gearscore and have no intention of ever using it, but its just funny to see some of the gear requirements players dish out for such easy instances/raids.

So just for laughs and giggles post what the requirements for Raids/Dungeons are on your server

Server: Khadgar EU
    VoA10: 5k
    VoA25: 5.2k
    ICC10: 5.2k
    ICC25: 5.5-5.7k GS

Join in!
    Oh hai thar Trilogy from my old server.

On topic:

Karazhan EU - Horde side

Naxx: 5.5k
    Ulduar: 5.5k
    ToC(any): 5.5k
    ICC10: 5.5k
    ICC25: 5.5k

Seriously. No joke. I've seen these requirements announced for all the mentioned raids. Completely retarded if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by hoot80
    There's another "gearscore" type score that can be found on like wow heroes or something along those lines where a 3k GS is about the same as a 6k GS using the addon.
    Theres also another addon similar to GS Called "Elitist Group" its kinda a more in depth gearscore. Never seen anyone actually using it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Veinlash
    Oh hai thar Trilogy from my old server.

On topic:

Karazhan EU - Horde side

Naxx: 5.5k
    Ulduar: 5.5k
    ToC(any): 5.5k
    ICC10: 5.5k
    ICC25: 5.5k

Seriously. No joke. I've seen these requirements announced for all the mentioned raids. Completely retarded if you ask me.
    Seems plenty of players love good old Khadgar EU

15+ Year Old Account

Theres also another addon similar to GS Called "Elitist Group" its kinda a more in depth gearscore. Never seen anyone actually using it tho.
    <--- Uses it.

Can't remember but i did saw someone in /2 on the server Stormscale (EU) who set the requierment to 5K for Naxx 10man. :

Besides i don't think it was allowed to create GS threads anymore.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

<--- Uses it.
    Does the "Elitist Group" addon cause alot of traffic server side for example in raids GS causes a high amount of traffic and can cause entire raids to have minor lag spikes.

15+ Year Old Account

Does the "Elitist Group" addon cause alot of traffic server side for example in raids GS causes a high amount of traffic and can cause entire raids to have minor lag spikes.
    Not as much. It saves some preliminary data about players' gear and stuff which can be synced with other users of EG, but not to the extent that gearscore does. You can also choose to disable this which makes it a whole lot more lightweight. And even if you leave it on, data communication never happens during combat.

Deleted

Voa10: 4,8k
    voa25: 5k
    naxx10: 4,5k
    naxx25: 4,8k
    OS10 3D: 5k
    OS25 3D: 5,2k
    ulduar hardmodes (10 and 25man): 5k
    icc10: 5k
    icc25: 5,2k
    totc10: 4,8k
    totc25: 5k
    totgc (both 10 and 25man). 5,4k

Not as much. It saves some preliminary data about players' gear and stuff which can be synced with other users of EG, but not to the extent that gearscore does. You can also choose to disable this which makes it a whole lot more lightweight. And even if you leave it on, data communication never happens during combat.
    So if this is the case i dont understand why people still feel the need to use GS over EG, beats me.

15+ Year Old Account

So if this is the case i dont understand why people still feel the need to use GS over EG, beats me.
    GS has just become the norm. It's simple to understand and use. Just install it and you can see a number just by mousing over people. It helps the plankheads understand who can beat them in a duel and who can't.

10+ Year Old Account

Malygos sucks horde side

Heroics 4.5k or probablly booted
    Voa10/25 4.9k or higher
    TOC10 5k
    ICC10 5.2k
    ICC25 5.8k

You don't raid on my server unless your a top spot in a good guild.
    and there's only 3 great guilds who won't allow anything new to form.
    The last new one was Regan Smash and Ima Better Tank....and tank tanked

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by scandalis
    So what you're saying is that your server requires a 6k gearscore to do the first part of ICC25? Ya thats easily attainable.
    Well excuse me for forgetting a dot.
    inb4 world explosion.

i still standby by all the statements i make about how horrible my horde server (lethon) is.... if u dont have at least 5.5k GL finding icc10, if ur not over 5.2 GL getting in either toc10/25, 5.4 is usually min for voa, and fat chance getting the weekly done if you arent around 5.4k, futher goes to show how horrible my server is whne im yet to be outdpsd by any of these fools on my druid who only has a 5.3k Gs and just keeps more of the bads wiht the bads and the ppl who think they are good stuck with each other

that also reminds me i was kicked out of a heroic HoR the other day who said my GS was too low and his was .4.5k-_-
    was also kicked out of a voa25 by the leader who has a 3k GS..... W T F

Quote Originally Posted by Kleiger
    When people on my server say LFM for whatever raid i just say invite. they then reply with GS? and i follow with its retarded. By then if i get an inv i know they know what they are doing or if they ask again for gs i know i dont want to be in the group.
    This. If someone asks for GS I just be a complete dick.

Server: Bladefist EU
    VoA10: 4.2-4.5k
    VoA25: 4.5-5.0k
    ICC10: 5.0-5.5k
    ICC25: 5.5-5.7k
    ToTGC10: 5.0K-5.2K
    ToTGC25: 5.3-5.6K

sucks for me... my guild even has the 5k gs for icc 10 rule.. yet i get in cuz i was in the top 3 dps alost every raid i joined... with 4.8k
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.

ICC 10: 4,9k(only first 4) to 5,9K(LK)

On my server the GS requirements general seem to be between 50 and 100 lower than whoever is organising them :P