Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Gearscore Requirements On Your Server

I just want to tell some people out there that the GS number is not based off of your gears ilvl... Yes GS will tell you someone's average ilvl however the actual GS number itself is gotten by adding up the stats from all of your gear into one large arbitrary number.

On Dark Iron - US - Alliance

VoA10 - no GS req
    VoA25 - no GS req
    ToC10 - 4.5k GS
    ToC25 - 4.7k GS
    ICC10 - 5k GS
    ICC25 - 5.4k GS

from what i am seeing though my realm is more forgiving then a lot. beyond that a lot of the time people still get in if they ignore the GS request and just link the achievement.

15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't know, I don't use Gearscore and I avoid anyone using it like they're a fat chick with genital warts.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

around a GS of 5.2k minimum you can get into everything, except HM ICC.
    Lightning's blade EU.

Korgath - US

VoA 10: 5k-5.3k
    VoA 25: 5k - 5.4k
    ICC 10: 5k-5.7k
    ICC 25: 5.4k - 5.7k

Man I'm really jealous of some of your servers. On my server, GS is such a big deal its become ridiculous. I have 3 chars around 5.2-5.3k gs, and I feel like I can't do anything with them, because they are too low for ICC 10 apparently, but I need almost nothing from ToC 10/25. Its a bit demoralizing.

Black Dragonflight - US
    ToC/VoA - Usually nothing, maybe 5k gs for VoA 25 sometimes.

ICC 10 - first wing group - 5.2k GS
    ICC 10 - "pro group" - 5.6k GS
    ICC 25 - first two wings - 5.4k GS
    ICC 25 - "pro group" - 5.7k and up GS

Also doesn't help that most of the guilds require like 5.5k GS to get into, so I need ICC gear...to get into ICC...

Toc 5k+
    ICC10 5.5k+
    ICC25 5.5k at least

Really gearscore isnt a terrible addon, it gives a quick checkup on someones gear, however people overuse it and dont use it correctly (i know skill is better but you can either take someone who seems to have good gear or to take someone and hope they have skills..) Luckily i have enough gs for everything still retarded requirements.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Deleted

i remember my mate wouldnt get invited to os 25 0 drakes because his gear wasnt high enough he didnt have 5.2k GS they called him a noob etc bla bla. and then he linked his Twilight Vanquisher original kill in naxx times, they all got powned in the FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidseal
    whats teh maxxed score you can get anyway?
    tbh I dont like GS I did Toc25N with my rogue who atm did not even had epic and pulled 5k dps
    The max score ive seen so far is an ICC25 HC Geared feral druid with almost 6.3k Gearscore.

im actually from khadgar EU also (names ezrea)
    and your sortof blowing the GS thing out of proportion
    i know its screwed up on our server but i've had people asking for 5k for 25 icc, which seems reasonable, ofc just join a guild or make your own pugs and everything is cool

Quote Originally Posted by Veinlash
    Oh hai thar Trilogy from my old server.

On topic:

Karazhan EU - Horde side

Naxx: 5.5k
    Ulduar: 5.5k
    ToC(any): 5.5k
    ICC10: 5.5k
    ICC25: 5.5k

Seriously. No joke. I've seen these requirements announced for all the mentioned raids. Completely retarded if you ask me.
    Well my dk, zidane, has done icc 25 man 4/12 twice now, on raids I made myself on him, and got 800 resi pve gear :P So yea, they check my gearscore, 5.5k (wrath offpieces <3) and then leave it, after boss or 2 they whine, but they don't kick after being saved in icc. But yea, GS is getting out of hands on kara, just join ipwn's raids and your fine thu :P
    Rogue 80 (Gearing in progress) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&cn=Lapsi
    Paladin 80 (On break) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&cn=%C3%80ngel
    Death Knight 80 (Nearly done) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&cn=Z%C3%ACdane
    Hunter 80 (Retiring) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&cn=Markslady
    Mage 60 (Getting leveled next) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Karazhan&cn=Kuula

I just had a discussion/argument with a member of my guild today about GS. I like GS, but use it as a tool of comparison, not be-all-end-all decision of whether someone is good, or even good enough. He was talking about getting to 5k for tanking ten mans, 5k being the normal req for most ten mans on our server, including VOA, TOC 10, and so on. I tend to disregard people asking for GS req, but I think that ICC 10 is 5.3, and the ICC 25 I noticed was about 5.6. Pretty much anything else is 5k, though people may accept you if you are around 4700. I do fail to see the need for someone to have over 3k GS to do Naxx, but no one actually advertises to do Naxx on our server, so I think they just want higher score to faceroll through things like that.
    My current realm is Dath'Remar.

Also, I have been curious to know, is GS a normal req on RP servers?