Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Any real need for sacred shield on hard modes?

Quote Originally Posted by mööh
    don't be so fast i wanted to post that
    so did I

I've healed 25man hardmodes... (not that it's that important but just saying this to counter all the people that say they haven't healed it) and yes... of course it's important. Never let it fall off your tank. If your tank has 65k hp raid buffed he could get another 10k+ "imaginary" (effective in other words) health with disc shields and SS. It doesn't cost much mana, it's an instant cast, why would you NOT use it? It also increases your Healing Done on WoL, so it's just an extra couple hundred thousand healing there with just 1 GCD every 60 seconds.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakata
    I agree with this... Judging is off GCD? have you ever played a paladin? x.x Judging most certainly takes a GCD... and its a decent little shield, pretty mana efficient, problem is, they nerfed it into only proccing every 30 seconds, so IMO no its not worth it anymore, i usually only put it up on fights where i know i will be using FoL on said target, otherwise its a waste
    except that holy (or prot can't remember, and can't be assed to login and check) has a talent to reduce the proc down to 6 seconds, it was just nerfed to 30 seconds to nerf it's utility for retri in pvp

The only reason I wouldn't put it on the tank is if the other pally already did, in which case I'll put it on the OT, or just myself if it's a heavy AoE fight.

It's an excellent use of a GCD when the tank is topped, and since I'm almost always in melee range it's a free melee swing too so it's essentially mana neutral.

15+ Year Old Account

Im wondering how SS will play out if it is a 30 minute duration buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Yet another thing for me to forget to rebuff. Oh joy!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    by getting nerfed into the ground because it's OP
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    Assuming you have specced DG, then one sacred shield should do like 30k absorb by the time it ends.

I dont see a reason to not use it.
    This. Our main disc priest has this absorb meters cause his e-peen hurts when hes last on healing. Once he linked it to me after heroic 10m princes, and it had roughly about 250-300k in absorbs. That would equate to a whole lot of mana regen.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    Yet another thing for me to forget to rebuff. Oh joy!
    power auras is your friend.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveria
    This. Our main disc priest has this absorb meters cause his e-peen hurts when hes last on healing. Once he linked it to me after heroic 10m princes, and it had roughly about 250-300k in absorbs. That would equate to a whole lot of mana regen.
    To be honest, RecountGuessedAbsorbs has problems with giving credit to the wrong people for absorbs. So technically the Paladin could use SS and then get credit for the next few Disc Shields. So just take that number with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure things like World of Logs handle it a little better.

Regardless, SS is definitely worth using. My guilds Paladin uses it very often and we have done every hard mode except LK.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    power auras is your friend.
    Sorry, I'm too busy facerolling to look at the screen.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Sacred Shield is the most mana-efficient healing we have. It's what? 450 mana for 35k healing? And that doesn't even include the free HoT we get from FoL thanks to it. That's practically 1½ holy light crits (where nothing overheals, as if that ever happens) for the mana cost of 40% of the cost of a HL.

I keep 100% uptime on it, and fights like Blood-Queen and Saurfang where the damage done to the tank is mirrored onto other targets it makes shields even more important since they double-dip into each and everyone affected by the mirrored damage.

In those fights with two tanks on the boss(es) I most of the time keep beacon one tank and SS on the other, since I'm likely to overheal the beaconed tank with a constant stream of heals anyway, but not always get heals fast enough onto the other one (at least in my raid we tend to bundle Sacred Shield and Earth Shield onto the tank not beaconed to give us more time to react).

With a 60 second duration and so low mana cost there doesn't exist any single excuse in the world to let SS fall off at any point during any boss encounter. Keep it up, and make everyone happy.

I agree with this... Judging is off GCD? have you ever played a paladin? x.x Judging most certainly takes a GCD... and its a decent little shield, pretty mana efficient, problem is, they nerfed it into only proccing every 30 seconds, so IMO no its not worth it anymore, i usually only put it up on fights where i know i will be using FoL on said target, otherwise its a waste
    hey nerfed it into only proccing every 30 seconds
    have you ever played a paladin? x.x
    you owned yourself. XD
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    To be honest, RecountGuessedAbsorbs has problems with giving credit to the wrong people for absorbs.
    Not sure exactly what it is, but it sure isn't recount. Something some disc priest made up, I'm sure. But as for WOL, we don't run them for 10mans, I'm gonna have to check our 25mans when I get a chance.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Yep, I wouldn't let it fall off on LK HC because tanks already get hit for 30-40k. No need to make it worse.

absorbs are always 100% effective healing and add effective health to your tank.

with the icc buffs, the leg mace, ss, and disc priest shields you can be adding A LOT of effective health to your tanks.

if u have 2 pally healers, the one with most sp keeps his on mt, other on OT.

for easy 100% uptime i would say an addon like bolt is good. it will track your beacon, ss and judgement buffs.

as for recount guessed absorbed, they admit it's not entirely foolproof but it is a good add on to get a sense on what a disc priest, or ss on a pally is doing for you, or for say the leg mace.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveria
    Not sure exactly what it is, but it sure isn't recount. Something some disc priest made up, I'm sure. But as for WOL, we don't run them for 10mans, I'm gonna have to check our 25mans when I get a chance.
    Skada - Absorbs and healing.

If a disc priests uses RecountGuessedAbsorbs he will always top that meter.

Skada on the other hand, adds healing and absorbs together. Which, in my opinion, gives a better view of what the priest did.

Skada has 3 options when it comes to, useful, info for healing: Healing - Absorbs & Healing - Absorbs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael
    first of all, judging is off GCD
    People registering just to post misinformation never stop to amaze me.

The amount of misinformation and wrong speculation are astounding. This is why there is a stereotype against pallies, thank you guys.

I would....ask you to check into whatever meters you're running to see the absorbs (the person talking about his disc guildie's meter, and then again another talking about skada). My understanding of the way these programs work is that they just count the max absorb possible. I know it's the case in most meters - they'll count 5k absorbed, because a 5k shield was put on someone, not because that actual amount of damage was absorbed - which skews numbers markedly. From my understanding of SS, if you have a competent Disc priest on tank duty (mind you I didn't say a competent Disc priest on raid duty), you will see very little actual absorb from the SS, as incoming damage and absorbs work off PWS first. And THEN, when that's down, go to SS. Yes, you'll still get benefit from it, but I think one of my holy paladins was bitching because on one fight he did like a total of 35k actual effective absorb because the disc priest was on tank healing. IDK - I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to go dig out the post and info, but regardless, I would say other than that, it's pretty amazing. If you don't have a disc healer on your target, use it definitely.