Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Addon to show dead players ?

I don't know of one, but I believe it would be pretty simple to create one using the UnitIsDeadOrGhost method of the API. You could create a couple line add on that gathered names from your friend list, for example, checked their status, and spit out the info to your chat frame. You could then call that from a macro easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire
    no, we're having a hard time understanding what you're talking about.

If you are talking about seeing dead people outside of your raid group (ie, you're in group 1, but you want to see a guy that's in group 2)

Then you should be using a unitframe addon like grid.
    It's incredibly obvious what the OP is talking about. OP wants to be able to see if people outside of the group, or raid group, or raid, or SET OF PLAYERS THAT YOU HAD TO ACCEPT AN INVITE TO IN ORDER TO BE A PART OF THIS RANDOM CONGLOMERATION OF PLAYERS, are dead. Like say you /who randomperson, can you see if randomperson is dead. Stop being a jerk.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk
    I don't know of one, but I believe it would be pretty simple to create one using the UnitIsDeadOrGhost method of the API. You could create a couple line add on that gathered names from your friend list, for example, checked their status, and spit out the info to your chat frame. You could then call that from a macro easily enough.
    Thanks, I think i'll try to make it myself and/or search for somebody who knows more about the API and help me with it, because I don't have much experience with it.

Side note: Even with many of you confused about the meaning of the word "group", let's please stop talking about it.

15+ Year Old Account

Too much drama. :P Yes I did this to increase my post count. So fun.

Deleted

To answer the question:
    You can only get the dead/alive status of a unit assigned a unitID. Units in your group always have a unitID (because they are in your party). Since I don't assume you have the person you /who targeted/focused/whatever, the answer is no.

And now cut the flaming

You can only get the dead/alive status of a unit assigned a unitID.
    I don't believe this is accurate. It states that it requires a "unit" not a "unitId", and a "unit" can be "player", "target", or a player's name.

Deleted

If you check the link I provided, "player" and "target" are unitIDs. "playername" is a valid unitID if the respective unit is in your group, in which case it acts as a proxy for "group1-4" or "raid1-40", respectively.

Yes, you are correct, I just tested it. In party works fine, out of party doesn't. However, there is a command UnitInParty, which takes a unit param, so either it is basically only good for people you target, or there must be some way to capture a unit ID from a distance. There might be some way to finagle this, but it certainly isn't straight forward as far as I can tell.

Deleted

Mouseover, focus, target, targettarget, raidxtarget, raidpetxtarget, partyxtarget, etc.
    UnitInParty exists to check whether those are in your party.